This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

I confess that I'm angry with my classmate that has taken my mark table for me because I have not been present on the party yesterday. I know she wanted the best but she only caused a mess. I had to come to school only to be told that she has taken the mark table.... Grrrr...

- - - Updated - - -

But it's ok now. Past can't be changed after all.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I confess I've bloody missed this place!!!!
      "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
      - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Amelia-Mary View Post
        I confess I've bloody missed this place!!!!
        Hiii! You're back!

- - - Updated - - -

I confess that I should be working, but I don't have much in today. The only work option I have is a project to write about cars. I couldn't care less about cars. Like, of all the possible things I could write about, cars rank somewhere at the bottom. I don't even remember what drivers care about or what is "standard" in a modern car.

I need money, though. I can't just not work for a day. Kill me now.

Comment

I confess this just happened:

Husband: Wanna come over here and look at my character's new armor?
          Me: *walks over there*
          Husband: *pauses* Did you just fart and walk over here and bring it with you?
          Me: *pauses* Yes. Yes I did. Nice armor!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhaethe View Post
            I confess this just happened:

Husband: Wanna come over here and look at my character's new armor?
            Me: *walks over there*
            Husband: *pauses* Did you just fart and walk over here and bring it with you?
            Me: *pauses* Yes. Yes I did. Nice armor!
            I imagine a couple had a similar conversation back in medieval times. Just with more, real armour. And probably the black plague.
            White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
            sigpic
            In Days of yore,
            From Britain's shore
            Wolfe the dauntless hero came
            And planted firm Britannia's flag
            On Canada's fair domain.
            Here may it wave,
            Our boast, our pride
            And joined in love together,
            The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I confess I'm feeling troll-y
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I like The Jeremy Kyle Show, and Jerry Springer Show waaaaaaaaay more than I should.
                "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Amelia-Mary View Post
                  I like The Jeremy Kyle Show, and Jerry Springer Show waaaaaaaaay more than I should.
                  Omg I know what you mean. I love love love the Steve Wilco show and will go down a sinking ship to defend that man! I'm irrational. I know.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I confess that I think communism is a good political system on paper but has never been done right to date. Thus the USSR, modern China and NK. If it were done absolutely right however, you'd have a fair and happy society, in my opinion.
                    sigpic
                    In Days of yore,
                    From Britain's shore
                    On Canada's fair domain.
                    Here may it wave,
                    Our boast, our pride
                    The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                      I confess that I think communism is a good political system on paper but has never been done right to date.
                      Well, the biggest problems with it are actually counter to it's ideologies: Fascism and corruption.

Communism is one of those ideas that only works if everyone agrees to it and only works as long as everyone sticks with it.

In other words, it is an ideal society. And look how well every other "ideal" society turned out.
                      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Communism is great, if you're an ant or a bee, or if you are willing to give up your "personhood" for what someone else decides is "the greater good of society."

If you are interested in communism, join a commune. Have fun. You'll end up hating everybody around you.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                          Communism is great, if you're an ant or a bee, or if you are willing to give up your "personhood" for what someone else decides is "the greater good of society."

If you are interested in communism, join a commune. Have fun. You'll end up hating everybody around you.
                          I'm not interested in the way its done today, at all. I'm saying the perfect execution uphold indefinitely would be a fair society. I'll take the good old Constitutional Monarchy though, thanks.
                          sigpic
                          In Days of yore,
                          From Britain's shore
                          On Canada's fair domain.
                          Here may it wave,
                          Our boast, our pride
                          The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

What I mean, Doc, is that, even in theory it can't work because it makes false assumptions about the nature of human nature.

If you are seriously interested, look into the Israeli kibbutz movement - this was the best large scale experiment in communism... And it failed.

The problem is that people, IF THEY HAVE A CHOICE, find commune life intolerable. This is why communist nations wanted nothing less than world-wide communism (allowing no escape and no going back), and why every communist nation engaged(s) in periodic large scale purges and Gulags for people with "counterrevolutionary ideas."

Yes, I know, this is old school communism, but the kibbutzen failed after the first generation because the second generation members didn't want to live like that. It is well worth noting this problem.

We could debate eternally and get nowhere, which is why I recommend - if you are seriously serious - running your own experiment by starting or joining a commune.

Then we'd have real experiences we could compare, and your thoughts (being based on real world experience rather than theory) would carry more weight.

I've done the experiment myself, so I think I know something you don't. I mean this in a nice way - I'm not trying to be snotty . The theory is deceptive enough to fool many highly intelligent people, but the experience speaks for itself.
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I think my issue is that any system that requires perfect execution to work fails by automatically. Human beings suck at perfect execution on a large scale. Good systems are built to compensate for inevitable human failure.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                                I think my issue is that any system that requires perfect execution to work fails by automatically. Human beings suck at perfect execution on a large scale. Good systems are built to compensate for inevitable human failure.
                                Perhaps it's because every individual has a different definition of "perfect" in his mind.
                                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X