This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

Or sometimes a personality can just be a bit too much 24/7.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
      I think everyone is sick of me.

Theres my closest friend that I posted about in rants, now it seems all the other teachers at work are doing it.

I realised none have invited me out to dinner on a wednesday (something we do weekly) for ages, though if I go I'm still welcome to sit with them. But it really becamr obvious this morning, because they are all out bush somewhere, around a campfire together. And I didn't even know about it.

Sure, I got a bit inflammatory at dinner the other night, but only because one of our member is a complete fucking dickhead and I just couldn't put up with her shit. I've heard since that another teacher at the table and her partner left because of me and my remarks.

I don't know how I feel about it. On one hand, it's not particularly nice to be losing friends or whatever, especially when you work with them. But on the other hand I'm not going to apologise because I am who I am and deal with it.

I guess you either love me or hate me.

Or tolerate me.

Here guys, have a cake!

[ATTACH]3428[/ATTACH]
      Originally posted by Torey View Post
      Things like that have a way of exposing people's true colours, Heka. I've yet to find real-life friends who didn't dump me the second I disagreed with them or became too much of a burden to them. Basically, people suck.
      Yep yep yep and i thought it was just me. I have people that smile and pretend in public but dismiss me in private. Its happened so often ive become an introvert i stay silent when i used to talk. Ive learned people pretend to care and dont. Which inspires me too push people away before they can do the same in return. I understand how you feel i hope you both find friends that can be true. Or you cpuld make up your own imaginary friends like i do

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      My best friend can send me up the walls. But she doesnt lose my friendship. I speak my mind she speaks hers sometimes its a screaming match but we dont drop each other. If they dont see your amazing thats their loss

Comment

We aren't talking about best friends though. I can only deal with so much dramatic people in my life. I sometimes need a break from them. They suck the ever loving life out of me.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Oh by all means yeah cut negative/ drama out take a break. Im a hermit for those reasons. Other peoples drama pissed off attitudes effect me bad. I feel like a mood ring based off of others emotions i hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            And mine is for most people. I'm aware of that, I try to give people space.

Just out here theres no other people, and I get lonely. And lonely me is probably a bit more annoying haha.

Torey, I'm an irl friend! We met once :P

But yes, yet another conversatuon that comes down to - people suck.
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I'd like to confess that when I had first joined this site, I felt very much at home and very welcome, but then due to things in my life I ended up not having the time to visit as often as I had been or I'd have liked to. Since then, I've made a few attempts to come back and get involved with the community again, but each time I've felt like I was that kid on the playground who wasn't even picked for kickball, but sort of was just "there", hanging out at the edge of the field watching but not feeling included.

Now, though, be it due to being more involved in posting or feeling better about myself or maybe even due to a change here, I no longer feel that way. I'm feeling more and more welcomed and included. Thank you, everyone.

Comment

I confess that, due to my awkwardness and general lack of charisma, being alone with my wife's (fairly hot) workmate for 15 minutes to drive her to meet the crew for the Quiz Night is causing me to have intense anxiety pangs.

Comment

I confess, that the human body sometimes takes power from hell know where... And this power helps overcome difficulties.

- - - Updated - - -

It's true for everybody.
                  "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I confess that I miss playing WoW

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                      I confess that I miss playing WoW
                      I confess that I don't. I'm just waiting for the expansion to drop in November :P
                      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I've been keeping an eye on that a bit myself. We never bought panda-land, but now it's up for $10 instead of the original $60 so I'm a little tempted. At least for that much.

It's when they destroyed my talent trees, the play-style of my characters which became less individualized and more cut-and-paste, and when the population of my server changed from mature hard-core rpers and raiders into 14 year old pubescent kids.

Still...

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                          It's when they destroyed my talent trees, the play-style of my characters which became less individualized and more cut-and-paste
                          I played pretty hardcore for a long time, really getting into my playstyle. I had started playing around the time of patch 1.4, and was proud of myself for learning how to successfully tank as a druid when druids were only supposed to be able to heal. I eventually stopped playing the first time when Aion came out in 2008. When I came back a while later, I was horrified that everything was so changed that I hardly play anymore. I had to relearn everything from the ground up, but the patience for relearning by the community was so thin I called it quits soon after.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                            I played pretty hardcore for a long time, really getting into my playstyle. I had started playing around the time of patch 1.4, and was proud of myself for learning how to successfully tank as a druid when druids were only supposed to be able to heal. I eventually stopped playing the first time when Aion came out in 2008. When I came back a while later, I was horrified that everything was so changed that I hardly play anymore. I had to relearn everything from the ground up, but the patience for relearning by the community was so thin I called it quits soon after.
                            That's part of it too, the community has shifted a fair bit overall because of the decisions blizzard has made. I played for 6 years or so, up until Cata released and I haven't really forgiven the company for destroying my priests.

Comment

I have no desire to read any Hunger Games books or watch any of the movies. My grand total interest in the trilogy is hearing that the government imposing that sociopathic event is executed in such a horrific way that the deaths enacted for their crimes are remembered as an object lesson for ten thousand years and I don't think the series will provide that.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
                                I confess that, due to my awkwardness and general lack of charisma, being alone with my wife's (fairly hot) workmate for 15 minutes to drive her to meet the crew for the Quiz Night is causing me to have intense anxiety pangs.
                                Lack of charisma?

I always thought you were pretty charismatic! Try not to stress. 15 min is like 1% of your day
                                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                                Seen the desert and the birds
                                You cut your hair short
                                Like a shush to an insult
                                The world had been yelling
                                Since the day you were born
                                Revolting with anger
                                While it smiled like it was cute
                                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment