X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    I guess everyone is different, but I don't think that sounds so bad. We live together, but because of work, sometimes we don't see each other for 6 weeks while he is away (it's going to be worse once I start going back to field work).
    I don't think it would be so bad if it were sometimes, but it's all the time. I think it's just us, though. I'm a homebody, but I'm also social. So I don't like to go out unless I have a really good reason (a specific concert or event that I want to see or a day out in nature) but I like the company. Also, two of my close friends who I socialize with a lot are away at the moment and one is working around the clock on his website, so it's been a bit lonely.

Comment

So after the doc's visit and my A1C climbing back up, I decided to try again. I have decided to keep a food journal. But not the on-line kind. A very simple template of what I ate daily for break lunch and din. And snacks. No measuring. Not that detailed. I know how much I ate! I want to see what I'm eating. I found knowing I'm keeping track caused me to look at each meal and decide if it's right for me. I confess after work on the bus ride home I purchased some ding dongs! I already had some peanuts, beef jerky and a skim milk moz stick with me. I actually through the ding dongs away. I realized I purchased it out of habit. For fear of being hungry and going very low by the time I got home.

I threw the ding dongs away!!!!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Well done Medusa! !! I need to throw things out more!!

I confess I miss him. It's annoying. He won't talk to me. It's not fair. I need him.
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I confess that I'm still going to try and go to California for graduate school, despite the high cost, and I will make the best of it. If even there is no job or career advancement immediately after graduation...along with the debt.

Comment

I confess that there are a few people that I really look up to on this site, and greatly respect their comments and opinions especially when I post something, but I doubt they realize it, nor will I probably even tell them.

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
              Its sprrrrriiiiinnnngggggg!!!!!!! Granted ive been thinking its spring since I saw the first emu babies and wildflowers in the first weekend of august (early spring!) But now its officially sprriiinnggg! Warmth get at me!!!
              It's fall here. You folks are sooooo backward. Get with the program! It's the 21st century, after all. We should have standardized the seasons by now.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                I confess that there are a few people that I really look up to on this site, and greatly respect their comments and opinions especially when I post something, but I doubt they realize it, nor will I probably even tell them.
                I confess that I actually hope I am not one of those few, since (from my perspective) my opinions can change faster than boxers trade punches and, as often as not, my comments are out of line or not very well thought out or even clear.

Geez, that's some self deprecation now isn't it, huh? "Oh man, I hope I'm not approved of at all, around here." Yeah, pay no mind to the man behind the curtain. He's just a dunce that doesn't know where his hope is supposed to go. ;-/

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                  Don't worry, I do realize it!

Just kidding
                  [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

It's fall here. You folks are sooooo backward. Get with the program! It's the 21st century, after all. We should have standardized the seasons by now.
                    Backwards?! Excuse me?! I am in the FUTURE over here!!!!! And you call me 'backward'!!!

I'm just upside down, not backward. Get with the program!!!

RIP

You cut your hair short
                    Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                      I confess that I actually hope I am not one of those few, since (from my perspective) my opinions can change faster than boxers trade punches and, as often as not, my comments are out of line or not very well thought out or even clear.

Geez, that's some self deprecation now isn't it, huh? "Oh man, I hope I'm not approved of at all, around here." Yeah, pay no mind to the man behind the curtain. He's just a dunce that doesn't know where his hope is supposed to go. ;-/
                      Ah, come on now. That's not being very nice. I know there's something huggable hiding under the scruff. It pops out just often enough for me not to forget.

Personally, I've some to a very sad realization. I popped into a certain thread regarding racism and it struck me. I live in a mostly white neighborhood. I grew up in a town that literally had one black family and maybe two Mexican families during the year they were building the ethanol plant (they were very open about being migrant workers). In my mind, I mostly see people as white. I know, logically, we probably have people on here of a different race, and I really don't care if they are, but I've been picturing everyone as white (Medusa being the only American exception because, well, she talks about being of Mexican origin a lot and my mind finally worked that out) and I kinda feel bad for that. I feel like I've been overlooking something important. It really bothers me because I work very hard to come at things with an open mind and that feels very closed to me, but I also don't know how to change it, it's so automatic.
                      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I'm secretly happy my nickname around here is "Mal" because of who that is in Firefly.
                        hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

I confess I enjoy eating sour cream by itself. On occasion, I use it as a Quark substitute because Quark isn't really a thing around here.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                            I confess I enjoy eating sour cream by itself. On occasion, I use it as a Quark substitute because Quark isn't really a thing around here.
                            Hah! I get like that too, only I go for cottage cheese... which is terrible for me because I'm lactose intolerant and trying to lose weight.
                            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post

Ah, come on now. That's not being very nice. I know there's something huggable hiding under the scruff. It pops out just often enough for me not to forget.

Personally, I've some to a very sad realization. I popped into a certain thread regarding racism and it struck me. I live in a mostly white neighborhood. I grew up in a town that literally had one black family and maybe two Mexican families during the year they were building the ethanol plant (they were very open about being migrant workers). In my mind, I mostly see people as white. I know, logically, we probably have people on here of a different race, and I really don't care if they are, but I've been picturing everyone as white (Medusa being the only American exception because, well, she talks about being of Mexican origin a lot and my mind finally worked that out) and I kinda feel bad for that. I feel like I've been overlooking something important. It really bothers me because I work very hard to come at things with an open mind and that feels very closed to me, but I also don't know how to change it, it's so automatic.
                              Its ok, I do the same, even though I've grown up with black Aboriginals and speak Indonesian... don't stress.

On the otber hand, I have some stress, as I'm meeting my aunt and cousin for the first time tonight, in 12 years, and the first time ever alone... bartender being me wine!!!

RIP

You cut your hair short
                              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                                Hah! I get like that too, only I go for cottage cheese... which is terrible for me because I'm lactose intolerant and trying to lose weight.
                                Hnnnnnnnnnnngh cottage cheese is so good! I've tried to mix it with stuff, but I keep coming back to plain cottage cheese. It's the best.
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X