X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

Originally posted by Rick View Post
    Now THAT'S a knife!!!
    Where! Where! I still don't see a knife!

(this generally happens just before I find one in my back, hence the excitement...)
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Well,I used to always carry a K-bar where ever I went,some Navy diver gave it to me when I helped him out with something..
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        Well,I used to always carry a K-bar where ever I went,some Navy diver gave it to me when I helped him out with something..
        I keep mine in my car, you just never know....
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Rule number one from being in the service:ALWAYS have a knife handy PERIOD,end of story..(It is a TOOL,not considered a weapon always,though people seldom understand the difference)
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
            I keep mine in my car, you just never know....
            I'd do that too, but concealed weapons charges + teaching occupation = unemployment.

There does happen to be a machete near the front and back door, though...
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              Rule number one from being in the service:ALWAYS have a knife handy PERIOD,end of story..(It is a TOOL,not considered a weapon always,though people seldom understand the difference)
              Yeah, because people seldom understood the difference (they still seldom do), I asked my father to order a tactical pen. It can be used almost as a knife. So my father ordered one for me, and one for himself.
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

Where! Where! I still don't see a knife!

(this generally happens just before I find one in my back, hence the excitement...)
                Oh come now, why would I stick a knife in your back?!
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                  Oh come now, why would I stick a knife in your back?!
                  LOL - If I knew, you'd never be able to get it there. That's the scary part...

Comment

I confess that former West Germany feels like a totally different country to me. I mean, yeah, they speak German, but so does Austria, and that's definitely a different country. I've lived in West Berlin, but Berlin is different than anywhere in Germany (doesn't matter if it's East or West). Still, even though I've only lived in Berlin, I feel more at "home" in places like Leipzig than I do in Cologne. It will be weird to live over there.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

LOL - If I knew, you'd never be able to get it there. That's the scary part...

Well I have no short term intentions to stick a knife in your back.

Stat safe!

RIP

You cut your hair short
                      Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I may have cooked the egg I had for dinner last night in caustic oven cleaner thinking it was canola spray. I noticed the difference today when I was cooking pancakes. ><

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                          Still, even though I've only lived in Berlin, I feel more at "home" in places like Leipzig than I do in Cologne. It will be weird to live over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
                            I may have cooked the egg I had for dinner last night in caustic oven cleaner thinking it was canola spray. I noticed the difference today when I was cooking pancakes. ><
                            Bahahaha hows your guts?

RIP

You cut your hair short
                            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                              Bahahaha hows your guts?

I did have a slight belly ache.

I'm okay today though! /flex.

Comment

No, I'm a Berliner, through and through. But East and West aside, the division left a lot of other differences other than character. I noticed that in the West, people talk down a lot about the East, but it's kind of silly because the East is just a lot better. There's a LOT more space...fewer people living in a bigger area, so houses and yards are bigger and there's more room to breathe. There's also a lot more natural space, even in and around big cities like Berlin. When you go to smaller towns, there are a lot fewer people and very few tourists. Because of the divide, a lot of them feel pretty untouched and the historic buildings have the same feel that they did in the middle ages. If you go to Rothenburg (in the West), it's crawling with tourists, but if you go to Stolberg (in the East), it's quiet and peaceful. The cities are also way different. Because of the whole "post-communism" gap in eastern cities and East Berlin, there's just so much more of an alternative feel to places like Berlin, Leipzig, and Dresden. Cologne and Hamburg have sizeable alternative scenes, but it's nothing compared to what somewhere like Leipzig has (imo the best city in Germany outside of Berlin).

In a way, the people are different too. Once again, the whole East/West thing aside, people in the East are kind of more liberal but also more traditional. Stuff like urban gardening, making things yourself, and generally doing things for yourself is more popular here, because no one had any money for a long time after reunification. There's a huge DIY vibe around where people just learned traditional skills in order to be a bit more self-sufficient. At the same time, most people lean a bit more left (even if they don't always vote that way) and tend to be less conservative. Even in a smaller city, you can kind of do whatever you want and no one will look at you funny.

So, I guess it has less to do with "Ossi" and "Wessi" and more to do with how reunification shaped the former East.

Comment

Working...
                                X