This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

I confess that I often, when looking at the time on a digital clock, remove the colon, read it as a number, and try to calculate, in my head, the prime factors of the number before the time changes...

for instance: The time is currently 1:44... the prime factors of 144 are 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3
    the time is now 1:45... the prime factors of 145 are 5, 29

I'm pathetic.

I blame XKCD for this nuance.
    "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

[quote author=FantasyWitch link=topic=182.msg11428#msg11428 date=1289374468]
      Maybe I should just be content in the knowledge that you two just have farrrr to much time on your hands X
      [/quote]

Have you seen the stats for longest online time, lately? MaskedOne and Dufonce, both, have Thal and I beat. By DAYS.

I confess that I'd really like to know how that's possible. I don't think they ever leave their respective computers. I have time on my hands, being disabled/not working, and can't even catch up with those guys.

I confess that I think I truly am not alone, in being addicted to PF.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I think they just sit with it on mind you :P X
        "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

[quote author=FantasyWitch link=topic=182.msg11447#msg11447 date=1289375829]
          I think they just sit with it on mind you :P X
          [/quote]

I never close the tab on my home computer that has PF open, and I frequently open it on my cell-phone. The forum only logs time that you are actively surfing the forum... clicking on links, or at least refreshing the page... so either they spend a LOT of time on here, or they have it auto-refreshing... which I can't imagine that why anyone would auto-refresh a forum unless they were actually reading it at the time.
          "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I-phone + excessive spare time for a while yet + infinite data plan = huge time log
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

[quote author=MaskedOne link=topic=182.msg11459#msg11459 date=1289378291]
              I-phone + excessive spare time for a while yet + infinite data plan = huge time log
              [/quote]

I'm jealous. My phone simply sux @$$, for forum access. I can read a bit of it, as long as I have my reading glasses on, and zoom in, but replying/posting is an extensive PITA.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

My old 8525 was like that. It was a marvel when I got especially since the family had no internet at the time so my link to the net was that phone. It's power started glitching early this year so I near bankrupted myself the first month that I had a decent paycheck to upgrade. I love this phone's net connection. That and the battery eats my old phone alive unless I use too much Pandora or play a lot of Risk.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

[quote author=MaskedOne link=topic=182.msg11459#msg11459 date=1289378291]
                  [/quote]

I totally hear ya. I love my iPhone but it can be a time sucker, and unless you get the most minimal plan over here, your data is ALWAYS unlimited. So I can't even opt out of that lol.

Comment

[quote author=FantasyWitch link=topic=182.msg11428#msg11428 date=1289374468]
                    Maybe I should just be content in the knowledge that you two just have farrrr to much time on your hands X
                    [/quote]

I type fast.

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

I just ate a freezer sausage biscuit even though I've been trying to avoid freezer food. Wolfed that sucker down because I'm starving and too broke to go the the grocery until Friday! Argh!

Comment

I confess that I enjoy figuring computer stuff out before my network/db engineer husband can. It's nice and makes me feel smart. Plus I can then get him to smooth out the wrinkles

Comment

I confess that I'm rather happy about getting all dressed up cute and a little sexy for the concert tonight...it's been a few weeks since I got all cuted up *does a happy dance*
                          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

[quote author=Deseret link=topic=182.msg11618#msg11618 date=1289417221]
                            I confess that I'm rather happy about getting all dressed up cute and a little sexy for the concert tonight...it's been a few weeks since I got all cuted up *does a happy dance*
                            [/quote]

I confess maybe I need to do that ^^ and I will feel better... =)
                            sigpic

Comment

I confess i haven't done my IT homework in about 4 weeks...
                              "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                              - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

I have to confess I didn't know who the guy in Dumuzi's avatar was until I saw the movie, 2 weeks ago, at the age of 17.

I disappoint myself :-\

Comment

Working...
                                X