This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

I confess that I have never gone through so horrible stuff many other members here have. Much respect.
    (Not referring to anyone speacially, it just seems that people have been sharing their experiences quite openly around the forums lately.)
    baah.

Comment

I confess that I have never gone through so horrible stuff many other members here have. Much respect.
      (Not referring to anyone speacially, it just seems that people have been sharing their experiences quite openly around the forums lately.)
      It's a very accepting forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow View Post
        It's a very accepting forum.
        Indeed it is. Which makes it even more "weirder" than people here haven't had easy lives but still they are accepting and supportive. Sometimes it seems that certain online places are more like a "who has it worse" competitions.
        baah.

Comment

Indeed it is. Which makes it even more "weirder" than people here haven't had easy lives but still they are accepting and supportive. Sometimes it seems that certain online places are more like a "who has it worse" competitions.
          I'm of the opinion that for 99% of people who have gone through real hardship, they don't see it as a competition. It's a reality, it needs to be accepted as reality before they can move on with their lives in a healthy manner, and with that acceptance comes the understanding that sometimes life just sucks and trying to tell someone who's suffering that it's really not that bad is more like poking them in the eye with a sharp poky stick than actually helping anyone.

I could be wrong. Maybe that's just wishful thinking.
          Time to take off the philosophical hat now and read up on Faeries.

Comment

I have an anger problem during Alabama football games.

Comment

I never passed gas before in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                  Don't worry, I have more than made up for you.
                  Once a man, like the sea I raged;
                  Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
                  And there is in fact more earth than sea.
                  Genesis lyric

Comment

my eye is twitching
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

I just had the sudden realization that CJ from West Wing is the school counselor in 10 Things I Hate About You.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                        I just had the sudden realization that CJ from West Wing is the school counselor in 10 Things I Hate About You.
                        CJ? The forum's user, that is?
                        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                          No. Thal's referring to a character in a TV show.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I confess... I think Gleb is drunk.
                            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                            Sneak Attack

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                              No. Thal's referring to a character in a TV show.
                              Oh....

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                              I confess... I think Gleb is drunk.
                              Nope, I'm not.

- - - Updated - - -

Just tired.
                              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Nope, I'm not.
                                Lol if you say so.
                                Sneak Attack

Comment

Working...
                                X