This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=182.msg27139#msg27139 date=1294365645]
    I confess that I'm more fertile than a barrel of unspayed puppies, and I STILL don't take birth control. But then, I also confess that if I could reproduce like a plant, I probably would.
    [/quote]

Does no one get the contraceptive implant in the states?! I've had mine for two years and its easy peasy lemon squeezy. X
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

[quote author=FantasyWitch link=topic=182.msg27246#msg27246 date=1294388440]
      Does no one get the contraceptive implant in the states?! I've had mine for two years and its easy peasy lemon squeezy. X
      [/quote]

Like an IUD (intrauterine device)? According to my doc you can't have one unless you've already had children.
      sigpic

Comment

I confess I'm looking soooo forward to my hysterectomy. I will be able to wear white fearlessly.

[/quote]

I've known a couple of women who've gotten the Implanon-type implants. One of them had a bad reaction, had to have them removed and has a nasty scar to show for it. The other had kids while on it. It's just not used much because of the complications & problems that have arisen from it. The tech is worthwhile to develop, but I think for many women it's a little too 'permanent'.

[quote author=LiadanWillows link=topic=182.msg27256#msg27256 date=1294393424]
        Like an IUD (intrauterine device)? According to my doc you can't have one unless you've already had children.
        [/quote]

Many doctors recommend IUDs if you're overweight, whether you've had kids or not. There are a few different types - some are just plain copper or wire devices designed to prevent the egg from attaching to the uterine wall. Others have contraceptive hormones embedded in the device. They usually aren't recommended in cases of PCOS, heavy cramping, endometriosis & the like because of the risk of spontaneous expulsion and/or adhesion.
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I confess a just saw an intro from a new member called rabbit and i nearly had a heart attack. Luckily its not the same person who i happened to have posted some stuff about. Also, on the subject of said person (the guy not the new member) i confess he's making it very difficult to have an "i don't care, i'm not waiting for him anymore" attitude.

Comment

[/quote]

I refuse to put anything hormone-based inside my body. The only non-hormone female contraceptive like that, that I know of is the copper IUD, and you aren't supposed to use those till you've had kids. Besides, even with that, I don't like the idea of a foreign object up inside my body.

So I alternate between abstinence and condoms, as I see fit. *shrug*

Mostly art.

Comment

I should have gone to the gym yesterday, but taking a day off felt very good.
              It does not do to dwell in dreams and forget to live - Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I confess I need to find more motivation to lose weight. Right now a double cheeseburger sounds a lot better than being thinner.
                sigpic

Comment

[quote author=LiadanWillows link=topic=182.msg27329#msg27329 date=1294431779]
                  I confess I need to find more motivation to lose weight. Right now a double cheeseburger sounds a lot better than being thinner.
                  [/quote]

Apparently drinking water or exercise helps when you can't stop thinking about food.

I confess I am so excited about the new series of Criminal Minds starting tonight.
                  http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

[quote author=shadow1982 link=topic=182.msg27331#msg27331 date=1294432230]
                    Apparently drinking water or exercise helps when you can't stop thinking about food.
                    [/quote]

Drinking water when I'm craving something helps me so much. Half the time I'm "hungry" because I'm dehydrated and don't know it!

Big tall glass of water before eating meals, too...helps a lot with portion control because you feel full faster.
                    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=182.msg27301#msg27301 date=1294415677]
                      I refuse to put anything hormone-based inside my body. The only non-hormone female contraceptive like that, that I know of is the copper IUD, and you aren't supposed to use those till you've had kids. Besides, even with that, I don't like the idea of a foreign object up inside my body.

So I alternate between abstinence and condoms, as I see fit. *shrug*
                      [/quote]
                      I'm guessing you don't eat cows.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=182.msg27343#msg27343 date=1294435664]
                        I'm guessing you don't eat cows.
                        [/quote]

Haha! I don't actually! I'm intolerant to both dairy and red meat.

Mostly art.

Comment

i have been offered a course through work, not the one i need to help with my job, something to help them keep their Microsoft Gold Standard. I am in two minds about it, will be good for my CV, but will mean i have to do someone elses job as well, for no extra money..
                          Hmmm.

M
                          In the end, only you know if you were right or wrong, so tolerate others beliefs, no matter how wrong, they may be right...

Comment

I confess that I'm probably not going to quit, even though I've tried so many times and had some great sucess. I love cigarettes, and I hate myself for it.

I confess that even after graduating with great grades and having a lot of options, I haven't a friggin' clue what I want to do at all...not even an inkling.

I confess that I truly, actually hate a hell of a lot of people.

I confess that I love nutella.

I confess that I even though I'm happily out of the closet, have tons of support, and actually am not a social hermit or anything, I'll most likely end up alone because most gay men I meet are positively the opposite of everything I believe or care about.

Comment

I confess that in order to make my confession, the adult board would have to come back.
                              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I confess i've never been so ashamed of myself. I confess I did something stupid. I confess I'm paying the price for it now. I confess I am going to regret this everyday. I'm sorry.
                                "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                                - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Working...
                                X