This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

Thanks for the tips Thal, I'll keep my eye out for them. I'm always looking for decent new fantasy novels to read.

Oh, and another confession...I'm listening to Slipknot right now. I don't know why...it's sort of like junk food, you know it's terrible but you keep going back to it for some reason....

EDIT: Although I will say I've always admired Slipknot for their theatrics. Those masks are badass.
    "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Let a man never stir on his road a step
    without his weapons of war;
    for unsure is the knowing when the need shall arise
    of a spear on the way without.
    -

Comment

I confess I want to go party and drink and be irresponsible.
      sigpic

Comment

I confess I am plotting to move away from here. We'll see how that goes though.
        It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
        -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

I confess that despite it basically being what I was just doing and hating, I applied for a job in Portland that paid more than twice per hour and was part time, leaving us with the possibility of having half the expense with twice the money. <fingers crossed>

Comment

I confess I'm very excited because I found a few places in e-ville that are actually my price range. I can't even begin to explain how awesome that is. anyway, here's to hoping. Also, rok, good luck man. That sounds absolutely fantastic!
            It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
            -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

I confess that I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with all of the things I need to get done...
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Apparently I can actually become so upset as to not have a word to say. Who would have thunk that?
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I confess I a have no patience right now and I am feeling rather pissed off... and everyone around me chose to be an asshole today... not a good combination.
                  sigpic

Comment

I confess that I'm still in love with someone I shouldn't be. *sighs*

Comment

I confess I have a friend whom is in a constant state of pain and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it, and it makes me really upset.
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I confess i have enough of my elders. They make me sick. And i want them to die as fast as possible. Though i want them also to live, which brings me to a point of circle pit without end.
                        And connected with that- I confess i want to escape from my homeland to Germany or UK, even if it would be only for a month...
                        sigpic

Comment

I confess....

Last night I had THE worst nightmare ever. I was at my grandmother's home in my old bedroom. And Dumuzi was coming to visit me. He then told me how he was joining this on-line forum called 'Get your full flirt on'. I had asked him how he could do that to me. That I was his woman and I was loyal and good to him all these years. I was so upset I ran away.

*karma got me...even in my sleep.

I confess I now know how it must have felt when I told Dumuzi I was a flirt. It wasn't meant in the way it sounded and I realize now how painful that must have been for him to hear me say that.

I am so sorry.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I keep telling people I love to read...I even argued that I didn't have some sort of dyslexia back when I was flunking out of college....but...

Unless it's engaging and I can either take it in small chunks or just sort of "float" across what is happening, I have a hard time. Even then, it's hard for me to remember things like character names because I recognize the word and just float on by, not actually reading it. I have a good memory for what sticks, especially if I can remember where it was on the page, a picture nearby etc. Vocabulary isn't a problem either...I like interesting words. We didn't have much else to do in my home growing up BUT read, and so there are dozens of books that even years later I have great recall on, but I read each of them dozens of times.

Big blocks of text, though, like school books, tests, paperwork? I get lost on the page. I start reading, and my eyes lose track of where I am. After over an hour, I ended up in tears because of a couple of simple sets of student loan paperwork today, and I feel like an idiot.
                            Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

To a degree, I think paperwork hits a lot of people like that. I have a tendency to read through license agreements and Terms of Service on various products and actually finishing one in one sitting without skimming over parts is painful as all hell. Heaven help you if the agreement is something like an update to Iphone ToS which means you're actually reading 4 very similar, mildly legalese documents. Reading for fun and reading paperwork are two very different experiences with very little in common.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I confess that I'm enjoying the scenester music channel on YouTube.
                                my etsy store
                                My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                                surrounded by plush, downy things,
                                ill prepared, but willing,
                                to descend."

Comment

Working...
                                X