X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

Jembru, the way you talk about babies is cute and funny

Why not calling upon your instinct and going with the flow ? It usually works with babies and it's a great experience for you, it seems you need practise

Comment

That's what my mum suggested. She also said that rather than stay in with the baby, I should take her out in her pram. She said I should go shopping and use the pram to carry things home! I'd worry in case I did something wrong. What if she gets too cold? What if she over heats because I wrapped her in too many blankets due to my previous concern. What if we get into an accident, or I forget I'm baby sitting and go home without her?

It could be good practice, but only so I can baby sit for friends in future. There is no way on the Lady's fine Earth, that I'll ever be having one of these of my own. You can say, 'ah but you'll change your mind one day', but I doubt it. I'm already 30 so don't have many years of ripe eggs left in me, and I have found a man I adore and hope to be with forever. We're settled, living together, sharing everything, but still, not even a hint of desire for parenthood from either of us. The planet needs fewer babies anyway, so I won't be sad if it never happens for me!
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I see what you mean and i agree when you say the planet needs fewer babies.

You worry way too much, you are a woman, even if you aren't mother, there are many things you are able to feel and guess. Baby will tell you if you do something wrong and that's a good thing, just enjoy the time with her ! Your concern shows you can only do few mistakes ^^

Comment

I agree with Jem. Little babies are gross.

That said, babysitting 5 year old nieces are making me want babies. Eff you maternal instincts.

Mostly art.

Comment

I confess I'm glad I'm not alone in being weirded out by babies! I though of another fear. What if I feed her and she needs burping, but I can't get her to burp? Maybe I need to read through the parenting thread to see if there are baby tips in there.
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I confess that I also don't like babies. I'm not weirded out by them; I just don't like them. I love kids, but I really don't like babies. They're annoying. They smell. They're boring. Etc.

Comment

Some are parent material and some are not,having raised two,and now with my two grandkids..It is easier when you have already done it,but young new parents have to mostly learn everything by doing. My Ex and I were lucky having her Mother with us to explain about raising kids. Kids I will say are not for everyone,better you know this before trying to become parents. Also there is nothing wrong that you don't want kids. Raising kids is a LOT of work,and it is expensive.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                  I agree with Jem. Little babies are gross.

That said, babysitting 5 year old nieces are making me want babies. Eff you maternal instincts.
                  See, I'm exactly the opposite. After spending more than 5 minutes with a small child (such as a 5-year-old), it renews my desire to NEVER have children. I have no maternal instincts.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                    I find this distressing. As an avid reader, with poor eyesight, this concerns me. I'm saddened.
                    It's not as sad as it sounds. I think my level of grief upon the death of my mother, my brother and the break up of relationship where I am STILL in love....is just all jumbled up into one fat fucking mess inside. Its easier to just let it all settle down to the bottom. And hope it doesn't take me with it. At some point grief becomes too much to pull it apart and see what's the problem. It's like one big blob. And I do not have another 20 years to work through this shit. So Im just chucking it all away and ignoring it. I know it's not the wisest thing to do.

But honestly? Sometimes it is the wisest thing to do.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I confess that I think this rap sounds very sexy! I have no idea what he's saying. But it sounds hot.
                      Music video by Outlandish performing Walou. (C) 2004 RCA/BMG Denmark A/S
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

when I came home from the war I hated this place. It felt so false and so sterile. I missed, and still miss the jagged raw nerves of beauty and horror. Each contrast made either so much more brilliant. The constant throw between either made it all rather beautiful. I felt alive and in the middle of how life should feel. Now that I'm home I feel cut off from the world. I feel as if I had been given a gift and had it taken away from me. While processing remains in the mortuary I stepped out for a smoke, and for the first time in my life realized that snowflakes make sounds as they bump into each other and fall to the ground. I sat out there with a smoke in my lips and covered in gore, and enjoyed a symphony of infinite soft pillow fights surrounding me and enveloping me. Then I flicked the butt and went back to the bodies.
                        I hate it here. It is bland. It tastes bland. Yet I am too injured to return. Too injured to do much than collect disability and remember the truth that lies out there.

Comment

I confess that I'm often lonely... therefore I talk too much on forums and emails to people. ;u_u
                          My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Same here tbh =/ ^

I confess that.....I currently have a crush on a woman old enough to be my mum. Although, in my defence, she doesn't look 41! :O lol.

Comment

I'm going back to school in February after being out for over two years and I'm terrified. I suppose this counts as a confession because I've never been afraid of school before.

I was only out for so long because of a weird financial error. Now not only am I unused to being in a classroom, I'm changing my field of study from psychology to dentistry. Instead of working on a BA in psychology I'll be getting an Associate's in general education and taking part in a workforce program which will allow me to take an internship as a dental assistant in a very short time. I was a straight A student before I had to drop out, but this is a tall order and it makes me nervous.
                              Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                              -Erik Erikson

Comment

I confess that I did something that I shouldn't have, and I told someone things that weren't mine to tell...

Comment

Working...
                                X