X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
    I had to leave the house so I couldn't have WiFi.
    lol!

I spend my Monday afternoons watching Downton Abbey online and my Wednesday's watching NCIS...
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

I confess that I can listen to the "That High and Lonesome Sound" album by Old and in the Way, on repeat, for days.
      "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I confess that my attempt not to eat bread and pasta ended in more than just miserable failure, after moving into a house where the weekly dinner plan consists of mostly bread and pasta... and I don't get specific space in the fridge or freezer. It became acquiesce or eat out every day, and who can bloody afford to do that... excuses... failure nevertheless...
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
          I confess that my attempt not to eat bread and pasta ended in more than just miserable failure, after moving into a house where the weekly dinner plan consists of mostly bread and pasta... and I don't get specific space in the fridge or freezer. It became acquiesce or eat out every day, and who can bloody afford to do that... excuses... failure nevertheless...
          Eating with other people makes it really hard to stick to your own choices. I try to stick mostly to healthy eating but whenever I'm around other people I find them shoving fatty and sweet things in my face left and right. Then they act like I'm the asshole when I decline.
          Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
          -Erik Erikson

Comment

Which reminds me...

I confess that I am more than a little concerned about the phrase "no, thank you" not being gracious, anymore. Has polite society gone extinct?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I confess that if I find any solid evidence supporting a particular suspicion then I will be perturbed.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I confess that I'm afraid my boyfriend's sister won't survive her cancer.

Mostly art.

Comment

I confess I'm about to explore the kitchen and see if I can find something to satisfy my hunger.

Comment

I simply confess that I am not looking forward to this oncologist appointment, tomorrow.

*sigh

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I confess that on occasion (more frequent lately) I'm guilty of accepting that there's no way out of this decaying pit I've found myself it.

Comment

Philip has been in Charleston for five days and won't be home until Thursday. I miss him.
                        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                        -Erik Erikson

Comment

I confess that when talking about "the devil" it still scares me a little. This weird feeling inside, kinda like guilt, pokes at me, and I don't like it. I think it's silly, since I don't believe in the devil, but it happens! I believe it's from years of brainwashing, growing up in a strict christian family. It'll go away eventually!

Comment

I confess that I just did a google image search on matt damon with glasses, because my boyfriend looks like matt damon and needs glasses and wants my advice lol. Since he hates the fact that people think he looks like matt damon, I won't tell him I did this, ever.

Comment

I confess I find it hysterical that my house rabbit is having a nap on my room-mates clean clothes :P hahaha.
                              "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I confess I realllly enjoy Nsync. Hahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X