X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

I confess that I cried today.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

First, my confession. I feel naked. I cut off over two-thirds of my beard.

Second... Hawk? It's okay, sweetheart, I made enough for everybody. Only, next time, I'll surely be using wild rice instead of this long grain stuff. Turns out that the mushrooms were a big hit, of it all, too. What? My cooking didn't make you sad? Hmm. That's odd. It made ME sad.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

My sadistic streak wants to come out and play.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I confess that I have far exceeded the healthy limits of jelly bean consumption.
          I also confess that I want more jelly beans.

Comment

I confess I read about Chain's cooking and then it left my conscious mind. But....something made me remember to buy mushrooms today.
            sigpic

Comment

I confess that I don't know what an EXPO is. I know from context that it is a large gathering of people at an indoor venue, but is it a conference, a festival, a promotional thing? A tournament? A fair (like they have at unis where they give away loads of promotional stuff) I honestly don't know. Maybe we use a different word in British English?
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                I confess that I don't know what an EXPO is. I know from context that it is a large gathering of people at an indoor venue, but is it a conference, a festival, a promotional thing? A tournament? A fair (like they have at unis where they give away loads of promotional stuff) I honestly don't know. Maybe we use a different word in British English?
                You may well use a different word! It's short for exposition - I used to go to this pet expo in NJ - http://www.superpetexpo.com/ held at a large meeting hall, with vendors, exhibits, speeches, etc. There are sports ones, car ones, boat ones, you name it!
                sigpic

Comment

I confess that somewhere along the line my selfless, humble, happy self became resentful and weary.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                    Expo just means 'large indoor show'
                    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
                    Clan of my Clan
                    Kin of my Kin
                    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

I confess that after six months looking for a new job, I don't want to get my hopes up too soon...too many false "sure things".

I'm tired of feeling like its just one crisis after another.
                      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I confess that I really don't think me and my husband are on the same intellectual level and I struggle to have conversations with him.

Comment

I confess that, day by day, I become less and less interested in things that aren't near enough to see and touch.

Everything at home looks like heaven, while everything coming in from outside looks more and more like hell.

Maybe it's the depression coming on again, but home is where my heart is, and everything else can go hang.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                            I confess that, day by day, I become less and less interested in things that aren't near enough to see and touch.

Everything at home looks like heaven, while everything coming in from outside looks more and more like hell.

Maybe it's the depression coming on again, but home is where my heart is, and everything else can go hang.
                            I'm not sure if bad vision or depressed

* a little depressed person's humor.

I feel the same way. It's as if I've just given up on the outside world. Even when I'm out in it, I constantly have my mp3 plugged in. I don't leave my isolation. I find there is just nothing out there for me. But I continue on because,one day...one day. There may be a surprise out there for me. And I don't want to pass it up. Even if I know it's a lie.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I confess that I am apparently in the midst of a depression cycle where I feel afraid to leave the house and be out in the world among people and I hate where I am and have so trapped myself in my own personal little hell that is driing me out of my mind and pushing me to the point that I cry every morning and night and I hate it and I hate myself for it, and I have to let it pass, while in the meantime I am making my husband crazy because he doesn't know or understand what is wrong...
                              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

In spite of his support of human rights violations, I still think Vladimir Putin is damned sexy.
                                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Working...
                                X