This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

I confess that I think I am losing my mind at work.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
      I confess that I think I am losing my mind at work.
      Absolutely forbidden!

PF has a prior claim. I'll have to come hunting if people start poaching my supply of minds.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I confess I feel pain over the stupidest of reasons.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

(Not sure if this is a good confession or even qualifies.)

I confess that when and if I have kids or am involved with raising kids. I will not, even if I can, force paganism on them at all. I will say to them the same thing my mother did, "I never taught you a religion because I wanted you to find what is right for you." this worked out great for me. I don't care if they become Catholic as long as they respect me and my choice.
          White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
          sigpic
          In Days of yore,
          From Britain's shore
          Wolfe the dauntless hero came
          And planted firm Britannia's flag
          On Canada's fair domain.
          Here may it wave,
          Our boast, our pride
          And joined in love together,
          The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
          The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I confess that I don't exactly like my sister, I love her, because she's family. But I don't particulary like her.
            "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
              I confess that when and if I have kids or am involved with raising kids. I will not, even if I can, force paganism on them at all. I will say to them the same thing my mother did, "I never taught you a religion because I wanted you to find what is right for you." this worked out great for me. I don't care if they become Catholic as long as they respect me and my choice.
              I'd like to point out that you can teach your children about religion in in general, about world religions individually, and about your own religion in particular without forcing religion on them. All knowledge is worth having--it doesn't mean they have to use it. And, at least then, whatever their choice might be, you will know it was done from a place of power (because knowledge is power) and not one of ignorance where someone might have taken advantage of them--some religions are outright predatory.

I confess that I'm going to miss Monday's off with the end of the furlough
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

I confess one of my biggest pet peeves is when Pagans use "Merry meet" everywhere. It is nothing personal against the person. But in my head I wonder why they could not just say, "Nice to meet you!" or "Glad to be here!" or even better "Hey whats up?" this merry meet thing to me seems something a lot of new pagans say so they feel more pagan or something.

Again, nothing against the people saying it. I just don't get it.
                White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                sigpic
                In Days of yore,
                From Britain's shore
                Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                And planted firm Britannia's flag
                On Canada's fair domain.
                Here may it wave,
                Our boast, our pride
                And joined in love together,
                The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I confess one of my biggest pet peeves is when Pagans use "Merry meet" everywhere. It is nothing personal against the person. But in my head I wonder why they could not just say, "Nice to meet you!" or "Glad to be here!" or even better "Hey whats up?" this merry meet thing to me seems something a lot of new pagans say so they feel more pagan or something.

When I used to meet with others to worship, we would say this on esbats when we first met, because it was a holy day, and we were meeting, hopefully merrily, for a purpose. So to us, it was kinda like saying, 'Merry Christmas' or 'Happy New Year' to let people know it is a special day with it's own special greeting. When we met on other days, we said 'hi' or whatever.

I used to write this a lot though )O( I bet you HATE that? Haha. I sign off all my messages to my 13 year old niece with this too, because kaomoji, emoj... emotocons.. whatever they are, are cool when you're young.

I confess that due to playing too much Animal Crossing, I now spin around 180 degrees whenever I open and close a door, run with my arms out behind me and have taken to picking things up and stuffing them in my pockets all the time.

It could be worse, I could be playing as much Minecraft as JP.. his fists are red raw from punching trees.
                  Last edited by Jembru; 15 Aug 2013, 15:45.
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I confess, I'm glad I no longer hear Merry Meet, Blessed Be & So Mote It Be in public anymore. Even at Ren Faires.
                    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I just say 'hi'
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Hehe, you are lucky you aren't hanging out with me. I'd be all like, Assalamu 'Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh!

Be thankful "Merry Meet" is just two words!
                        [4:82]

Comment

i confess i luuuurve strawberries

Comment

<--Teaches D the American greeting "SUP?"
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                              Hehe, you are lucky you aren't hanging out with me. I'd be all like, Assalamu 'Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh!
                              Gesundheit!
                              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I confess that I am a bloody coward. I ran away! So, I finally have a partner to voice-chat with in Japanese via skype. We had a session last week and it went really well. I was able to catch and correctly follow most of what he said, and he seemed to be able to tell what I was driving at in my broken 'stop-speaking-before-the-sentence-ended' Japanese. So, we checked our schedules and decided to meet again in skype today. Only.. he didn't show up at the planned time. I was sitting, just getting more and more anxious by the minute. I found myself starting to hope he had forgotten and I could just go back to speaking to myself, which is way less scary. Then, after a painfully slow 23 minutes of mounting anxiety, I lost my connection (it happens). Then when I turned restarted, I hovered over the skype icon and...

I couldn't do it. I think I'm too anxious now. I've convinced myself I'm in over my head and once I do that, I can't think straight. I'll just get tongue-tied and frustrate him now. I hate myself right now. I'm the one that moaned when others kept standing me up and now I'm the one doing it...

I need ice cream.. and lots of it.. stat... ( ;_; )
                                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                                X