This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

I confess that only stung for a brief second.
    Guess I'm over it.
    yay.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I confess that I am in love with my bf and we have been together for only a short time. Wonder when I should say the L world though

Comment

I confess that I really like sex. A lot. And sometimes I've had multiple, no strings attached partners at a time. I don't see anything wrong with it. I've had my fun with consenting adults who were also looking for a bit of fun.
        I also confess that the guy I'm dating/kind of interested in trying something serious with engages in a certain level of slut shaminess that makes me really nervous about how he'd react if we did get more serious and I told him about my sexual past.
        Kind of sucks. He's cute, nice, funny, endearingly nerdy, even pretty handsome. I just worry that he'll judge me :/

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
          I confess that I really like sex. A lot. And sometimes I've had multiple, no strings attached partners at a time. I don't see anything wrong with it. I've had my fun with consenting adults who were also looking for a bit of fun.
          I also confess that the guy I'm dating/kind of interested in trying something serious with engages in a certain level of slut shaminess that makes me really nervous about how he'd react if we did get more serious and I told him about my sexual past.
          Kind of sucks. He's cute, nice, funny, endearingly nerdy, even pretty handsome. I just worry that he'll judge me :/
          I confess that I obviously need to hang out with you in California jking.

(ps do not worry. If the partner loves you all will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sondst View Post
            I confess that I obviously need to hang out with you in California jking.

(ps do not worry. If the partner loves you all will be fine.
            Haha XD

Thanks, Sondost. That eases my mind a bit.

Comment

Haha XD

Thanks, Sondost. That eases my mind a bit.
              As someone quite like you, to be quite honest, your past isn't any of your current boyfriend's business. And neither is your future beyond him. All that matters is the present. Not everyone understands the road we choose to walk down, and unfortunately, that's a part of life. But it doesn't mean you can't be happy with someone.

Mostly art.

Comment

If he can't accept who you are as is, he ain't worth it. I hope he can though.
                hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Thanks for your supportive input, you guys.

If he's so possessive that he can't handle the fact that I've been with other guys (and a couple girls) in the past, or even if he feels entitled to know about my personal life before he came into it even if I'm uncomfortable discussing it, he's not right for me anyway.

Comment

Thanks for your supportive input, you guys.

If he's so possessive that he can't handle the fact that I've been with other guys (and a couple girls) in the past, or even if he feels entitled to know about my personal life before he came into it even if I'm uncomfortable discussing it, he's not right for me anyway.
                    Not specifically directed at you but it intrigues me how things have gone from it was a current or future lovers right to know your past given what all you could carry or infect them with to they have no right. Never figured they had a right to know the specifics but they did have a right in deciding if they actually wanted to do anything with you. To many sexually transmitted things out there not to for either party. Can't properly decide if you know nothing about a persons past and how protected or risky those practices were.
                    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                      Not specifically directed at you but it intrigues me how things have gone from it was a current or future lovers right to know your past given what all you could carry or infect them with to they have no right. Never figured they had a right to know the specifics but they did have a right in deciding if they actually wanted to do anything with you. To many sexually transmitted things out there not to for either party. Can't properly decide if you know nothing about a persons past and how protected or risky those practices were.
                      That is a good point, actually. It would be a good idea to get tested and be open with him about anything if it comes up. I've only been tested for certain STDs (came out clean every time). I don't see why he'd need to know any details, though. All that should really concern him is that I have had sex with other people and I haven't been tested for everything out there. I'd totally understand if he didn't want to do anything until I get that taken care of.

Honestly, the idea of telling him about my past partners wouldn't bother me all that much. I just care about whether or not he's going to pass judgement on my character based on what I would tell him.

Comment

Honestly, the idea of telling him about my past partners wouldn't bother me all that much. I just care about whether or not he's going to pass judgement on my character based on what I would tell him.
                        and he loves/likes you now. Or else he wouldn't be around. of he did pass he ain't worth it, because thoseexperience same you well you, he liked it 5 mins before shouldn't change now.

im so sorry for my grammar lol. Its dark and cold and well hard to type lol.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                          As someone quite like you, to be quite honest, your past isn't any of your current boyfriend's business. And neither is your future beyond him. All that matters is the present. Not everyone understands the road we choose to walk down, and unfortunately, that's a part of life. But it doesn't mean you can't be happy with someone.
                          Well said.

I confess I spend too much time online and let the kids watch too much TV, but since we're stuck in the house a lot, it feels like the only bearable way to pass the time sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                            Well said.

I confess I spend too much time online and let the kids watch too much TV, but since we're stuck in the house a lot, it feels like the only bearable way to pass the time sometimes.
                            I think this is a problem a lot of us parents have to confess to. I'm so tired from work and everything else, that sometimes the best I can manage is to snuggle with my kid while she watches The Nightmare Before Christmas on my iPad. And then we have pizza for dinner.

Eh. I love her and she's happy and I bet it's the same at your house.

I confess that I try like hell to not let that bother me, but it still does, especially when my sis-in-law is posting photos of all the little projects and trips her kids are doing and I'm in a ball of blankets with mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                              I confess that I try like hell to not let that bother me, but it still does, especially when my sis-in-law is posting photos of all the little projects and trips her kids are doing and I'm in a ball of blankets with mine.
                              That's the worst part of it. I feel like I should be doing all that stuff. I've tried in the past, but my kids have their own plans. My boy has way too much fun playing along with the storyline of the movies and TV shows he watches and never sits down to space out in front of it. In fact, most of the time, he doesn't look like he's paying any attention to it at all, until you try to turn it off and he gets upset. My daughter absolutely adores any art project I give her (the Play-Doh never lasts too long with her, though, although the boy-child could play with that stuff for two hours without getting up from the table).

I just try to come to terms with their preferences and get them excited about trying new things when I can. Most of the time, they know what they like, and they'll let me know if they need me. I have mixed feelings about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                                That's the worst part of it. I feel like I should be doing all that stuff. I've tried in the past, but my kids have their own plans. My boy has way too much fun playing along with the storyline of the movies and TV shows he watches and never sits down to space out in front of it. In fact, most of the time, he doesn't look like he's paying any attention to it at all, until you try to turn it off and he gets upset. My daughter absolutely adores any art project I give her (the Play-Doh never lasts too long with her, though, although the boy-child could play with that stuff for two hours without getting up from the table).

I just try to come to terms with their preferences and get them excited about trying new things when I can. Most of the time, they know what they like, and they'll let me know if they need me. I have mixed feelings about that.
                                I know exactly how you feel. And when I watch the sis-in-law with the kids, it does to me, always look like its more for her than them as often during these things her kids are crying and flaking out...except in the perfectly posed scrap booked photos. It seems like a lot of work to me, when I'd prefer my kid was happy when we are spending time together. That doesn't mean giving in, and when the weather is nice, outside as much as we can...and lots of dancing and playing too. But its still hard...

Comment

Working...
                                X