X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

Originally posted by KahlanAmnell View Post
    I'd rather give it a thumbs up or some such.
    There's a little star indicator along the bottom of the post next to "Blog this Post"* that you can use to up Rowanwood's reputation. That's the closest we come to a 'like' feature.

*It might be "Promote to Article" in your case. I don't know if the Blog button is visible to normal members.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Quoting MaskedOne from the Unpopular Opinions thread... but my post fits better here.

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      I'm near the point of beleiving that an end to the public celebration of Thanksgiving is an acceptable price if it means that the lack of people on long weekends will send Black Friday straight into the deepest pits of hell where it belongs.
      I've never worked retail, so I don't feel your pain.
      But, I have never had an interest in dealing with Black Friday, even from the consumer perspective. Too many people. Too much congestion. I'd rather stay home and digest all the food from Thanksgiving... and consume leftovers.

But, WalMart had 30% off on LEGO... 30% OFF!

I confess that I had to partake.

Granted, I didn't arrive until about 5:00pm... but that was too good to pass up. There is a set that has a lot of rare parts I wanted, but was priced higher than I wanted to spend... but at 30% off, the price was MUCH more to my liking. I bought all that they had left (which at 5pm on Black Friday, wasn't a lot... but I was happy)
      "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I confess that I have not gone to any place of business on Black Friday in at least 20 years ... before that I don't really remember well enough to swear to it, but it is unlikely since I hate crowds and barely tolerate shopping.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

[QUOTE=ThorsSon;122339
          But, WalMart had 30% off on LEGO... 30% OFF![/QUOTE]

My daughter has an unhealthy obsession with Legos. Maybe I judged Black Friday too harshly. Could have gotten use outta that deal.

I confess I should be cooking healthier meals for my family but I just don't have the experience to manage it. It's a work in progress at least.

Comment

I confess that I wish I were just enough like a shark so I could perpetually grow new teeth.

Comment

I confess that I am addicted to the interwebz >_>

Comment

Originally posted by Lilium of the Valley View Post
                I confess that I am addicted to the interwebz >_>
                Aren't we all *pat pat*
                hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

*pats* thank goodness I'm not alone lol

Comment

Trying very hard to remember what it was like before the interweb.....
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Anu I don't even know any more how I survived before I had it. Seriously lol

Comment

I confess there is a whole lot of stupidness going on in the forum right now.

Mostly art.

Comment

I suck at typing.
                          I am a woman in a mans body and I hate being in the wrong body. I want out of this body. It's like a prison cell.

I used to be known as AdamKane in these parts.

Hail Satan.

Comment

I confess that I've been a member of this forum for a good long while and I just figured out there are cthulhu smileys!

:cthulhu::cthulhu::cthulhu::cthulhu::cthulhu::boun ce:

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                              I confess that I've been a member of this forum for a good long while and I just figured out there are cthulhu smileys!

:cthulhu::cthulhu::cthulhu::cthulhu::cthulhu::boun ce:
                              I confess the cthulu smiley made Bjorn and I send each other our best cthulu impressions the other day. It was hilarious.

I also confess it's taking some getting used to living with a female roommate. Movies at 8am? Wait...I have roommates that are awake now at 8am?

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                                I confess the cthulu smiley made Bjorn and I send each other our best cthulu impressions the other day. It was hilarious.

I also confess it's taking some getting used to living with a female roommate. Movies at 8am? Wait...I have roommates that are awake now at 8am?
                                I'll trade you one lazy, filthy boy for a girl who is up at 8!
                                No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Working...
                                X