This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

Thank Gawd ditto! I was like GET THEE TO THE DOCTOR ASAP! This was my rate when I was having an actual heart attack.

Carry on.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

LOL! Sorry for the false alarm!

Comment

Mine's like 170/85 on a good day, and that's with meds! It runs in the family.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I rock about 150/90 about every time I go to the doctor, but she insists the nurse must be reading it wrong..... every time I go.... everywhere, always.....
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
            LOL! Sorry for the false alarm!
            Lol...yeah, if your BP is only 120/85 and you are 37 weeks along, that's not too bad. Crap, my OB wouldn't even consider meds until someone was over 140 on top or 90 on the bottom.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
              Lol...yeah, if your BP is only 120/85 and you are 37 weeks along, that's not too bad. Crap, my OB wouldn't even consider meds until someone was over 140 on top or 90 on the bottom.
              Sometimes I think OB docs just lose their damn minds. I get they want to be careful, but I guess I'm not of the opinion that throwing drugs at something is the way to go.

I ended up on diabetes meds...for a fasting blood sugar of 95-97. It's on the high side of normal, but its still considered normal if you aren't pregnant. My challenge test result was like 143. 199 is considered diabetes. And those meds? They made my sugar plummet to like 60 and then I'd get weird and have to eat ALL THE DAMN TIME. It was pretty counterproductive.

And in the end, the kid was on the small side of normal. SMH.

Comment

I confess that I try to make as much noise in public toilets as possible. PEE as loudly as I can, force our a few FARTS! that kinda thing. It pisses me off people just dribbling, and stopping cos someone might be able to hear them on the toilet. Or WORSE, running a tap! OMFGS
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

It's been a month and I still hate sleeping with someone.

Mostly art.

Comment

I flipped someone off today

Comment

Originally posted by Spider View Post
                      I flipped someone off today
                      But did they deserve it?!

Hugh Jackman has a mullet for his new movie. Who knew I found mullets to be so effing sexy?
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                        I confess that I try to make as much noise in public toilets as possible. PEE as loudly as I can, force our a few FARTS! that kinda thing. It pisses me off people just dribbling, and stopping cos someone might be able to hear them on the toilet. Or WORSE, running a tap! OMFGS
                        hahahaha OMG Heka you're something!

- - - Updated - - -

also while I'm on the confess thread. I might as well:

I confess that I didn't do the dishes last night...and I'm still not doing them right now. Because lately I haven't been feeling up to sh**! And especially not physical labor. I just want to hibernate. This damn cold and winter weather crap seriously gets the best of me.
                        1 order of winter blues coming up!

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          But did they deserve it?!
                          Hugh Jackman has a mullet for his new movie. Who knew I found mullets to be so effing sexy?
                          I suppose.
                          It was a rude and very childish thing to do, put gum in my hair. I was going to let karma take care of it but when he came up to me and acted like best friends I kind of lost it on him haha~
                          I just regret getting so upset over such an idiot.

And wow! I've never seen anyone pull off a mullet quite like him haha I didn't actually expect that to look nice when I googled it!

Comment

I asked a question in the "Have You Ever" thread, that is the result of something that has fascinated me for years.

When I was 13 years old, I got a knife stuck through my hand... for some reason, it didn't hurt or bleed very much... as a result, on the way to the ER, I was fascinated with holding open the wound, and watching the tendons work as I moved my fingers.

It was amazing, and I still envision, in my mind, those few minutes, with my mother yelling at me to stop, on the way to the hospital, viewing something that most people never get to see: how they themselves work... or, at least, part of themselves.
                            "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I haven't seen inside myself but I do see the insides of others at my job, almost daily. *stratigically choosing my words so as to not be vivid and gross out people* I forget others my have weaker stomachs compared to my own. My two most interesting moments where (1) I was able to observe an elderly woman's peristalsis in her GI tract from an opening in her abdomen and (2) I had a patient with a wound treatment that allowed me to observe their sinus cavities.

Comment

I dont leave my house enough :=L:

Comment

Working...
                                X