Unpopular Opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unpopular Opinions.

So,those things moving in My Underwear drawer aren't faeries??? Gets out the bug spray...!!
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I don't consider sports that use extreme physical violence as actual "sports", i.e. Football, Boxing, UFC, etc. The idea of purposely hurting someone as a method of defense/offense in order to win is just ridiculous to me and also dangerous. The amount of damage the body receives for no good reason is stupid. It seems to me that these people don't care for their well being, who really wants to potentially end up with a broken nose, arm, etc. just for the heck of it? I never understood it. It also doesn't make any sense that it is completely acceptable for one person to hurt another to the point of breaking bones in the name of the sport.
      :^^: My Spiritual Journey blog: An Eclectic Wonderland :^^:

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderland View Post
        I don't consider sports that use extreme physical violence as actual "sports", i.e. Football, Boxing, UFC, etc. The idea of purposely hurting someone as a method of defense/offense in order to win is just ridiculous to me and also dangerous. The amount of damage the body receives for no good reason is stupid. It seems to me that these people don't care for their well being, who really wants to potentially end up with a broken nose, arm, etc. just for the heck of it? I never understood it. It also doesn't make any sense that it is completely acceptable for one person to hurt another to the point of breaking bones in the name of the sport.
        I've always felt this way.
        I am a woman in a mans body and I hate being in the wrong body. I want out of this body. It's like a prison cell.

I used to be known as AdamKane in these parts.

Hail Satan.

Comment

I find musicians like Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley, and The Beatles to be excessively dull. I get that they all had major impacts on various music scenes, but I don't understand all the worship. That, and the mindless drone-love for people who can play borderline-impossible things on guitar. Sure, they have talent, but I can't get into stuff like that. I'm just not a fan of complexity for complexity's sake. Which is why I can't listen to technical death metal for very long.

Comment

I hate women who hate women. Thanks for perpetuating patriarchal stereotypes -- I'm sure you are all paragons of intelligence and logic, not like the rest of us.

I would stab them all in the fucking face.
            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
              I love bacon. But I don't love the internet's obsession with it.
              Not just the internet. Cars are obsessed with it too!
              original.jpg

PS: I don't like bacon... not how it smells, looks or tastes. I find nothing appealing about it. Same with Mushrooms and olives. But some internet meme's I find funny.

One of my unpopular opinion is that I love just about any form of Harlem Shake that I've seen.
              Another one of my unpopular opinion is that I find it weird that people seem to associate "unpopular" with negativity. I'm seeing a lot of "I hate _____" tossed around here. Lighten up, peeps!
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I don't quite know how unpopular it is, though anecdotally it seems very unpopular, but I actually like to think. I love chasing thoughts, like butterflies through a meadow, wherever they may lead me. For however long they exist. Each single thought can sometimes lead to dozens of subsequent thoughts, or possibilities of trains of thought, and can very often cause me to miss things that happen around me - like someone calling my name.

Mulling things over, exploring the dark recesses of my mind, or even just hopping onto a tangent, sparked by a seemingly unrelated comment, I just love to think.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by Riothamus12 View Post
                  Sorry for the double post, but there is one more thing....

I consider the lack of belief in the supernatural to be a symptom intellectual laziness, paranoia, childishness, conservatism, and egocentric thought patterns.
                  I'd love for you to back up those claims. They seem so far out there, it's almost said for the sake of seeming 'edgy'. I think the fact I demand my beliefs to have valid facts backing them up to be quite smart. I'm just very curious where you formed these kind of opinions. In essence I'm calling you out.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I am of the opinion that you should only claim the title 'Wiccan' if you are from a lineaged Gardnerian or Alexandrian coven. Otherwise, you should put the prefix 'neo-' in front of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      I'd love for you to back up those claims. They seem so far out there, it's almost said for the sake of seeming 'edgy'. I think the fact I demand my beliefs to have valid facts backing them up to be quite smart. I'm just very curious where you formed these kind of opinions. In essence I'm calling you out.
                      Answers to this challenge can be provided in either a new thread (preferably in debates) or by PM. Debating the value of Unpopular Opinions is beyond the scope of this thread and I'd prefer to keep the thread on-topic and intact.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I think reddit is terrible. Everything about it rubs me the wrong way.

I think there should be an application to breed, (for people.)
                        I've always thought the best way around this would be to offer a couple hundred dollars in cash payment every time a fertile woman has a contraceptive implant installed. You're not taking away anyone's 'right' to procreate, but the same teenage girls who accidentally get pregnant are the ones who'd be the most eager to get enough free cash for the new iphone, and the reduced stress on social services, criminal justice system etc. would mean the program would more than pay for itself. It's a win/win.

Comment

I like egocentric thought patterns. Anything else seems to me to be a cover-up.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I think it would be much better if SEX was just for fun,and reproduction was separate from having sex. I know "cloning" is a bad word,but it sure would make things a lot easier in the long term.
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                              I think it would be much better if SEX was just for fun,and reproduction was separate from having sex. I know "cloning" is a bad word,but it sure would make things a lot easier in the long term.
                              I'd like us to reach a point in evolution to where we can consciously choose to reproduce or not, and the body obeys. Of course this is just for females, but it would be a great quality of life improvement.

Topic: I don't think there needs to be a new Pro Tools version every year.

Comment

I'm totally opposed to making babies outside of a person. I know a lot of people hate this opinion, but I think unless you've been injured, sometimes there's a biological reason your body isn't cooperating. There are many babies that need homes if you want one, but maybe you should consider that mother nature might have a reason stuff isn't working the way you'd planned.

I'm not opposed to interventions to some extent to make up for injuries and illnesses. Even surrogacy is okay, and I'm okay with allowing fertilization in a petri dish (though I get a bit funny about sorting sperm and manually injecting them into eggs. ) I'm also okay with meds and so forth to assist. But growing people in a jar is just something we should never do.

Comment

Working...
                                X