Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unpopular Opinions.

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
    But compared to yours, our ravens are huge and God-like :-D Seriously, the native ravens of the desert Southwest stand about 4 foot tall.
    Can I be one of those? They sound majestic.

I like cold and wet weather with lots of rain and/or snow. Judging from the reactions I got when I said that in group that is an unpopular opinion. One guy agreed with me though; I have his phone number now.
    Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
      Can I be one of those? They sound majestic.

I like cold and wet weather with lots of rain and/or snow. Judging from the reactions I got when I said that in group that is an unpopular opinion. One guy agreed with me though; I have his phone number now.
      We're getting 5 inches of snow today. Feel free to come over and bring your shovel.

Comment

I'm an artist. I've worked digitally (went to school for graphic design).

I. HATE. Macs.

I absolutely despise the things. I've never had a single mac that I was forced to work on that wasn't just an over-expensive paperweight piece of crap. Gods forbid you try to upgrade one. Nope. Can't do that. Gotta just buy a whole new computer. Yes. Yes you can get malware and trojans and crap on a Mac. Deal with it, just because no one bothers to make many for only 15% of the population, doesn't mean you can't get them.

To put in perspective how much I hate Macs, and they hate me. I have managed to blue screen of death a Mac somehow. No, not your idiotic spinning color wheel of death. Blue screen. Complete failure in the middle of trying to work on a school project. Just "screw you, have a nice day" complete failure and error message.
        Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
        Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
          I'm an artist. I've worked digitally (went to school for graphic design).

I. HATE. Macs.

I absolutely despise the things. I've never had a single mac that I was forced to work on that wasn't just an over-expensive paperweight piece of crap. Gods forbid you try to upgrade one. Nope. Can't do that. Gotta just buy a whole new computer. Yes. Yes you can get malware and trojans and crap on a Mac. Deal with it, just because no one bothers to make many for only 15% of the population, doesn't mean you can't get them.

To put in perspective how much I hate Macs, and they hate me. I have managed to blue screen of death a Mac somehow. No, not your idiotic spinning color wheel of death. Blue screen. Complete failure in the middle of trying to work on a school project. Just "screw you, have a nice day" complete failure and error message.
          Seconded. I don't like them either.
          Had one at one time because some idiot told me they were intuitive and easier to understand than a PC. Apparently my brain is wired differently than most human's.
          Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
            I also love rain. Not snow*. I grew up in areas where it snowed regularly in the winter and had to shovel that stuff. I don't mind the cold so long as it's not cold enough where I end up having to wear gloves and a coat INSIDE because of reasons.

*I don't mind snow if I don't have to drive or walk in it. If I can enjoy it from a window view, it's ok and actually really pretty.

You're not getting my number, though. :P (Most likely won't be a problem since I'm not a dude.)
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
              You're not getting my number, though. :P (Most likely won't be a problem since I'm not a dude.)
              aw shucks. Why would I turn down such a pretty lassie such as yourself?

( though yes, the lack of a certain chromosome in your genes would be inhibitory if we were to be wed in homosexual bliss
              Circe

Comment

I've never seen snow for realz.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

It is nice for about the first hour,then it kinda just ends up as dirty slush Duce.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                    But compared to yours, our ravens are huge and God-like :-D Seriously, the native ravens of the desert Southwest stand about 4 foot tall.
                    Alas, you are correct lol. At least on the huge part...

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    I've never seen snow for realz.
                    Me neither.

Comment

I love snow. Driving in it. Being out in it. Watching it fall. All of it. I love it. [ My body just can't handle the cold anymore. I mean, it's not the cold, per se, but the pain in certain joints. That just happen to also be impossible to keep warm. The colder they get; the more painful they are. ]

I also like eggnog, gaffelbiter and even lutefisk. Just do not ask me to remain in the same county while lutefisk is being prepared, k.

I watch almost NO television. The couple of shows that I *do* watch, how ever rarely, I've only ever seen on Netflix. I loathe televised sports, reality TV, game shows, sitcoms, anime, most crime shows, and virtually all other programming that isn't educational. Instead, I watch Nova, historical events, science and technology - almost exclusively, documentaries of one sort or another.

Oh, one more of these: I hate computers.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

If it's not broken...Don't fix it.
                        Would be another unpopular opinion of mine.

Comment

I really don't understand, like, or care about personality tests. I don't need some test to give me a 4-letter code to tell me who I am.
                          hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

I don't think America is a 'rape culture'.
                            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I have absolutely no interest in ever going on another date or anything related to it, again.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                                Can I also HATE how offended people get when some DOESNT say "merry christmas?" I have a jewish friend that gets yelled at by customers in the store when she says Happy holidays.... "NO, the correct thing to say is Merry Christmas! Not that Holiday PC Garbage..." Frankly the whole thing is ridiculous, I won't say any of it, i refuse to recognize the holidays at work...
                                Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                                Yeah, I hate those people too. If you say to me Happy Holidays, I say it back, though I won't really care. If you say Merry Christmas, I say it back, though I won't really care. Hell, you can say to me Happy Thursday and I'll just nod and repeat it back. Its not like I care. I'm at work. I'm just like next. Next. Next.
                                Nothing gets my blood boiling quicker than the phrase "War on Christmas". Hearing someone complain when I say "Happy Holidays!" is the single most annoying thing I can think of, because it's just self-centered, self-righteous bullcrap. The whole point of "Happy Holidays" is that it INCLUDES Christmas, dammit! It's my way of politely showing my acceptance of your religion of choice, including Christianity, and if you don't like that and want it tailored to you specifically, well, forget it. I take it back. I HOPE YOU HAVE A SHITTY CHRISTMAS.

That being said, I don't care if someone tells me Merry Christmas because I know that 95% of the time, they're just being polite and they assume, since it's the cultural norm here, that Christmas is what I celebrate. They're not intentionally saying, "Hey, I don't know you and I don't know what god you worship, but hey, screw all that and celebrate Christmas because it's awesome." When someone wishes me a happy anything, I just say, "You, too!" There. Done. (Sometimes I do it when they wish me a happy birthday, and that's really embarrassing. I slip up, like, every year.)

Comment

Working...
                                X