Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unpopular Opinions.

Originally posted by Hoho View Post
    Welcome to the hypocrisy that is America, where its ok to be racist against whites.
    Oh I know. Not trying to get off topic here, as I believe this to be a unpopular opinion; but it is quite rude.
    The fact people love lumping white people together into a racist, rich, and privileged group irks me beyond anything else. Just because I have less melanin present in my genetic makeup does not mean I have any prejudices against certain races or have a better shot at life, and am given more power than others.

Comment

I have no desire whatsoever to attend a music festival.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Spider View Post
      Just because I have less melanin present in my genetic makeup does not mean I have...have a better shot at life, and am given more power than others.
      Do you live in America? Because people of color do experience greater struggles than caucasians. Just because you don't personally work to make it that way doesn't mean you get to ignore the reality of the times. Unemployment is greater among people of color so yeah, unless you think they're all sitting on their asses being lazy (AKA, racist), then you DO get a better shot at life -- at least in America.

Make a new thread for all I care but I had to say it.
      No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

My bigger point was NOT racism-just stating this before it get devolved too far. But the fact of blaming ME for something that happened several hundred years ago. People want to blame me and persecute me for something I actually did, then that's fine. I'll take the blame then and deal with the consequences I've earned through MY actions. However, I don't appreciate being judged by the actions of others who are long dead.

Just like I don't hate/judge/blame others by whatever race/color of skin/culture they come from or have. Everyone starts off with a blank slate, and if I hate someone, its because that specific one person has proven themselves to be a piece of rotting shit not worth my time, energy, or effort and I stop caring about what happens to them and just drop them from my life because its not worth the effort. But that is still on a case by case basis. Not lumping everyone in as a whole, or not liking and blaming them for something that someone else did that was potentially even remotely related to them, or something an ancestor did.

There's a VERY big difference between those two. I'm not saying people can't or shouldn't be racist against whites. There are some of us who are complete assholes and worthless scum. But guess what-EVERY RACE has those people. White, black, asian, hispanic, middle eastern, whatever-all groups have scum that are worth about as much as the dirt under someone's shoe. But its those individuals who need to shoulder their own issues they've earned. Not the people as a whole of the same color.
        Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
        Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
        sigpic

Comment

I'm still waiting for a first-person shooter where you play as axis soldiers during world war two.
          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
            I'm still waiting for a first-person shooter where you play as axis soldiers during world war two.
            Red Orchestra is a good one, I played the oldie one a while ago. There is a new one.
            White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
            sigpic
            In Days of yore,
            From Britain's shore
            Wolfe the dauntless hero came
            And planted firm Britannia's flag
            On Canada's fair domain.
            Here may it wave,
            Our boast, our pride
            And joined in love together,
            The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
              Red Orchestra is a good one
              I checked it out and darn it... Now I know what I want for christmas, and it's too late.
              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I confess I love when debates here start on the short trip to HuffyTown. Like I can watch it all happen in slo mo. It's pretty awesome.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I don't know how unpopular it is. I've never asked.

I'm of the opinion that capital punishment needs to be greatly expanded. I call it "post-partum abortion". It's not a question of rights, liberty or privilege. It's a simple mathematical, social, cultural and humanitarian equation. It involves very precise definitions, a total lack of ambiguity, perspective and subjectivity.

Just for convenience, however, everyone will have to trust me, on the decency, fairness/appropriateness, and the process itself, go ahead and approve my plan, legislate it, and trust that it is not a tyrannical movement, dictatorship ploy, or personal vendetta, even. Just consider it "pest control".

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                    LOL you'll probably be waiting forever.

We're at the point now where you might get WWI, because everyone is starting to accept that everyone was the bad guy in WWI.

Comment

I want to join the Thalmor in Skyrim because those high elves are snooty and I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                        I want to join the Thalmor in Skyrim because those high elves are snooty and I like it.
                        My husband would agree with you.

I, on the other hand, am a Nord at heart and have made it my mission for the last ten years to systematically destroy snooty High Elves. Alas, it seems that I didn't do a good enough job at killing Mannimarco and he will soon make his diabolical return.

Needless to say I shall not be siding with the Aldermi Dominion in TES Online.

Comment

Now its my turn:

I Like Nickelback music,

I've been leaning towards the idea of an absolute monarchy (or at lease one were the King and Queen can do something for country.)

I think that it is easy for the wrong guy to get into a position of power within government.

I wish everyone would shut up about their childhood being ruined by George Lucas, the Star Wars Prequels, and the fridge scene from Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. (I've only seen parts of the last one.)

I believe that the environmental movement is not all its cracked up to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinasana View Post
                            Now its my turn:

I Like Nickelback music
                            If you think that's an unpopular opinion...

I like Theory of a Deadman.

Go Team Questionable Taste in Music!
                            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                              Go Team Questionable Taste in Music!
                              *Rises fist into the air* Right on, brother!

Comment

Originally posted by Shinasana View Post
                                *Rises fist into the air* Right on, brother!
                                Uh... I think you meant "sister", didn't you?

I like Nickelback music but really have no opinion on the group. Whereas, there's other groups that I like the people but the music is rather blah.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Working...
                                X