Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unpopular Opinions.

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    Eh, I think people should have picked a better example to protest the very real problems of racism and policing too.

Like Tamir Rice. Police (specifically a police officer that quit his previous police job rather than get fired) shot a 12 year old at a park with a toy gun (911 was told it was a kid with a toy gun and failed to relay that information to the officers) within 2 seconds of pulling up to the kid's location and then didn't bother to give him first aid. Also, the Cleveland police handcuffed and detained his 14 year old sister in the squad car next to her dying brother for trying to figure out what was wrong (oops, sorry--for "trying to preserve evidence"...probably their excuse for not giving first aid too).
    Yes, the problems are real. However, when the wrong person is turned into the rallying point, the issue becomes muddy, and the real cases will be dismissed by those who would prefer to hide their heads in the sand.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Unpopular opinion on topic of police shootings: police are the problem, not the people. When they are a self designed military power, there is no stop to abuse of the power they control. This is not 1950's America, where you have a town sherif that everyone likes and gets along with, who wears a big hat and drinks coffee at the local breakfast place, no. This is 2015, where an officer can carry a gun I cannot, where if I do not listen to a simple order, I can get shot. I am a United States citizen, and no one has treated me as horribly as the police in this country have.
      "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
      And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
      They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
      The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
      - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

One large problem is cops have in a strange way become "tax collectors" in the form of fines and such. The whole "Serve and protect" idea has been taken away in cities wanting cops to harass for money the citizens they are supposed to protect. I have heard the term "Shake down" applied to police..
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

a couple years ago, the Supreme Court ruled that officers of the law did not have to protect citizens, only enforce the laws of the land. There's something really screwed up with that. We lead the world in incarnations, police shootings, and shootings of police. When we live in a place where it's guilty until proven innocent, there is no "we the people"
          - Finn's Saga

Comment

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
            a couple years ago, the Supreme Court ruled that officers of the law did not have to protect citizens, only enforce the laws of the land.
            What case was this?
            Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Heine vs North Carolina practically states this. Should go look it up. They do not have to protect the citizens rights, but only enforce the laws put down by the land.
              - Finn's Saga

Comment

Heine vs North Carolina practically states this. Should go look it up. They do not have to protect the citizens rights, but only enforce the laws put down by the land.
                Heine vs NC is about whether or not a reasonable mistake by a police officer is a violation of the 4th amendment.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

The #1 Independent news service in the world, battling globalism and promoting a pro-human future worldwide. Infowars is Tomorrow's News Today.

This will say a bit different on the topic

- - - Updated - - -

And when it comes to physical protection, you should google Warren vs District of Columbia.
                  - Finn's Saga

Comment

There are no one-sided problems.

Turning the world into black & white is the reductionist strategy of a weak mind.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.infowars.com/u-s-supreme-...nt-of-the-law/
                    This will say a bit different on the topic
                    Actually, it says exactly the same thing as the Supreme Court syllabus relative to the case, except that the Rutherford Institute is taking the minority position.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Stop derailing topics. Make a new thread and discuss this stuff there!

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

On topic unpopular opinion:

While it is sometimes necessary, too much finger pointing is counter productive. It allows people to exacerbate a problem while simultaneously claiming innocence for the escalation of the problem.

I am a firm believer in Jung's idea of "the Shadow," which states (in part) that people see in others what they don't want to admit in themselves. As painful as it is to admit, it explains a lot.

Comment

Just because someone is blood doesn't mean you have to like them. Or love them.
                          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                            On topic unpopular opinion:

While it is sometimes necessary, too much finger pointing is counter productive. It allows people to exacerbate a problem while simultaneously claiming innocence for the escalation of the problem.

I am a firm believer in Jung's idea of "the Shadow," which states (in part) that people see in others what they don't want to admit in themselves. As painful as it is to admit, it explains a lot.
                            It's the same thing with politics. Parties spend too much time blaming each other, nothing can get done. Agreed
                            - Finn's Saga

Comment

Ok,I know that people died here.

Anguish After at Least 10 Killed in Stampede at Hindu Gathering

http://www.nbcnews.com/watch/nbc-new...g-418988611977

But this seems to happen a LOT with certain religious gatherings.

And mainly our religious types here in the USA only seem to die from an over indulgence in deep fried something or other...We need to catch up,and have us a good old stampede...but first we need to loose a little weight from all that deep fried everything so we can get up enough speed to stampede.. (USA number one...)
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Open conceal and carry is probably not going to change too much... but I don't like it.
                                No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Working...
                                X