Unpopular Opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unpopular Opinions.

I get the A/C concern..I only use it in the high summer that NJ has..and then mainly to get rid of the humidity and heat if it is over 90,BUT I want comfortable(not as in refrigerator cold) so that when it is 80 in the middle of the night I can sleep.
    I Never leave it on all the time,only when the humidity becomes oppressive,and once cool,just the fan moving air around.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      I get the A/C concern..I only use it in the high summer that NJ has..and then mainly to get rid of the humidity and heat if it is over 90,BUT I want comfortable(not as in refrigerator cold) so that when it is 80 in the middle of the night I can sleep.
      I Never leave it on all the time,only when the humidity becomes oppressive,and once cool,just the fan moving air around.
      We keep it cooler than I would like (in summer and winter), but that is because Hubby and Sharbait are overheaters. Without AC, Hubby would literally die---we go through heat exhaustion at least once a summer (and its not because of dehydration) He starts sweating around 65-70 degrees (and he stops sweating around 90, which is bad)...50 is shorts weather for him and I've seen him do 20s in a sweatshirt without a coat easily (I'm talking outside, in the wind, all day).

Temperature is relative...it has as much to do with genetics and metabolism, as well as factors like age and health, as it does culture and conditioning. I on the other hand think 40 is hat and coat weather. (Which is why I let the kids decide on their own what outerwear they need)
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I get that, and I also have nothing against people using it if they really need it to stay healthy

I definitely know how temperature can be relative. I get cold very easily. It can be above 20 and I'll still need long sleeves. I've even had hypothermia a couple of times and one of those times was on a rainy Vancouver day when it was around 10 degrees. I tend to keep my home colder in the winter, but that has more to do with the fact that heat is very, very expensive here.

PS all of my temps are in Celsius. I can't be bothered to go convert them!

Comment

I think proselytising is a normal practice of inclusive religions and it shouldn't be so hardly criticized by pagan communities. As long as it's done respectfully and under the law, there should be no problem with it.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
            I think proselytising is a normal practice of inclusive religions and it shouldn't be so hardly criticized by pagan communities. As long as it's done respectfully and under the law, there should be no problem with it.
            I've never encountered a respectful one. It's not someone telling me about their beliefs that's offensive, it's being told that it's the ONLY WAY for the whole world, and that anything else is wrong.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

My problem with proselytising,is when you say not interested,and they just keep pushing it.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
                I think it depends, basically. A lot of proselytizers are also pretty rude, or at least tend to choose their venues poorly. When I'm at the bank depositing a check, I want to deposit my check, not have some dude walk up to me and ask me if I've accepted Jesus.

At the same time, I can't help but agree with you somewhat in that pagans seem to have an aversion to them that's over the top. If you seriously feel upset or anxious because somebody wants to tell you about Jesus, that's a problem with you, not them. (I've noticed a lot of secular folks have this same reaction, and it's just as childish when they do it.)

Comment

There's a large difference between conversion of today and conversion back in the past. Personally, I am one of a large bias for the mass killings of pagans who wouldn't convert. In that mannerism, a lot of pagans generally do not like the idea because of histories stories on the topic. Even in today's world, I have been insulted by one trying to get me to "see the true light of our only lord and savior, Jesus Christ" where I am just a "mindless sinner aching for the fiery halls of hell" and that I should "change for the betterment of God, and all people on this earth" to gain "entry into a place of peace, a place of unity, a place called heaven." Yeah, no, I do not like methods used in proselytizing. It's really just an attitude of, "I'm right, you're wrong, this is what will happen unless you agree with me"
                  "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                  And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                  They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                  The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                  - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

*do the hustle
                    *bump*

I believe moms with tots should be given pot.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I don't actually mind Comic Sans.

Comment

Rats are sweet, intelligent, CLEAN pets.

I really can't believe terrible things people have said to me for having pet rats. They're my best friends!
                        Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

The issue with Rats comes from the human history with them(really rodents in general) with wild ones being carriers of things,and also getting into the food supply. Some of them living in sewers also gives them something of a bad image.

So mostly human reaction to bad press over a long history of interaction...(And for humans rats seem all the same)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Pet rats are fine. Feral rats? Hell no.
                            Same goes for feral cats.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalJackal View Post
                              Rats are sweet, intelligent, CLEAN pets.

I really can't believe terrible things people have said to me for having pet rats. They're my best friends!
                              Personally I think the whole mental picture of rats and humanity comes from the subliminal influence they have upon us from the Black Plague history. We may not even acknowledge it on an active level but it is still there on so many subliminal levels its unreal.
                              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Whenever there's a report of some horrific child abuse, someone rushes in to comment about how there are people who'd be wonderful parents who can't have kids, and here are these others harming theirs.

This is like "clean your plate because other kids are starving". Ugh.
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X