Unpopular Opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unpopular Opinions.

Here's an unpopular opinion: I don't like pork. Well, except for pepperoni, but I don't think that counts as pork. Turkey pepperoni isn't bad. Living in a beef state, I have no choice but to like beef. Well, except for roast. I don't like roast. Sirloin, though... yum! I think that it should be a crime to put katchup on a steak. A good steak only needs a little salt and pepper. It helps to put the salt and pepper on before you cook the steak. Grilling it is absolutely the best. I also think that hot dogs, and by that I mean beef franks, should not be boiled. It's either grilled or nothing. I can make an awesome burger. The secret is only flipping it once. Wait until the brown is halfway up the burger's sides before flipping it.
    "All right, new rule: no evil laughter before breakfast." -my mother

Comment

I think it's funny that people who eat meat (not you guys) make fun of vegans and vegetarians. Why are they complaining? As Juniper pointed out, it's more meat for them.

And monsno, I'll admit a lot of vegan food tastes blech. But I'm one of the crazy animal people, and so I'd rather eat that then meat.......

A lot of people ask me, HOW COULD YOU GIVE UP BACON!?
      Becuase.......
      Okay, so I had to beg my mom for 5 years to let me become a vegetarian. The only reason she finally gave in was that it came to the point where I would cry whenever I ate meat, and feel nauseous. That's how strongly I felt about it. That's "how".

And I'm NOT one of those people who will condemn anyone for eating meat or try to convince them not to. As long as people respect my diet I respect theirs.
      Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

Used to get Kimchi in Hawaii at a Korean Bar,where the Kinchi was free with beer order...they also had soy cakes with sauce...
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
          That's where we have differing opinions. I love me some beef, turkey, buffalo, lamb, chicken... Heck even rattle snake, pigeon, rabbit, veal and pheasant is good. But if you don't like meat, that's cool by me. More meat for me.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
          Now Mutton is one thing I could never develop a taste for. While I was stationed in Scotland they had it quite a bit on the menu on base or in town but was seldom a meal I partook of. Fowl is normally not to bad though never had a wide variety of birds to choose from.

I agree also not an issue for me either that CrystalJackal doesn't like meat.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

My personal fav food from the P.I. has to be Adobo chicken...better than barbecue for myself...oh and Lumpia...yum yum...Lumpia

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              Used to get Kimchi in Hawaii at a Korean Bar,where the Kinchi was free with beer order...they also had soy cakes with sauce...
              I'll be honest I hesitate at thinking about some of the stuff I ate at the various bar's I went to over the years. Consider nearly all of them always had a bowl of peanuts or such yet no one ever though about where the hands had been that were dipping into them. Then some of the bars in the PI I can assure you the things that crunched in your drinks in the dark was not always ice but you never looked. The bars in Spain were nice though as they had an assortment of Topas you could eat such as olives for instances.

Comment

Also,now I can get Bacon taste from seaweed....wow something bacon related that is GOOD for you...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

My personal fav food from the P.I. has to be Adobo chicken...better than barbecue for myself...oh and Lumpia...yum yum...Lumpia
                  Lumpia was a big one that you seemed to always find at military bases when they did food sales to raise money. Have to admit when I see Adobo Chicken I always think of the monkey meat surprise meat on a stick you saw everywhere. Claimed to be chicken many times but then other times, well lets just say it was safer not to ask and just eat it.

Comment

Got that one,I have eaten monkey and also Dog....in poor country's meat is meat,so no bad vibes from all the animal lovers...Hard when there is very little protein to be found,you get it where you can..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalJackal View Post
                      I think it's funny that people who eat meat (not you guys) make fun of vegans and vegetarians. Why are they complaining? As Juniper pointed out, it's more meat for them.

And monsno, I'll admit a lot of vegan food tastes blech. But I'm one of the crazy animal people, and so I'd rather eat that then meat.......

Becuase.......
                      Okay, so I had to beg my mom for 5 years to let me become a vegetarian. The only reason she finally gave in was that it came to the point where I would cry whenever I ate meat, and feel nauseous. That's how strongly I felt about it. That's "how".

And I'm NOT one of those people who will condemn anyone for eating meat or try to convince them not to. As long as people respect my diet I respect theirs.
                      Please be certain I'm not making fun nor light of your choices. It just has always struck me funny the difference between U.S. Vegetarians and what people over seas eat that is meat free. It's like how many eat grubs and such as part of their normal diet but do not consider that as meat. Just stuff one of those big fat white grubs into their mouths and crunch down on it or sort of mash it into a mush and dip it like some spread.

Comment

Also if you ask why I ate monkey and dog,it was because to not eat it would have been an insult to the host in another culture...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Got that one,I have eaten monkey and also Dog....in poor country's meat is meat,so no bad vibes from all the animal lovers...Hard when there is very little protein to be found,you get it where you can..
                          That's for certain. Only one place where I saw monkey on the menu and wouldn't even have tried it as it was served in the skull. A lovely table with a hole in the center and lots of ripping and tears on the underside of it.

Comment

The monkey brain thing...that would be to much for me...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by CrystalJackal View Post

Becuase.......

I have no negative thoughts about Vegen people,My ex and my Daughter are both Vegen..It is a matter of taste..I am not a heavy meat eater,I am most likely considered omnivore,eating vegies and meat togather..I have known a few strictly meat types..that only eat meat and NO veges..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                              If you've ever had wilted lettuce with the hot bacon dressing....its even better with kale or spinach!
                              I've done the kale/bacon thing - YUM!!

I was a vegetarian for a long time. I never liked the meat substitute products, and I've only had one recipe with tofu that I like. (It has shredded carrots & soy sauce, and the tofu looks & tastes like scrambled eggs.)

A friend of mine went to South Korea last fall to visit her son (Army) and she said everything and every place smelled of kimchi. Eeeeew.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                                I've done the kale/bacon thing - YUM!!

I was a vegetarian for a long time. I never liked the meat substitute products, and I've only had one recipe with tofu that I like. (It has shredded carrots & soy sauce, and the tofu looks & tastes like scrambled eggs.)

A friend of mine went to South Korea last fall to visit her son (Army) and she said everything and every place smelled of kimchi. Eeeeew.
                                Am I the only vegetarian on earth who likes meat substitutes BETTER than real meat? Because I used to just hate the taste of meat, along with being morally against it. But I love meat substitutes.......... I think I'm just crazy.
                                Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X