Unpopular Opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unpopular Opinions.

In most cases in the west, yes. But it still helps to develop species that can resist stuff like blight. I don't know how much experience you have with gardening and agriculture, but blight can wipe out your entire crop. I've had it happen with tomatoes during a particularly damp year. You can avoid it by spraying a ton of fungicide on your crops, but wouldn't it be great if we could find a way to naturally avoid blight? I'd rather use a GMO seed that spray chemicals all over my plants.

And I think the issue can be very important in developing countries, which are likely to see harsh effects of climate change in the coming years, including heavy rains, droughts, and things like that. I think it would be far more beneficial to bring resistant plants to these countries than to ship them our overproduction. Aid doesn't empower people; giving them the means to feed themselves does. It's well and good to say that we can do more urban gardening and such here (and I agree...we should. We should also have more co-ops, small farms, community gardens, etc). But in order to bring such projects to the developing world, we need to meet the challenges of growing food in those environments. Building a greenhouse out of an abandoned building can work well in a northern climate like Sweden or Germany, but it won't exactly meet the challenges of a drought in Ethiopia. Obviously, not all countries are created equal and some can grow traditional organic crops with absolutely no problem whatsoever, but other countries face a lot of challenges and the number of regions experiencing said challenges will rise in the next few years.

Comment

And now a question for our Zombie loving crowd...what simple change will start the Zombie apocalyptic ride down the bong in a bobsled.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        And now a question for our Zombie loving crowd...what simple change will start the Zombie apocalyptic ride down the bong in a bobsled.
        I dunno, but when the shit hits the fan, the fan will clear the air.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          I dunno, but when the shit hits the fan, the fan will clear the air.
          Hm now that raises an interesting question. If the zombie hits the fan and parts go everywhere will there be crap? Does a zombie actually have a bowel movement from eating all those living people's bodies? Can't think of a single zombie type film where that has been addressed.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I always wondered at why they needed food period,and would they "DIE" if they had no food??(I mean die again)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Bwaahahahaha.

I have engendered madness.

My work here is done.

Curious - can a zombie eat another zombie and derive nutrition therefrom?
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Guess again B. De.,I have been mad forever...it is in the cool aid....

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  Fast moving airborne pandemic, vastly more durable zombies or humanity forgetting how to kill things. All three for best odds. A zombie plague that only transfers via bite without much scarier zombies than fiction normally uses will end once nations stop playing around and go in to kill things.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Hay,is the mask a secret Zombie fighting super hero???

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

No. I'm a soul eating extra-dimensional horror that occasionally masquerades as an Inquisitor. Zombies are a concern for disorganized mortals unless you allow them to threaten pizza production.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Bwaahahahaha.

I have engendered madness.

My work here is done.

Curious - can a zombie eat another zombie and derive nutrition therefrom?
                        Of course that raises another question. Consider if one where eating chicken or turkey you have the light meat and dark meat, young and old, etc to choose from. So does the upscale zombie have a choice between light or dark meat? Between eating the young or old? Does male taste better than female? Does it have to hang for a bit to be seasoned? So many questions about diet choices for the finicky zombie.
                        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

GMO infested floride vaccines which are swiftly and easily spread throughout America via chemtrails, infecting staggering amounts of citizens, inducing total zombie apocalypse.
                          Otherwise, we could take the slower route, and continuously pump Fox News into the barren depths of America's most uneducated daily television feed. There's nothing like a good God fearing redneck zombie with a conservative agenda, who comes at you leaving trails of spitting tobacco while carrying some type of gun. Brains? Yeah, they may need some.

I can hear their discombobulated southern drawls now.

"Brraaaaiiinnnnsssss.... Must.... Build.... Wall... Obamaaaa's a mussliimmmm.... Truuuummmmpppp"
                          Last edited by Norse_Angel; 03 Feb 2016, 05:28.
                          "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                          And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                          They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                          The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                          - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                            Of course that raises another question. Consider if one where eating chicken or turkey you have the light meat and dark meat, young and old, etc to choose from. So does the upscale zombie have a choice between light or dark meat? Between eating the young or old? Does male taste better than female? Does it have to hang for a bit to be seasoned? So many questions about diet choices for the finicky zombie.
                            And what about Jewish zombies? Does a Rabbi need to bless the brains, or are JZs exempt from Kosher regulations?

And, if we ever genetically modify human beings, will there be zombies who refuse to eat them, or who demand that they be clearly labeled???

(Secretly wondering how long this will go on before before the thread gets split)

Comment

And what about Jewish zombies? Does a Rabbi need to bless the brains, or are JZs exempt from Kosher regulations?

And, if we ever genetically modify human beings, will there be zombies who refuse to eat them, or who demand that they be clearly labeled???

(Secretly wondering how long this will go on before before the thread gets split)

I think Zombies in less corrupt parts of the world will have governments with the better interests of their people in mind, so of course, the GenModHumans will be properly labeled as such.
                              "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                              And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                              They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                              The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                              - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

I dunno guys, I think the zombie apocalypse will stop in its tracks as soon as the first frost or heat wave hits.

Comment

Working...
                                X