Unpopular Opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unpopular Opinions.

I don't mind paying taxes. I think people should pay taxes.

I like being fat. I like my big round belly. I don't mind looking at other fat people. Fat people are beautiful. So are skinny people, even anorexics.
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Nazis had great fashion sense.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm very monogamous and not a fan of cohabitation.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Not sure this is an opinion because it's based on facts such as the fact that there are accounts of him enjoying ham and fish.. and his own doctor explains that he advised him to cut out meat because it gave him vile gas, so at times he'd ask for only vegetables but actually did enjoy meat.. but people get really, really pissed off when I tell them..

HITLER WAS NOT A BLOODY VEGETARIAN NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO COMPARE ME TO A NAZI BECAUSE OF MY DIET. Yes, it makes you feel better, but why do you need to feel better if you don't feel bad for eating meat. Or don't you? Really, you don't? Then ffs stop trying to justify your choice and leave me the f*ck alone.

NB: Jembru is on her monthly, can you tell?...
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

*wanders in with three-meat pizza*

Why would people try to justify meat?

Pepperoni Pizza on its own (never mind the more extravagant options) does that. Silly mortals...

*wanders off to update sanity register*
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I feel there are few differences in the behaviors of forty-somethings and teens.
              my etsy store
              My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
              surrounded by plush, downy things,
              ill prepared, but willing,
              to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                Not sure this is an opinion because it's based on facts such as the fact that there are accounts of him enjoying ham and fish.. and his own doctor explains that he advised him to cut out meat because it gave him vile gas, so at times he'd ask for only vegetables but actually did enjoy meat.. but people get really, really pissed off when I tell them.
                Buddha ate meat, too. Alms aren't always vegetarian.

(Which is quite an unpopular tidbit of trivia in its own way.)
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                  Not sure this is an opinion because it's based on facts such as the fact that there are accounts of him enjoying ham and fish.. and his own doctor explains that he advised him to cut out meat because it gave him vile gas, so at times he'd ask for only vegetables but actually did enjoy meat.. but people get really, really pissed off when I tell them..

HITLER WAS NOT A BLOODY VEGETARIAN NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO COMPARE ME TO A NAZI BECAUSE OF MY DIET. Yes, it makes you feel better, but why do you need to feel better if you don't feel bad for eating meat. Or don't you? Really, you don't? Then ffs stop trying to justify your choice and leave me the f*ck alone.

NB: Jembru is on her monthly, can you tell?...
                  This is the best post ever.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                    Buddha ate meat, too. Alms aren't always vegetarian.

(Which is quite an unpopular tidbit of trivia in its own way.)
                    Buddhists aren't supposed to kill, or encourage killing (in most circumstances). But they can eat meat (depending on the particular sect, and personal choices of the individual Buddhist). As Perzephone says, it's the alms thing - it is considered rude to reject a gift because it doesn't meet with your approval :=S:
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I dislike long thread titles. There. I said it.
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I didn't much care for the book "The Great Gatsby".
                        To me, it was monotonous and the dialogue was just pointless banter.

It may be hailed as a "classic", but I didn't like it at all.
                        "The fire could not be tamed with the wind,
                        nor the wind suppressed by the flames.
                        As blending the Light with the Dark
                        merely results in Grey." -Ville Friman

Comment

Originally posted by XIII View Post

You aren't the only one, and I have an English degree. Throw in Shakespeare to the list of overrated writers and it sounds like mine.
                          my etsy store
                          My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                          surrounded by plush, downy things,
                          ill prepared, but willing,
                          to descend."

Comment

I also share this opinion. I'm a big reader and we just finished this in school. I admitted to my teacher it's beautifully written but it's horribly boring and takes a relatively simple story and stretches it far longer than it should. When I finished it my thoughts were I hate this book and you coulda told this story in 5 chapters without wasting as much paper.
                            Circe

Comment

Add me to that list. Loved a lot of the things we had to read for classes, but this... nope, couldn't stand it.
                              Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Originally posted by Gardenia View Post
                                Add me to that list. Loved a lot of the things we had to read for classes, but this... nope, couldn't stand it.
                                Add "Pride and Prejudice" to the list. I'm sorry, Jane Austen, but your books were BORING.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X