Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unpopular Opinions.

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
    So... Cali, Columbia is Pacific Northwest? Even though its further east than Florida?
    What about Japan?

;-)
    Sure
    /10char
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Eisheth View Post
      Sure
      /10char
      Did I take you too literally?
      "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I think people should do a test to know if they have conditions to have kids, and I don't mean economic conditions. When we think of adopting an animal in a shelter they need to know what kind of people we are, both mentally and emotionally. I think this should also be applicable when someone wants to have a child, a biological one, as this is already done in adoption.
        "I was born from a Spark and Fire I became"

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigan View Post
          I think people should do a test to know if they have conditions to have kids, and I don't mean economic conditions. When we think of adopting an animal in a shelter they need to know what kind of people we are, both mentally and emotionally. I think this should also be applicable when someone wants to have a child, a biological one, as this is already done in adoption.
          I agree to a point, but man, that would open up a whole can of worms with people. "Sorry ma'am, your dyslexic. You cannot bear a son."

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
            I agree to a point, but man, that would open up a whole can of worms with people. "Sorry ma'am, your dyslexic. You cannot bear a son."
            Jsut bcuaese I'm lysdexic, I cna't hvae chrilden?!?!?

Comment

No, you can't have children because you are a ginger...
              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I, too, share the unpopular opinion that human eugenics isn't all bad.

Yes, I know that means I would have never been born. And that's ok with me.
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                  I, too, share the unpopular opinion that human eugenics isn't all bad.

Yes, I know that means I would have never been born. And that's ok with me.
                  Me eigther, and I imagine that would not be a horrible thing, I have all sorts of expensive issues... and genetic crap...

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

If is the case of doing a knockout of lethal or disease-carrying genes, I would support eugenics. As for the remaining things as choosing the child gender or eye color, I just go with natural selection. Thorson, I think you got my point There are so many nice couples that can't have children and would raise them happy and loved while there are couples with 5 or 6 children and just neglect them or even abuse them. Thats why I defend this idea.
                    "I was born from a Spark and Fire I became"

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                      I tried to +1 you for this, but I'm not allowed.

So...just letting you know, that's awesome.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                        Painful!... Yet, deserved

;-)

That made me laugh

Comment

Painful!... Yet, deserved

;-)

That made me laugh
                          As a ginger I feel it is perfectly ok for me to say this :P

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Every single time I think I have an unpopular opinion to share I realize just how common it is amongst the people I know and care about.

I think there was something dreadfully wrong with that sentence structure. But I don't give a shit.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

some of my "unpopular opinions" at the moment are fairly popular in Berlin, but not Germany

-I support a national minimum wage, or better yet, one set by individual states according to a certain guideline (since what will get you by in Saxony Anhalt will not get you by in Berlin, and will probably leave you starving and homeless in Bayern). I'm really sick of the German government dragging their feet on this one, and I'm sick of all the stupid arguments against it. I come from a country that has relatively high minimum wages, and business isn't struggling. Moreover, some of the worst offenders here of paying extremely low wages are large multinational corporations. It's not acceptable that there are people making 500-600 Euros per month, and then having to claim benefits so they can eat. Employers have a RESPONSIBILITY TO SOCIETY when they operate in a region, and part of that should be that their employees can eat and at least share a rent. It's been proven time and time again that they can't uphold that on their own, so the government has to make a law. Don't like it? Start paying higher wages, show me that you can be responsible and fair on your own, and prove me wrong.
                              -On the opposite end of that argument, part of my pissoff about it is not only that I believe in fair employment (which I do), but also the fact that I resent paying taxes for welfare going to people who are working because their employers can't be bothered to actually pay them properly. I do NOT mind my tax dollars going to people who can't find jobs, but I dont' think I should have to pay for people who DO have jobs. I don't blame those people though, I blame their stingy employers. Maybe if they weren't cheap bastards, we could have lower taxes (our taxes would make the Americans cry), or proper fully-funded public health care or something. Or maybe schools could stop looking like prisons. I don't know...a lot of things would be better.

Comment

Yeah, because you'll be doing the deed backwards. The "back-to-back, woman/man on top" position isn't especially productive.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's my unpopular opinion:

All the folks who think being rich is some kind of bad or evil thing are idiots.

I wish I was freakin' rich because money will solve 98% of my problems.
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X