X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    So I read this article on restless leg syndrome. something I get if I take my sleeping pills and stay up past a certain point. Because my mind likes to fight the effects of sleeping pills. Anywho, the article was about sleeping with a bar of soap in a sock and putting it under the covers by your legs. And it works. Anyone know anything about this? I'm so curious.
    Never heard of it wouldnt hurt to try

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    People seem so concerned about their phone knowing their address & such. When you get your bill, where's it sent? Uh-huh. The phone co., electric co., etc., have had your address since day 1. It's all propaganda/fearmongering. And, if your phone's lost or stolen, what's the difference (other than replacement cost) than if I'd lost my physical, paper address book, which has my own name/address in it. Everything used to have a "If found, please return to_______" tag on it. Now we're all scaredy cats.
    Yep. My mother is the most hilarious example of this so fearful about everything unless someone calls her saying she won a free trip all they need is a payment and her credit card number and shes all for it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
      People seem so concerned about their phone knowing their address & such. When you get your bill, where's it sent? Uh-huh. The phone co., electric co., etc., have had your address since day 1. It's all propaganda/fearmongering. And, if your phone's lost or stolen, what's the difference (other than replacement cost) than if I'd lost my physical, paper address book, which has my own name/address in it. Everything used to have a "If found, please return to_______" tag on it. Now we're all scaredy cats.
      You know what? I'm really bad for this.

I LOVE small town mentality. "This is so-and-so, they live at this address and I saw them walking their dog the other day, etc" ...and I'm totally okay with nosy neighbours. In fact, I kinda love nosy neighbours. When I lived in Smithers, an acquaintance of mine found out about my birthday by overhearing it at the local pool where a friend of mine works, and then gave me a call and surprised me and wished me a happy birthday on the day. I love that kinda stuff.

BUT. When the nameless, faceless corporation wants my info....I become super distrusting. I give google, the internet, Apple, etc the smallest amount of info I possibly can. I need a new smartphone soon. I'm not getting a new iPhone 5s because of the fingerprint recognition, because I think Apple will do nefarious things with the information. I refuse to be a number on a card, or a name in a record somewhere.

It might not totally make sense, but I'm terrified of Big Brother scenarios.

Mostly art.

Comment

I'm thinking about the horrible schedule I'll have this year...
        The good news are, that on Sundays I will have a lot of spare time, despite the fact that my school day ends at 5 pm. And Friday will be my free day, 'cause I have no classes on Friday.

Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday - from 7:45 am until 5 pm. Monday - from 7:45 pm until 3:15 pm. Friday - day off. Basically this.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

My daughters first word was "Mom!" She said it very clearly this morning outside of all her babble. So I'm counting it. I win.
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
            My daughters first word was "Mom!" She said it very clearly this morning outside of all her babble. So I'm counting it. I win.
            Awesome!!!
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

So the one semi-nearby pagan shop takes consignments for her shop! And even better, they're asking if I can make specific things to bring in because people have been asking for them!! Only downside is I'm gunna have to raise my prices because instead of the standard 15%, she takes 25% commission for her store :/

Oh well, better than nothing!!
              Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
              Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
              sigpic

Comment

That I am extremely thankful to the Goddess and God for protecting my husband this morning on his way to work. The guy in front of him slammed on his breaks as KP was changing lanes and he did not have time to break to avoid collision. Luckily he wasn't going to fast and when he laid down the motorcycle he didn't brake anything. Just a few bruises and scrapes. I am also thankful for all the people who stopped to help and the semi driver who reacted quickly enough not to run him over and closed down that lane so no one else could hurt him.

I still cry when I think of all the things that could have gone wrong this morning but blessed and relieved they didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

and i think i put this in the wrong place
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Sorting out the financial and paperwork mess that this month has left me in. But I finally put my real computer back together this afternoon... all by myself...

Going to spend probably 3 hours doing some yard-work on a much-neglected yard today and hopefully I can find the address of the nearest compost site for the county. Who in their right mind dumps weeds under a tree because they're too lazy to weed regularly and deems it a "compost heap." >.< My horticulturalist sibling was cringing.

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                    Good luck B. Not that you need it! Just start with finger painting! Tehehe
                    Didn't get it.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

Didn't get it.

/10sadfaces
                      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                      Seen the desert and the birds
                      You cut your hair short
                      Like a shush to an insult
                      The world had been yelling
                      Since the day you were born
                      Revolting with anger
                      While it smiled like it was cute
                      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I'm watching a documentary, and an ex Nazi SS soldier is talking about his role in the Auschwitz death camp, he says "We had specific orders to kill them, and for me my orders were a bond." He's an old frail man now but I can't help feeling like he should have been charged and hanged or something, I think everybody had a choice in what they did there. I shit you not I'd rather jump a cliff than kill that many people, I couldn't handle it.
                        White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                        sigpic
                        In Days of yore,
                        From Britain's shore
                        Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                        And planted firm Britannia's flag
                        On Canada's fair domain.
                        Here may it wave,
                        Our boast, our pride
                        And joined in love together,
                        The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                        The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I'm thinking/wondering - in American horse racing, they run counterclockwise. My ceiling fan also runs that way, yet when I look at it, I have to mentally flip it to make the blades go the same direction as the horses. Those Moebius strip kinda things mess with my head.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Thinking about the general unreliability of news. News on tv, news on the internet, US news, global news.
                            It's all yellow journalism now, pandering to advertisers.
                            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

The cheek of some people. Someone stole one of my photographs to use on their own site, and when I asked them to remove it they were rude (although they have taken it down). On the bright side, I've had loads of lovely supportive messages.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                                I'm watching a documentary, and an ex Nazi SS soldier is talking about his role in the Auschwitz death camp, he says "We had specific orders to kill them, and for me my orders were a bond." He's an old frail man now but I can't help feeling like he should have been charged and hanged or something, I think everybody had a choice in what they did there. I shit you not I'd rather jump a cliff than kill that many people, I couldn't handle it.
                                I try to remember that these people didn't just wake up one day in a uniform and get ordered to do this, to compare what we would do is wishful thinking...in all likeliness, we would be no different than they were we raised in the same place and time and conditions. They were groomed for it--strong prejudice was alive and well against the Jews prior to Hitler, he just exploited it. And he exploited it for about 9 years before the so-called Final Solution... Those soldiers were indoctrinated, brainwashed into this idea.
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X