X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

[QUOTE=B. de Corbin;155002

How'd it go for the little ones
    Oh - p.s. a bunch of crazy new M. Obama food laws. I am not allowed to let students see me drinking a Coke. If I hand out little treat rewards in class for this or that, they have to be fiber wads that make people puke.[/QUOTE]

Wierd...our teachers still give out candy (i know this becuase they told us so, and asked about allergies and other food issues at the "meet & greet").

on not getting the art job...

As for us, i'm still waiting....kids are in school tl 3:55.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

I have vague memories as a child starting kindergarten,but much of those memories have faded away. I worried about my GD and her first week of school. Kids can be hard when a child is first in that type of social exposure .
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        Wierd...our teachers still give out candy (i know this becuase they told us so, and asked about allergies and other food issues at the meet and greet.
        I haven't read the law (pointless, since I have to follow the directives I'm given), but it may be that it's a new law, so nobody quite understands exactly what it means yet (somebody's gotta go to court first), and the fines against the school districts are so huge should they accidentally or intentionally violate the law, that we're being very conservative.

Chain, a kid can give us an apple, but it's recommended we don't eat them. Too many teachers get dosed that way, and starting an LSD trip during second hour would not be fun :=L:
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          Too many teachers get dosed that way, and starting an LSD trip during second hour would not be fun :=L:
          I dunno...sounds fun to me...I mean what?

Comment

With today's kids,one might want to check very closely before biting into that "Apple" might be Adams apple of good and evil....
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              With today's kids,one might want to check very closely before biting into that "Apple" might be Adams apple of good and evil....
              Already ate that one.

Snake and I are well acquainted, possibly related...
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Loved lamb chop show as a child.....20 something years later im still singing her song.

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                  Phew, don't do thag to me!
                  I'm happy it wasn't anything serious. Phew! Mom explained to me what a heart attack was, so now I know the difference and going to change workout and eating this month and on.

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking about my 7:45 neurologist appointment (so darn early, i'm obviously not a morning person). I hope my neurologist will let me drive again. If not, i'm still without seizures, two months so far. Need 6 months to drive. *big sigh* Secondly, I have to take my oldest dog, Trini, to the vet. She might need an allergy test, but I have to wait till next month if so. It's $254 to get an allergy test on a dog. Ugh. Hopefully, she won't need anything like that.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Already ate that one.

Snake and I are well acquainted, possibly related...
                    That makes me think about the cult my mom was involved in thee moonies. Where they believed eve didnt eat the apple but adam and eve had sex before they had permisson from god. I always thought that idea was more interesting then the tree of knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                      Phew, don't do thag to me!
                      Ok. I feel better knowing I'm not the only one. Since I don't know what a heart attack actually feels like (women get very different symptoms) I occasionally freak myself out. Then I remember what I ate. I take a Zantac prescribed dose and try to stop freaking out. Glad everything was a false alarm
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by loststarshine View Post
                        That makes me think about the cult my mom was involved in thee moonies. Where they believed eve didnt eat the apple but adam and eve had sex before they had permisson from god. I always thought that idea was more interesting then the tree of knowledge.
                        These stories are always interesting because they can be interpreted in different ways, depending on the cultural or specific context. The "sex" interpretation is popular - since there were no apples in the Middle East (cold weather fruits from Russia), the "apple" is most likely a pomegranate. And pomegranates are often symbols of fertility ('cause they're loaded with seeds).

I like the interpretation that points out that "God" lies, but the serpent tells the truth - one of the Gnostic readings

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by loststarshine View Post
                        Loved lamb chop show as a child.....20 something years later im still singing her song.
                        I've always found it odd to name a cute lamb puppet after the food it would be if it were a real animal, and dead...

Comment

There's a paganism club I was invited to my first day of college. First off there's a paganism club and that's a new one for me. Figures the first person I talk to is interesting.
                          Circe

Comment

I can't remember if I mentioned - I'm still an English teacher... I didn't get the job teaching art :=(:

I hate first day - it bores me, and it bores the kids (we have so much crap we are supposed to do the first day. There are actually laws about it). So, the day went about as well as could be expected.

How'd it go for the little ones?

Oh - p.s. a bunch of crazy new M. Obama food laws. I am not allowed to let students see me drinking a Coke. If I hand out little treat rewards in class for this or that, they have to be fiber wads that make people puke.
                            What kind of crap are you made to do on the first day?
                            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                            Seen the desert and the birds
                            You cut your hair short
                            Like a shush to an insult
                            The world had been yelling
                            Since the day you were born
                            Revolting with anger
                            While it smiled like it was cute
                            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

So the new store opening has been moved from Sept 11 to Sept 26. So far. Could be that's the day we start setting up etc. Anyways thinking about actually getting a bike. A beach cruiser with a basket. They have them at Walmart for $97. Why? Because I looked at a map of me and the store. Down one street. Google maps gives me distance and route by bike if I ask. It's 12 minutes. Now for me I might make that maybe 30 if I just pedal like a slow poke with my purse in my basket. I'm thinking of actually doing it! Everyone here in my city rides bikes anyways, so I won't feel weird. Then my commute time is really wee! And I don't have to rely on anyone for rides at night. And we have a gate at the side which opens to the side of the house which is a covered patio. So I could roll it in there when not in use.

Am I crazy?
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                                So the new store opening has been moved from Sept 11 to Sept 26. So far. Could be that's the day we start setting up etc. Anyways thinking about actually getting a bike. A beach cruiser with a basket. They have them at Walmart for $97. Why? Because I looked at a map of me and the store. Down one street. Google maps gives me distance and route by bike if I ask. It's 12 minutes. Now for me I might make that maybe 30 if I just pedal like a slow poke with my purse in my basket. I'm thinking of actually doing it! Everyone here in my city rides bikes anyways, so I won't feel weird. Then my commute time is really wee! And I don't have to rely on anyone for rides at night. And we have a gate at the side which opens to the side of the house which is a covered patio. So I could roll it in there when not in use.

Am I crazy?
                                And exercise and audiobook while you ride!!! Winning!!!!!
                                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                                Seen the desert and the birds
                                You cut your hair short
                                Like a shush to an insult
                                The world had been yelling
                                Since the day you were born
                                Revolting with anger
                                While it smiled like it was cute
                                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment