X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Yet again a reason NOT to go to OZ.....
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      Yet again a reason NOT to go to OZ.....
      Aww I'm sure you Americans get snakes inside houses sometimes!

Part of the tradeoff of living in the Adelaide Hills and/or the hill face zone is that we have a really high incidence of suburban snakes. Snakes are a given out in the country... just something that you learn to live with. Most city folk don't need to worry about them, though... but here we have a number of suburbs that are in the foothills of the Mt Lofty Ranges and are highly vegetated, which brings with it the problem of snakes.

At least this one was a nice straightforward one for our new vet. She's four years out of uni but just moved over from New Zealand, where there are no snakes at all. She was so nervous about what we call 'snake bite season'. We'll probably see a dozen or so snake bite cats in Sept-Nov and then a few outliers in Dec-Jan. The first of the season generally comes around mid September as the weather warms right up.

Comment

Snakes in homes? Yes, actually. He was never poisonous but we had a black snake that used to crawl up from under the house and stick his head out from behing the brickwork that our fireplace is set upon. He never roamed around much but he did like to visit that one area.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Its not that it is a snake in the house,it is a deadly snake that freaks me out. I like snakes,I think they are fascinating creatures,BUT I do not like the feeling that they could kill me with a bite.

- - - Updated - - -

It is raining(no thunder) and the leaves are floating through the air..and Fall is in the air(my favorite time of year)
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            Its not that it is a snake in the house,it is a deadly snake that freaks me out. I like snakes,I think they are fascinating creatures,BUT I do not like the feeling that they could kill me with a bite.

- - - Updated - - -

It is raining(no thunder) and the leaves are floating through the air..and Fall is in the air(my favorite time of year)
            The adults shouldn't kill ya, they have control over their dose, it's the babies you gotta watch out for.

I like snakes, poisinous or not (though to be honest, the snakes we have here arent agressive, theyre more likely to run away). I just dont like it when they startle me.

Apparently thrre was one at school the other day. Everyone was freaking out. I looked for it, couldn't find it. Just kept doing my thing. Meh.
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Been wondering...

Why don't they lock the White House's front door once all the tours are over? Surely they've got keypads or badge-swipers or some form of biometrics the Secret Service can use to get in & out of the building.
              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                The adults shouldn't kill ya, they have control over their dose, it's the babies you gotta watch out for.

I like snakes, poisinous or not (though to be honest, the snakes we have here arent agressive, theyre more likely to run away). I just dont like it when they startle me.

Apparently thrre was one at school the other day. Everyone was freaking out. I looked for it, couldn't find it. Just kept doing my thing. Meh.
                My Aussie friend found two massive snakes having sex in her house the other day. I thought it was fascinating, but she's terrified of snakes.
                Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

A Bengal kitty.

And how, sometimes, it seems that having only this written medium, and such limited interaction, is decidedly unfair. Like being kept in a cell, away from everyone, kind of unfair. Deprivation of the senses, sorta deal.

Good thing it is pretty much just PF that I feel closer to friends, than this cyber medium allows, really.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzal View Post
                    My Aussie friend found two massive snakes having sex in her house the other day. I thought it was fascinating, but she's terrified of snakes.
                    Put this on your bucket list...

Catch a couple of porcupines going at it.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Sent my tattoo concept to a few artists, waiting to hear back with a quote to set up a meeting. I hope at least one of them is good with straight and fine lines.

Comment

My doggy has diarrhea. I was cleaning it out of the carpets at 4am this morning...

Poor guy.

Mostly art.

Comment

I think I have opened up my mind more, to something other than plight and pain, in the last two days than I have in the last two months. And now I need me some rest. I don't WANT to take any medication! But I took two circuits around the driveway (have I mentioned our circle drive?) and it seems like I can still feel every inch of that walk, all the way out to the ends of my fingernails. Toenails. Um.. hair. Something. I don't know how that line goes!

"Ugh" and "LOL" both.

Also, Ljubezen? Good luck, hon'! I really hope you find a very talented and reasonably priced artist! You know, cuz I wanna see PICS!!!

/ink enthusiast

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                            My doggy has diarrhea. I was cleaning it out of the carpets at 4am this morning...

Poor guy.
                            Awww, poor little guy. But, also, poor you, volcaniclastic. That always sucks having to clean up mushy poo.

Thankfully, the only thing I really have to deal with concerning the area of my dog that stinky messes come out of that's unpleasant is her farts. While I don't have to clean anything up, those toots of hers can burn the nose-hairs right out of your nose.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand why it is that lately whenever I try to type "how" I keep typing "who" instead. I keep having to correct myself. Why does my brain not want to work right? :sad:

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzal View Post

Lol, this is amazing.
                              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                              Seen the desert and the birds
                              You cut your hair short
                              Like a shush to an insult
                              The world had been yelling
                              Since the day you were born
                              Revolting with anger
                              While it smiled like it was cute
                              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I want to start an office war at work just to be able to do this. :devil:

Office Wars.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X