X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by Arella View Post
    I'm thinking some people are completely mental. My mom watches those TV court shows. One case was about a guy suing a weatherman because he gave a forecast of sunny on one day when it wound up raining. The plaintiff slipped in a puddle and broke his leg. He felt it was the weatherman's fault since he hadn't said it was going to rain. This guy also talked about constantly emailing and calling the weatherman at his work, acting like they were buddies. This guy sounded like a total stalker. If I was that weatherman I would file a restraining order after that case.

What is wrong with some people?!?!
    I watched those for a while when I lived with my grandma. She didnt have cable and Id get up early in the morning when nobody else was awake, turn the TV on for noise and revel in the crazy. Sometimes knowing that ppl like that are out there makes you feel better about yourself lol
    I saw one (People's Court i thiiink) where the guy had 21 kids with different women. He was suing one of the mothers because he didn't think he was the true father of her kid and he wanted the child support he'd paid to her back. Pretty sure the kid did turn out to be his and the point was moot but the hilarious part was that between all 21 of the kids he was paying child support for each mom got like 17 dollars a month per child haha

Comment

Originally posted by Ophidia View Post
      I'm thinking it was a bad idea for me to google el cucuy. So much nightmare fuel.
      Now imagine being raised that it was as real as Santy Claws. Hispanics be mean to their kids.

On a happier note, as an adult we now know El Cucuy is just some jolly radio host!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        Now imagine being raised that it was as real as Santy Claws. Hispanics be mean to their kids.

On a happier note, as an adult we now know El Cucuy is just some jolly radio host!
        I lived in La Puente as a small child. Mexicans also be mean to other people's kids.

El Cucuy & La Llorona are real-er than Sandy Claws. La Llorona lives here, too, in the Vegas washes. She was a Downwinder woman who took advantage of a flash flood to drown her atomic-radiated babies, or so I've heard.
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

The fact that having only one car really sucks...

Comment

Originally posted by Aakosir View Post
            The fact that having only one car really sucks...
            Yeah...

Mine was just totaled by Bambi, god damn it's eyes..
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Ophidia View Post
              I lived in La Puente as a small child. Mexicans also be mean to other people's kids.

El Cucuy & La Llorona are real-er than Sandy Claws. La Llorona lives here, too, in the Vegas washes. She was a Downwinder woman who took advantage of a flash flood to drown her atomic-radiated babies, or so I've heard.
              oh god. I forgot about la Llorona. That one is a real sad story.

Our version is that she took her kids to drown in the river because of her cheating husband ala Madea.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticklebits View Post
                I watched those for a while when I lived with my grandma. She didnt have cable and Id get up early in the morning when nobody else was awake, turn the TV on for noise and revel in the crazy. Sometimes knowing that ppl like that are out there makes you feel better about yourself lol
                I saw one (People's Court i thiiink) where the guy had 21 kids with different women. He was suing one of the mothers because he didn't think he was the true father of her kid and he wanted the child support he'd paid to her back. Pretty sure the kid did turn out to be his and the point was moot but the hilarious part was that between all 21 of the kids he was paying child support for each mom got like 17 dollars a month per child haha
                Who do you blame? The him, or the hers?

Seems like there was some stupid decision making on some few people's parts...
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Just now do I realize it's Friday. My days are all wonky.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    Just now do I realize it's Friday. My days are all wonky.
                    LOL! I was told, just a couple hours ago, that it was Friday, today. I said, no it's not. Then looked at the calendar on the computer... er, yes it is. Oops. When did that happen??

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I don't know what you people are talking about. It's been Saturday for 41 minutes now.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                        I don't know what you people are talking about. It's been Saturday for 41 minutes now.

What the hell are you doing in TOMORROW, already?

Say, can you tell me the winning numbers for the lottery, so I can go get a ticket before the day's out?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I literally have to look at my cell to see what the actual date is. I mean. It's 2014. Sometime in September. What more do I really need to know? I've been known to say Merry Christmas to customers in July simply because I knew they wouldn't hear it anyways.

Comment

My bus has the air con on... it's spring, the sun is shining, the snake bites are starting, the blossoms are in full bloom, I'm gonna get roasted walkng home from the bus stop... and it'll be Christmas before we know it.

I have a love-hate relationship with this time of year.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post

Say, can you tell me the winning numbers for the lottery, so I can go get a ticket before the day's out?
                            It's 2.30 Sat arvo here... it's been tomorrow for hours and hours.

When we were first dating, Torey used to joke that he was dating a girl from the future.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post

I'm pretty sure there's a time cop around here to prevent that. It's very annoying.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Ya know, that little exchange there made me remember a theory I worked on when I was a kid and learned about the International Date Line. Hopping on a jet, near the north pole, and circling it, against the earth's rotation *should* send one back into yesterday, and after one more merry go round, the day before. You know, depending on how close to the pole one could fly and maintain that high speed, yet, slow right turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X