This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

I got expelled from my region's pagan group just because they finally understood my way of thinking... And didn't like it. Oh well.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
      I got expelled from my region's pagan group just because they finally understood my way of thinking... And didn't like it. Oh well.
      Their loss. That's why I don't associate with Pagan groups here.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
        Their loss.
        My thoughts exactly. Isn't it more interesting and enriching to discuss and debate with someone who doesn't think like you (but is open to other views)? I mean, talking and discussing with people that think and say the exact same thing you do can only go as far.

Comment

My thoughts exactly. Isn't it more interesting and enriching to discuss and debate with someone who doesn't think like you (but is open to other views)? I mean, talking and discussing with people that think and say the exact same thing you do can only go as far.
          Those are my thoughts, as well. But my experience is "more of the same" is what many of them want - validation, I suppose. What individuals such as us believe in pushes them too far outside of their safety bubbles. After all, a great many of them spend quite a bit of time proclaiming to Christians that they don't even believe in Satan (ergo, how can they worship Him?).

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
            Those are my thoughts, as well. But my experience is "more of the same" is what many of them want - validation, I suppose. What individuals such as us believe in pushes them too far outside of their safety bubbles. After all, a great many of them spend quite a bit of time proclaiming to Christians that they don't even believe in Satan (ergo, how can they worship Him?).
            I see. It's sad. I thought they were more open-minded than that.

Comment

I see. It's sad. I thought they were more open-minded than that.
              I've yet to be convinced most Pagans are any more open-minded than any other sect. They just tend to think differently enough that sometimes they appear to be more open minded.

and yes, that is sad.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I am thinking that I am outraged that Jian Gomeshi from CBC's the Q was fired today for being into BDSM, after 14 years of working there, because the CBC feels that they don't wish for those type of people to represent the CBC. He was fired for his private life.

Thank the gods I don't work for someone who would fire me for my private life.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                  I am thinking that I am outraged that Jian Gomeshi from CBC's the Q was fired today for being into BDSM, after 14 years of working there, because the CBC feels that they don't wish for those type of people to represent the CBC. He was fired for his private life.

Thank the gods I don't work for someone who would fire me for my private life.
                  Yeah, I read about that too. Outed by a disgruntled ex. What a C u later.

I'm thinking I don't know what day it is. Just work and home and work and home. I'm an on/off switch. I miss everyone here. And I can't read everything. But I'm not clearing anything either! It's all staying as NEW till I get a chance to catch up!
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post

I'm thinking I don't know what day it is. Just work and home and work and home. I'm an on/off switch. I miss everyone here. And I can't read everything. But I'm not clearing anything either! It's all staying as NEW till I get a chance to catch up!
                    Life has a way of de-railing things, but for the record - I miss you, too. And we'll all still be here (hopefully) when things settle down for you. xx

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post

I did some more reading, and the ex has apparently been talking to his other exes, and a freelance writer, and they are trying to make it look like everything he did was non-consensual. There is supposed to be some article published very shortly on the matter.

I just think it's all very shitty. CBC's Sook Yin-Lee was in the adult industry on the side, and she escaped from being fired. I don't know what the deal is with Jian, unless it's more serious than the media is letting on.

Mostly art.

Comment

Funny but I have seen something like this before,the outing I mean. What it concerned was the person making the "Outing" suddenly got big time religious crazy,and it was their way of atoning for their "Sins", Sad I know,but it does happen like back in the 70's when "friends" suddenly found Jesus(Jesus freaks) and could not stand that you had not also become "touched"
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          Funny but I have seen something like this before,the outing I mean. What it concerned was the person making the "Outing" suddenly got big time religious crazy,and it was their way of atoning for their "Sins", Sad I know,but it does happen like back in the 70's when "friends" suddenly found Jesus(Jesus freaks) and could not stand that you had not also become "touched"
                          Ah, yes, "I am doing this for your own good; you'll thank me later."

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

My hedgehog makes noises in his sleep. A lot.

Comment

And just what does a hedgehog dream about...People like me want to know...cause we are cool like that..
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                                My hedgehog makes noises in his sleep. A lot.
                                hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Working...
                                X