X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

AND MY ANATOMY FINAL IS OVER WITH!!!
    Now I just have a short, in class exit speech to give on Thursday for SPCOMM, and the semester is over.
    A break will be nice, but I'm already pretty eager for the challenges of next semester, to be honest. I really enjoy college, especially now that I'm going for a major that is really exciting and fascinating to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by desertrat View Post
    Edibles take 30minutes to 90 minutes to take effect. And the buzz is totally different from smoking than eating I don't care for edibles myself.
    Edibles can be wonderful, but I've learned to never take them when in a bad mood. The effects can be so intense that they verge on psychedelic. Last time I tried a brownie I was pretty depressed and all alone in my room. It turned into a very difficult experience. I didn't call the cops on myself or anything, (lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrZLc9lqQM0) but I got fairly anxious. I had this horrible body high that felt like someone was cutting my throat and strangling me, and I kept revisiting all of these dark psychological spaces from my childhood. It was like a bad trip. I knew that I was really perfectly ok, but that didn't stop it from being a harsh trip through the shadow sides of my conscious experience.
    The other time I tried an edible was pretty great, though. Laid under the stars with some good buddies and chatted all night. Had some pretty good sex, too :P

Comment

Don Sterling you dun goofed.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Chickadee has been "selected for gifted education services on the basis of the results from the Cognitive Ability Test (CogAT) and recommendation by her classroom teacher".

As a mom, I'm hella proud.

...as a former "gifted student", I'm less enthused.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

We had something of an indecent here yesterday. I had been down on the first floor about 12:30,and went back upstairs at about 1:00. They do a test of the generator at about 1:30. Something happened because a friend said they were taking people out on stretchers for what seems a carbon-monoxide thing from the generator. It is supposed to be vented as it is inside the building. I Figure if it turned on at 1:30,and caused this problem in about one hour,the door for venting was closed for it to have gotten to a point of effecting people on the ground floor.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

It's snowing. >.>

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
              It's snowing. >.>
              I'm so far away from you. It's now 96f here. I'm meeeeeelting!
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Upper 50's/low 60's today, and it felt chilly.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  Chickadee has been "selected for gifted education services on the basis of the results from the Cognitive Ability Test (CogAT) and recommendation by her classroom teacher".

As a mom, I'm hella proud.

...as a former "gifted student", I'm less enthused.
                  Well, whether the programs are any good or not, it's better to be told that what you already knew is true, than to be told it's not.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I thought my piercing had become infected but instead it seems to be a hematoma. I took out my earring earlier when I thought it was infected to clean it, then put in back in. A bit ago mom wanted to look at it (since she's a former nurse) and decided it was probably scar tissue (which didn't seem right). I decided I would clean it again and I was kinda squeezing it to see if pus would come out and the next thing I know there's blood running down the side of my head. So I cleaned it and the earring and now the hard lump that was around the piercing is smaller but the swelling is still pretty bad. I've put the earring back in and I'm putting ice to see if the swelling will go down. It doesn't hurt as much (unless I touch it) either so that's a plus
                    Circe

Comment

OK, I've had my technological upgrades for the next decade. I always do better with this stuff than I think I will but it's exhausting. I'm too old for a learning curve. I need a learning recline, in a lounge chair, with a margarita.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                        OK, I've had my technological upgrades for the next decade. I always do better with this stuff than I think I will but it's exhausting. I'm too old for a learning curve. I need a learning recline, in a lounge chair, with a margarita.
                        I don't mind a learning curve so long as I'm on the downhill slope with plenty of gravity assist.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Going to try and cycle from my house into town today. (FYI: that's about 40ish kilometres).

Mostly art.

Comment

I haven't really seen my husband for 3 days in a row (work/college/volunteer scheduling conflicts). And now that he's finally hope at the same time I am, he just wants a "home-cooked meal." o.0 At least I know he comes back for something!

If you had told me 10 years ago that I'd grow up to be a nest-making, cooking enthusiast, home-body I would have thought you were crazy.

Also, going through a weird series of dreams lately that seems to require some pondering.

Comment

The Sultan of Brunei instituted Sharia Law. http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...-death-stoning I think the world is going backwards at an incredible speed.
                              sigpic

Comment

Moved furniture around so I could get to my desk again! Finally convinced the hubby I needed some desk time to write, so I'm sneaking into PF to visit and say HELLO! *hugs all round*

(I'm no good at it, but writing gives me something to do with my life besides childcare, so ... yeah.)

Now if I could just get him to realize it's not cool to walk into the bedroom and start chatting at me while I'm trying to focus...

Comment

Working...
                                X