X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    I finished watching all 3 The Hobbit movies. And I was quite happy and entertained while watching them. But now that it's over..I feel the main gist of the quest was left unresolved etc. And that pretty much everyone portrayed in the movie were horrible people. The elves were cold, the dwarves greedy, you watch the wizards knowing who is gonna go bad. And the humans were pretty crappy and petty too. Only the orcs seemed to have true belief of heart as to what they were doing. And that's saying quite a lot. The hobbit. He was cool.
    It was meant to lead into Lord of the Rings, but a lot of the material that explains that is lost in the appendices of the Lord of the Rings books. The events in Lord of the Rings were meant to bring the peoples of Middle Earth together and make them realize their failures.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
      It was meant to lead into Lord of the Rings, but a lot of the material that explains that is lost in the appendices of the Lord of the Rings books. The events in Lord of the Rings were meant to bring the peoples of Middle Earth together and make them realize their failures.
      Ain't nobody got time for that!

Lol. Seriously. I'm working my way to the audiobooks. I just don't know if I can pay attention to it that long. I hope so.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Haha, fair enough!

If you can, the audiobook version has the appendices at the end (at least, mine does). But that part is really, really boring, so there's that.

Comment

That I need to starting to figure out what I want to do for my back garden. Have so many plans going back and forward

Comment

I have to take my car in for a manufacturer recall. Wonder how long it's going to take.
            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Camp project got delayed another two weeks...yay, another two weeks without money.

And my SO left for the field this morning.

It's only 8:30 and today already sucks.

Mostly art.

Comment

So is it weird that my voice mail message has me talking about me in the third person? My boss left a message and he's like well this is weird that M is talking about herself, but hey M can you call me back? Can you let M know I called?

Does anyone else do this? Should I be changing this? I have had the same message for like 15 years. I had no idea! Everyone who doesn't know me probably thinks the person speaking isn't me!
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I talk in third person on occasion. Usually while drunk.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I feel like the state of my life is summed up in how often I post in the "plugs" section lately compared to most of my other posts. I have no goals but my writing now days, and its really starting to show.
                    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

I meant to be productive, but instead I sat here for 45 minutes writing up a workout plan for my D&D group, in character.

We bench pressed goblin carcasses.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                        I meant to be productive, but instead I sat here for 45 minutes writing up a workout plan for my D&D group, in character.

what are you on about? that IS productive!
                        You remind me of the babe
                        What babe?
                        The babe with the power
                        What power?
                        The Power of voodoo
                        Who do?
                        You do!
                        Do what?
                        Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

Gotta agree with Iris it seems like really productive 45 minutes

Comment

That Agents of Shield defied a trope and Coulson didn't keep a secret till someone forced his hand. I don't know what to say. I was fully expecting him to try and take that to the grave like most TV characters do.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I can't believe how tired I am. I have so much to do today, but I just want to sleeeeepz.

Mostly art.

Comment

I think I'm having a weird allergic reaction to lunch. I don't think it's food poisoning because... Doesn't that usually take a while to kick in? I had lunch about 50 minutes ago and less than 10 minutes later I started feeling ill. Idk...

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X