X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    I am not a mamma. Is it possible to be 8 1/2 weeks pregnant and look like this? I have no idea if this is normal or not. I mean, yay, if it is. But that has to be a tiny itty bitty skinny baby in there, que no?
    Must be a cookie in that belly
    Well...if she were 8 1/2 weeks, baby would be about the size of a peanut. But at 8 months...she does look too small. Models are generally medically underweight, I'd think a doc would have want her to gain a bit extra, compared to the average pregnancy. I've seen fit skinny preggo girls...this one looks more like 6-7 months than just about ready to pop. While I think hate mail is extreme, there such weird body issues in modeling, I can see why there would be concern.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

My bad. 8.5 months. I mean that baby has to be small. Unless she like balloons in 2 weeks. I dunno. I guess we will see. I do hope it's ok. But I'm not blind. I'm also not that evil to tell her this stuff on her social media. I mean cringe.

My bad. 9 months next week according to her post yesterday
      42K likes, 9,780 comments - sarahstage on June 11, 2015: "9 months next week Time is flying by... so excited to meet him (Tan: @bondisands)"
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

That does seem a bit small,but then as my Mom told me,I was 8 lbs 7 oz. when born,so not used to the idea of small babies..Us kids ran large in my family..
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          My bad. 8.5 months. I mean that baby has to be small. Unless she like balloons in 2 weeks. I dunno. I guess we will see. I do hope it's ok. But I'm not blind. I'm also not that evil to tell her this stuff on her social media. I mean cringe.

My bad. 9 months next week according to her post yesterday
          https://instagram.com/sarahstage/p/0EzxyIMzGI/
          Lol...I was just confused. at first I was like...well for 8 weeks she looks a bit big...

I'm sure there's natural variability and all...but...Ive seen lots of pregnant women (military town) and some of them are quite skinny and work out...and that is really small for *giving birth next week* she should have a full-sized baby in there, ya know?
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Part of me thinks by the angle of the pics..her baby is in her big ol fat butt she keeps pushing behind her in the frame. Models know how to pose. And her 'voluptuous' thigh is just a big ass with the baby's head back there.

Comment

It is also possible someone did a photoshop thing..I read where they can make a model taller or shorter or thinner with photoshop...so who knows..
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

nah. she's a model and you can see her in her other pics. Her boobies def got bigger though. So she's got that going for her. I scrolled through her ig.

Comment

*sigh* well, I have seen perfectly healthy pregnant girls that size... So it really is quite possible. photoshop is also possible :P I'm sorry... I get annoyed when people seem to automatically assume that something must be wrong with skinny girls (not aimed at you). I am one of those skinny girls -.-', and I'm actually neither anorectic nor dying from any funny diseases. I'm just genetically thin. And for some reason, strangers seem to find it perfectly reasonable to tell me I need to gain weight, you wouldn't do that to an overwight person, would you? I wouldn't. it's rude and hurtful... I guess I'm just saying that if her doctor isn't worried - seeing she is that far in to her pregnancy, I'm assuming she has a doctor - why should strangers on the internet be?
                  You remind me of the babe
                  What babe?
                  The babe with the power
                  What power?
                  The Power of voodoo
                  Who do?
                  You do!
                  Do what?
                  Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Skinny is the new black. Fatties be hating to be honest.
                    My boss was calling our tiny cashier a fatty to make fun of her. Because she's the size of my thumb. And I'm like he'd never say that to me! And he's like no ma'am. And I'm like well I'm fat. So there. And he just stared at me.
                    I've had skinny friends all my life. Some of my best friends are skinny. (see what I did there). Anywho some people are naturally thin.

But babies aren't naturally thin. And let's be real. How do you have a tiny fat baby?

Comment

people just generally need to hate something -.- people are funny.
                      heh... it's funny how size matters so much in the first place... health and size aren't the same thing... health should be the important part.
                      Yea, well she does have room for a baby in that tummy, it may just be pushing inwards (seriously. I've seen a girl who didn't look pregnant at all, and he was a happy chubby baby).
                      You remind me of the babe
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                        . I'm just genetically thin. And for some reason, strangers seem to find it perfectly reasonable to tell me I need to gain weight, you wouldn't do that to an overwight person, would you? I wouldn't. it's rude and hurtful...
                        No, they tell overweight people they are fat and need to lose weight.

I've been "congradulated" on my grocery cart before. Seriously.
                        sigpic

Comment

When I moved here, I had just lost 6 dress sizes. I went to my new Dr. (I have ongoing meds and needed to get prescriptions) and he said I should try to lose 10 lbs. I was mad. He knew nothing of my history. People are incredibly rude and invasive about such things.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

Random strangers generally don't pull this crap with me. Friends and family occasionally do and I put up with it because they're friends and family but exempting a nurse practictioner that wasn't happy with my blood pressure on that day (and she was less, "You're fat, lose weight." and more, "Your blood pressure offends me, you're going on a diet to lower it."), strangers normally don't. Then again random strangers don't generally initiate conversations with me so that's par for the course.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm going for a nice long hike once I finish changing my oil. I hope spring is here to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

That's BS. seriously. Who thinks it's ok to do that?

It's really rude either way, though. I've been on the other side and it's so hurtful. I gained enough weight over my 20s to get the comments to stop (though I still get asked ALL the time how I got my body, as if I have some sort of secret that no one knows....I don't. It's genetics), but in my teens and early 20s people always used to tell me things like "go eat a sandwich." When I told people how I felt about those comments, people told me I was too sensitive and I should be thankful that I was so thin. Other people used to practically marvel at my body and treated me like I must have some sort of magic power, or like I must be some stuck up cow who was full of herself. I had a body complex all throughout my 20s because of it. I felt like I was gangly and awkward, but at the same time, I was terrified of gaining weight. Being slim was (and in many ways still is) part of who I was.

Anyway, I think it's really unfair that people (especially perfect strangers) feel that it is their business to make comments about other peoples' bodies. It's not like they know that person and their medical history. Also, it reduces them to their looks and does no credit to who they are as a person.

Comment

Working...
                                X