This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

This is 'smarty pants' speak. I used to watch this chic and her father before her on late night tv. I have no idea what she's actually saying half the time. But she loves her dry erase board sharpie. And she loves to make every single word mean something else in Greek.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Yesterday I made a comment about the pagniation being incorrect in my report...

Everyone looked at me like "wuh?"
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        Yesterday I made a comment about the pagniation being incorrect in my report...

Everyone looked at me like "wuh?"
        Next, tell them that the alpha-numeric index is out of alignment.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          Next, tell them that the alpha-numeric index is out of alignment.
          Or that it's in the cloud. Then they will think you are very smart.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Use the word "trajectory". Where I used to live, I had skylights, and a flooring guy said the sun beats in from them and fades areas of the floor in some cases. I said that before I bought the place, I'd calculated the solar trajectory so that wouldn't be a problem. I wish I had a picture of his expression.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

So yesterday (or the day before because the men in the office never put stuff away) we received our office supplies. So I decided I should put them away since I'm in charge of office stuff. So then as I started opening up our file cabinets I noticed pens over here. Oh pens over in this cabinet. And we got more pens. One thing led to another and 1.5 hours later I've cleaned out and re-organized all the files cabinet junk inside. One file cabinet is stuffed full of sticky notes and markers and paperclips. We are hording for the office zombie apocalypse I guess. I'm off for the next 2 days. And I better not see them messed up.

Also. I didn't tell the men this. So I'm going to lol myself silly imagining them opening all the drawers wondering where the hell everything is.

Comment

Just dropped my phone into the sink while washing dishes. I really hope the rice that its sitting in now will save it from damage. I snatched it up the second it fell into the water, and ran to the pantry, quickly burying it in a bag of rice. Welp now I'm confined to the hard life of my iPad. Sad privileged white boy problems....
                "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
                  Just dropped my phone into the sink while washing dishes. I really hope the rice that its sitting in now will save it from damage. I snatched it up the second it fell into the water, and ran to the pantry, quickly burying it in a bag of rice. Welp now I'm confined to the hard life of my iPad. Sad privileged white boy problems....
                  I've heard drying out actually can work. The problem is turning it on and short circuiting it before it's fully dry. Whatever amount of time you think it's dry...double it. Or even triple. The minute you turn it on and it has a drop of moisture..fttttttttttzzzzzz it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
                    I knew a person who dropped her smartphone in the toilet bowl and it still worked perfectly afterwards (the phone, not the toilet. Or perhaps the toilet as well, dunno). Rice sounds like a good deal. At least I bumped into it many times when googling what to do with a computer bathed in tea... But as Medusa said, keep it turned off before it's fully dry.
                    Good luck!
                    baah.

Comment

I tried kimchi for the first time last night. Or rather, the first time I'd tried it outside of an omelette. I've been saying for ages that I wanted to try it, but heard too many people say they can't eat it that it put me off.

Turns out I like it. It's one of the spiciest things I've ever tried, but I did enjoy it.

My stomach isn't so good today though. Very gassy. Kimchi is very angry cabbage...
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

You know that awkward moment when you spot an old (very good) friend on the street, they look at you so you go "heeeey!" And they just walk on so you seem like you just randomely greeted thin air? And I'm left wondering whether she really didn't recognise me, or we've had a fall out I don't know about...
                        You remind me of the babe
                        What babe?
                        The babe with the power
                        What power?
                        The Power of voodoo
                        Who do?
                        You do!
                        Do what?
                        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          This is 'smarty pants' speak. I used to watch this chic and her father before her on late night tv. I have no idea what she's actually saying half the time. But she loves her dry erase board sharpie. And she loves to make every single word mean something else in Greek.
                          Dear me. She sounds like a cross between Kathryn Kuhlman and my worship pastor's wife. She and I have issues.

Comment

It took me a while to realise it was the same person. It's when people start laughing or clapping.. I'm like.. can they see the big 'applause' sign or something? I'm sure she's a very educated woman, and she seems to have a good message to tell.. I think... ? It's a shame her message isn't being more clearly received. If something is worth saying, then surely it's worth saying clearly. Otherwise it's just noise, indistinguishable from a dog's bark (in fact, a dog can at least communicate basic messages through its bark). Can't we just save the flowers for the poets and song writers?
                            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

It's been raining for 5 days and now there are gloom shrooms everywhere in my garden. Let the harvesting begin I suppose..
                              "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Indeed it is Jembu...I myself have had Kimchi with soy cakes and beer...(Korean Bar in Hawaii served Kimchi with your beer as a snack) Very angry cabbage is a good description indeed.
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X