X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    I'm not really used to being the one that ties people up...
    Which must mean...

Oh. I get it.

:shy:
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      I'm not really used to being the one that ties people up...
      That's okay. I'm quite good at it.
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

K'Roe informs me that I will have been happily married for 34 years, as of next Friday.

I dare not disagree.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          K'Roe informs me that I will have been happily married for 34 years, as of next Friday.

I dare not disagree.
          Congratulations!

Comment

I dare not disagree.
            Awesome! Congrats!
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I dare not disagree.
              Thats pretty amazing there sir!!! Congratulations!!

I can empathize. I know it doesn't help in the here-and-now, but most of what doesn't leave you dead can be surmounted. Best wishes!
              And thank you. I'll pick myself up soon and dust off.
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I think I need to participate on the forums more. There's not nearly as many threads in my feed with the little green arrow as I think there should be...
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I kinda wish my boyfriend would get that I don't like kids. Ensuring me I'll eventually change my mind isn't the best way to get on my good side
                  They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
                  Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
                  -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                    I kinda wish my boyfriend would get that I don't like kids. Ensuring me I'll eventually change my mind isn't the best way to get on my good side
                    I go through phases. I want them for about 2 weeks and then I go 6 months running away from them. I do like my nieces and nephews though.
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                      Have you tried 'em blackened (Cajun style) with lemon and butter sauce? Mmm mmm...
                      I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
                      Clan of my Clan
                      Kin of my Kin
                      Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                      And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

If you have told someone you are childfree, period, and they think you'll change your mind, that's the tip of a huge iceberg. They don't think you know yourself or that your opinions count as much as theirs.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

For those who don't want kids: breeder bingo.

Aka why I am happy to have a sort of reputation as a wannabe hermit.
                          baah.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                            I think I need to participate on the forums more. There's not nearly as many threads in my feed with the little green arrow as I think there should be...
                            I've been lurking lately and not posting much. IDK, I don't really feel like I have much to say or add lately :/
                            hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

I wish wine was socially acceptable to drink in the morning.
                              It used to be too, back in the American 1800s-1900s, it was normal for diners to serve alcohol instead of coffee for breakfast. Ugh, born in the wrong times.
                              "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                              And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                              They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                              The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                              - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
                                I wish wine was socially acceptable to drink in the morning.
                                It used to be too, back in the American 1800s-1900s, it was normal for diners to serve alcohol instead of coffee for breakfast. Ugh, born in the wrong times.
                                You're definitely not British! Lol. Honestly though, I will have a glass after a night shift, so 8:30 in the morning, to help me sleep sometimes, but I also drink if I'm out with friends of an evening, even if that means I've only been awake an hour or two because I'd been sleeping off a shift. Wine o' clock isn't set in stone for me. It's whenever I fancy wine.
                                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                                X