Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      Thal. You are an awesome parent.
      I try!

Its a freaking lot of work...

:/

And in other news, now that I'm depressed from my new thread, I should go to bed.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
        Wait a sec, Wrinkle in Time and Number the Stars are banned. Wrinkle in Time (or parts of it, it's been a while and I don't remember) were assigned reading in school and Number the Stars was part of 6th grade Language Arts.
        Wrinkle in Time was also part of my required reading in middle school. I loved that book

- - - Updated - - -

On another note, I found out my baby brother has testicular cancer... he's 21. They say they caught it really early on and should be able to remove it and he will still be able to have kids. All I can think is he's 21 and what if they are wrong.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I just ordered my DNA test.

Comment

I took 2 sleeping pills last night. I have been either taking only one or none for quite a while now.
            Well I woke up at 10am. Put on my audiobook and went back to bed (after turning the a/c on) and then woke up again at 2pm!
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Wow. I'm thinking this thread is really long.

Thank goodness for a last button.
              A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe,' limited in time and space. He experiences himself...as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a prison for us... Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the of whole nature in its beauty...
              --Albert Einstein

Comment

Bah, we're only a little over 400 pages. We beat 1000 pages once before culling it. We can manage it again
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm thinking- and saying- swear words about this slow fricking wifi.
                  "All right, new rule: no evil laughter before breakfast." -my mother

Comment

I just checked my home library and realized I am only missing the Witches from the list. I recently updated our old, thrashed copy of Island of the Blue Dolphins for my 5 year old who has a 6th grade reading level. I am proud of her, yet I am proud of all my girls as they all have had excellent reading skills at early ages. Comprehension of what they are reading, not so much at times, but nonetheless, I am a proud Papa!
                    There is beauty in darkness for those who dare enter the shadows to embrace it. - John Coughlin

Comment

I really don't like working two twelve hour days.
                      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                        I try!

Its a freaking lot of work...

:/

And in other news, now that I'm depressed from my new thread, I should go to bed.
                        Tango makes Three is a great book. We read it to kids at the Pride Festival every year.

Mostly art.

Comment

I keep thinking about that Netflix show "Sense8." It really struck a chord with me... big time.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                            I keep thinking about that Netflix show "Sense8." It really struck a chord with me... big time.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
                            I'll have to give it another try. Of course, I wasn't paying incredibly close attention to it, except for the opening lesbian scene. Lol

Comment

I'm thinking I've kicked things down the road for far to long. Now it feels like I have impossible choices to make.

Comment

I'm tired & feeling like a piece of shit so this is probably as close to being drunk as I can get (so, it'd be wiser to get away from the computer but don't worry, I'm not going to rantwhine this time).

But I'm just so grateful that Paganism exists. I have read all kinds of "I found my religion, now I'm happy" type of blog posts, interviews, you name it and thought that I'd never reach that state. Well, probably not. I'm not unicorn lollipop chocolate happy and certainly I'm not ready or willing to become a fierce Pagan televangelist but I've found my path. I feel like a human again (quite literally).

+ Only two and a half work days left. Yay!
                                baah.

Comment

Working...
                                X