X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    Your age is showing Monsno...I once mentioned Elvis to a young person,and he said,OH Costello?
    When I was younger I used to watch the Elvis movies on the Disney channel late at night. Why they played them there I have absolutely no idea but they played a lot of movies I wouldn't have thought they would at night during the summer. It blows my mind that people don't know who Elvis is. That being said it also blows my mind when people have no idea who Paul McCartney or the Beetles are.

I was also thinking about reading the Vegan debate that we have going on but I can't seem to bring myself to getting into it. I like meat and cheese and glutton and vegetables. I like food. Almost all of it!! So cheers to food.

Brother had surgery to remove the tumor this morning. It took two hours, he came out Docs say they got it all and he will be alright. I'm not going to lie I will hold my breath till the end of time on this one. I honestly don't believe you can ever completely rid the body of cancer. I want my brother to be alright but I think I will always have a fear in the back of my mind.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      Your age is showing Monsno...I once mentioned Elvis to a young person,and he said,OH Costello?
      What's really bad is when you have a young person come up and tell you about some new band or such and then discover they were out when us old folks were kids. Remember when some kids my sons knew that just discovered AC/DC and though they were a brand new group. Worse though when we say nothing but start singing old lyrics and their like how do you know these new songs.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

We may be old,but devious goes to the bone....
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Brits back me up here...

So, after just saying in a certain thread, that I should brush up on my knowledge of zoology, specifically as I'd forgotten so much from the human evolution module, I start channel hopping, and BBC Four is showing part 3 of a series called 'your inner fish'. Part 3 is 'your inner monkey', all about our transition from monkey to man!

Gotta love coincidences...
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
            Brits back me up here...

So, after just saying in a certain thread, that I should brush up on my knowledge of zoology, specifically as I'd forgotten so much from the human evolution module, I start channel hopping, and BBC Four is showing part 3 of a series called 'your inner fish'. Part 3 is 'your inner monkey', all about our transition from monkey to man!

Gotta love coincidences...

LOL!

Not sure if you can find it online there, but Nature has a really good 3 part human evolution series on PBS...ah, here it is on youtube!

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
              LOL!

Not sure if you can find it online there, but Nature has a really good 3 part human evolution series on PBS...ah, here it is on youtube!

It's working on my phone! If I get time later, I'll check it out on the laptop. Thanks for sharing! The documentary I'm watching is pretty interesting. They were just talking about how our colour vision appeared, and now they're talking about Lucy.. the A. Afarensis I was talking about earlier.. and they're now about to speculate why she walked upright... As coincidences go, this is weird.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Bristol Palin. Only in America can someone whose mother is running for Vice President on a conservative platform get pregnant out of wedlock, make a reality show, dance with the stars, make over $200K/year preaching abstinence, and then get pregnant out of wedlock AGAIN. And all the same people who said Josh Duggar "made a mistake" are saying the same here.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Made myself a Fetlife account, just to see what the buzz is about. Found the lady at the pet store on it.

Yellowknife is too small for this stuff. A few months ago, I made a PoF account. I knew 1/4 of all the people on there.

I'm a little weirded out. But I also found the woman in town I have a HUGE crush on. So...that's great. Because now I have more reasons to be nervous to talk to her.

Mostly art.

Comment

I went to lie on the floor in front of the a/c. Napped out!
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Browsing through this site (so much information about Paganism, perhaps this link could be given to someone who doesn't quite comprehend what we believe in) and I realised I still hold some beliefs that are not so Pagan at core (Life-affirming religion? Yes, sure.). Not that it was a bad thing (or that there was any kind of 100% pagan/not-pagan dichotomy) but it makes me realise there's still a lot of contemplation to do.

Ugh I don't want to go to the police. I just want to stay inside and finish that comic about a fancy gentlemen's club where people are required to wear sheephead costumes. And when I googled I found this deluxe sheep mask. Oh deer and the other wild critters in the woods, deluxe.
                      baah.

Comment

Browsing through this site (so much information about Paganism, perhaps this link could be given to someone who doesn't quite comprehend what we believe in) and I realised I still hold some beliefs that are not so Pagan at core (Life-affirming religion? Yes, sure.). Not that it was a bad thing (or that there was any kind of 100% pagan/not-pagan dichotomy) but it makes me realise there's still a lot of contemplation to do.

Ugh I don't want to go to the police. I just want to stay inside and finish that comic about a fancy gentlemen's club where people are required to wear sheephead costumes. And when I googled I found this deluxe sheep mask. Oh deer and the other wild critters in the woods, deluxe.
                        Sorry retired Navy but the image of sheep costumes gave me a chuckle as it reminded me of the blow up sheep sex toys I saw on ship a few times as gag gifts. Well I hope they were gag gifts but with some of the things I saw in some foreign ports one can not be sure.
                        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                          Sorry retired Navy but the image of sheep costumes gave me a chuckle as it reminded me of the blow up sheep sex toys I saw on ship a few times as gag gifts. Well I hope they were gag gifts but with some of the things I saw in some foreign ports one can not be sure.
                          Oh those. (Why do I instantly know what you were talking about..) Apparently they even make the sheep noises... Kind of gross. (But the baa-ing blow up sheep with one hole was a big joke amongst my questionable 'comrades' once. Not that any of us actually owned the thing, it was just a red herring that got thrown into a discussion with no reason at all.)
                          baah.

Comment

Thinking of asmr podcasts on my mp3 to help me sleep. Anyone have any experience with this? I kinda like the basic whispering stuff like office visits etc. I'm not keen on the crinkly noises. Soft voices seem to keep my mind off....well my mind.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

There is a thing named psychotropic music,kinda weird sounds,but in my experience it does help with the mind soothing.

Check this out

Searched ASMR thing,and kinda sounds similar.
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Guys...the air is smoky.

Not again.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X