X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
    I'm thinking that I need every bit of positive energy you can send my way for the next 24 hours. I have a chance at a possible once in a lifetime position and I want it so bad I can taste it. So if you have any to spare send a kind thought my way please.

...I'm gonna go do some more planning and going over my list now, and try not to freak myself out to much.
    Total best luck to you!
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'm thinking that I need every bit of positive energy you can send my way for the next 24 hours. I have a chance at a possible once in a lifetime position and I want it so bad I can taste it. So if you have any to spare send a kind thought my way please.

...I'm gonna go do some more planning and going over my list now, and try not to freak myself out to much.
      Good luck!
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I hope you get the position!

Comment

Thinking about smoking, and how it should be simply banned, period. Ugh, it reeks, sticks in your clothes even if you're not the one doing it, gets in your hair ... and I'm not even caring about the health bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
            Thinking about smoking, and how it should be simply banned, period. Ugh, it reeks, sticks in your clothes even if you're not the one doing it, gets in your hair ... and I'm not even caring about the health bit.
            Yes. People are so odd about their right to do it, when it's just not like anything else. If you're drinking or even sticking a needle in your arm, it doesn't affect me unless you spill something on me. But smoke is pervasice. This is my issue with legalizing marijuana - I have no problem with the edible ways but I don't want smoke on me. Around here people can still smoke in most restaurants etc., so there are a lot of places I haven't been! You have the right to do something, but not to do it to me.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking that the mindset justifying the stomping-out of unpopular groups is a thing we need to grow beyond. Meaningful compromise is so much better.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                I'm thinking that the mindset justifying the stomping-out of unpopular groups is a thing we need to grow beyond. Meaningful compromise is so much better.
                Unpopular? Nah.....the unpopular kids are usually the coolest!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  Unpopular? Nah.....the unpopular kids are usually the coolest!
                  LMAO - unless they smoke...

Comment

LMAO - unless they smoke...
                    My friend here disagrees.

Comment

I'm unpopular because I have breathing issues and very reactive eyes and can't be around smoke, be it incense, tobacco, whatever. I don't care if people want to do that stuff, just let me know and I'll stay out of the place. And keep it off MY property!
                      sigpic

Comment

Sorry about the breathing issues and the sensitive eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                          I'm unpopular because I have breathing issues and very reactive eyes and can't be around smoke, be it incense, tobacco, whatever. I don't care if people want to do that stuff, just let me know and I'll stay out of the place. And keep it off MY property!
                          And if a person has basic good manners, he/she will curb those activities in your presence. That's "meaningful compromise" coming from both sides.

And your property is your property, and you should make the rules. But if someone were to tell me I can't smoke on my property, that is bad. It violates a basic principle of mutual respect. I'm 100% with you there.

Comment

And if a person has basic good manners, he/she will curb those activities in your presence. That's "meaningful compromise" coming from both sides.

To be honest, when it comes to smoke, it's impossible to "curb". I've had friends light up outside - you can't control the wind. They think they're blowing it away from me but it's there...until the next shower/shampoo/washing of clothing. Most people who smoke, use perfume a lot, etc., become immune. They don't notice trace amounts that can send someone into an asthma attack.

It's like having a peeing section in a swimming pool, kind of. You can stay at the other end, any get less of it, but never none. I'll just stay out of the water! LOL
                            sigpic

Comment

By "curb," I actually meant "not do, control the desire to."

For example, if I were at your house, I'd not smoke at all. Your rules trump my urges. Nor would I expect you to change those rules in order to be nice to me. After all, the smell does linger.

If you were a guest at my house, knowing you have a sensitivity to smoke, I'd excuse myself for five minutes and go far enough away (down wind ) that I would not disturb you (if you were there for several hours), or not smoke at all (if I could hold off for the duration of your visit). That is my idea of good manners.

Comment

It is hard for non smokers(I am now a non smoker because I did the electronic ones for a bit) to understand how the withdrawal can feel,it is REALLY nasty and to be true most of us who started smoking back in the very early 60's found the practice very pervasive and pushed by the media a LOT. These days when it is frowned upon quite a lot,we have tried to be polite in our habit. I wonder if in some future place this will become a thing about coffee consumption...times change and social moors also change.

There is a kind of backlash with food now too,get the bad stuff out,even if it means no flavor period...oh well,I will be dead and gone before that most likely.
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X