This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Yeah... Every time I try to quit I end up digging stubbies out of the car ashtray. Stop smoking methods e-cigs, gum, etc. work fine until I get stressed...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I smoked for over 50 years,and the quitting was hard,even now I sometime get the urge..and it has been over 8 months...
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        Yeah... Every time I try to quit I end up digging stubbies out of the car ashtray. Stop smoking methods e-cigs, gum, etc. work fine until I get stressed...
        I'm sorry about your addiction, Corbin. I hope you'll be able to quit someday.

Comment

I can't remember the guy's name at the moment (it'll come to me; I can picture his face) - a bigtime tv reporter said he hadn't smoked in many years but 9/11 sent him running for a pack.

Peter Jennings! That's it!
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I will tell you a little story as to my mood and demeanor when I was living with roommates(4) I ran out of smokes,and my roommates all chipped in to buy me some,because as they said "You are very scary when you are not smoking" True story kidds..but I am much better now cause I am now way old..and would have a hard time beating anyone to death..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I'd be scary with roommates. I'm definitely my own duck in my own pond.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Thank you all for the positive thoughts. I am super happy and proud of how it went. I'll know something by the end of next week.
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Insurance companies have such bad music when you're put on hold.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                    Loan companies, too.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Loan companies, too.
                      And all that just to be told they won't cover either of the procedures I wanted to get done because they're "cosmetic." Apparently cysts sitting on nerves are now cosmetic.

-.- Awesome health insurance my backside.

Comment

And all that just to be told they won't cover either of the procedures I wanted to get done because they're "cosmetic." Apparently cysts sitting on nerves are now cosmetic.

That's the new health plan, make sure you have health care and save money by refusing to approve any actual health care. But hey we meet the requirement of the health care law. My son needs MRI's of both his knee's so his health care provider says yes we'll approve one knee then resubmit 30 days later for the other knee. They actually approved him for one knee and disapproved him for the other and had to cancel his appointment because of it. Can't approve both at the same time so they can be done at the same time. And people wonder why I dislike this new health care system so much and state I lost so much in its passage.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure how many times I actually quite before I finally just put them down and stopped. One boat, ie submarine, I was on got extended on station and people started to run out of smokes, actually saw a single pack go for twenty dollars and a cartoon for a couple of hundred. Even stale old Winston's that that been on the barge went for a lot of money at the end. Been probably 15 - 18 years since I just put them down and stopped and only during the first few months did I ever desire a smoke. At the time I quit I was doing a pack to a pack and a half a day.

Just my own opinion but I found most smokers always quit for someone else not themselves so it's a struggle to actually give it up. Until they want to do it for themselves they say one thing but feel something else.

- - - Updated - - -

You ever notice that even in person the background music always sucks and makes you want to leave right away. Doesn't matter it seems, if you want something from them it sucks and seems to want to drive you out and make you forget about it.
                        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Kinda excited, kinda nervous- getting stuff set up to reopen my studio on the 1st of next month. Gotta get a bunch of stuff ready, stuff made up, and looking into making a digital catalog of my stuff as well. Also planning on a reopening sale code for both my storenvy (commissions and premade stuff) and my cafepress (tshirts, mugs, journals, puzzles-stuff made and printed by them) and hopefully get the ball rolling again for finally making some money with my studio again.
                          Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                          Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                          sigpic

Comment

Were they Ganglion cysts because I had one and has it removed by surgery.

Why insurance would not cover that is beyond me,they hurt like hell,and were considered work related because I worked a lot with my hands.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                              That's the new health plan, make sure you have health care and save money by refusing to approve any actual health care. But hey we meet the requirement of the health care law. My son needs MRI's of both his knee's so his health care provider says yes we'll approve one knee then resubmit 30 days later for the other knee. They actually approved him for one knee and disapproved him for the other and had to cancel his appointment because of it. Can't approve both at the same time so they can be done at the same time. And people wonder why I dislike this new health care system so much and state I lost so much in its passage.
                              What the ... duck? Why would they ever disprove that? Because MRI's are purely a cosmetic thing and are only used to treat cosmetic and non-important medical things... How much stupid is floating around in the air right now?

This probably belongs in the rants category, but it's relevant. :P

I talked to the hubbster about the lack of medical coverage and we're thinking about taking the home remedy approach to my cyst. That is, leaving it the hell alone and hoping the lack of joint aggravation will lessen the inflammation issue going on. I'm not sure how plausible it is given my job, but there will be about 3 months in the near future where I'll be out of work so it's an opportune time to try it out.

In the past couple years I've shelled out thousands on dental work that we HAD to have done (wisdom tooth extraction in mid 20's because of pain, removing broken teeth, removing rotten teeth). You know, things that really had to be seen to sooner than later. Just because of the lack of proper health insurance. And then we finally got (what I thought was) decent health coverage and I'm still paying oodles for dental work.

I shouldn't complain too much. At least I'm not shelling out $400 a month on the cheapest asthma inhalers available anymore. But if you add up what I pay for coverage a month, plus what I still pay for the inhalers, the numbers aren't spectacularly different.

Comment

One Doc just told me,smash it with a BIG book...Modern medicine...sure Modern...where are the leeches huh...that would work right?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X