This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

...hubby's transfer date is 18 october. Also, I got an interview for the available position down there. Fingers crossed, buecause it would make things easier.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

About how much I enjoyed making prayer beads and such near the beginning of my path, and how I'd like to do it again. Which is why I'm currently sniping cheap bead auctions on ebay.
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
        How do you full time working people get shit done? ...another day of work finished. I have a ton of stuff to do at home tonight. You know what I wanna do? Eat chips on the couch.

Working for the government is ruining my liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife

I have very few friends outside of work. I am honestly lucky KP works in the same industry and place I work. We don't work together but we are there at the same time so I get to see him every now and then through out the work week. Lol we eat like crap because after a 10 hour day who wants to go home and make a full meal. I generally have laundry that could be done and a house that could be a little cleaner but I keep my kitchen clean and my dogs fed and happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        ...hubby's transfer date is 18 october. Also, I got an interview for the available position down there. Fingers crossed, buecause it would make things easier.
        Fingers are crossed!
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

How terribly fragile and impotent Baldur's Gate 1 characters are when you're used to Baldur's Gate 2. I'm being warded off by spells that I'm used to wiping out in the first 3 seconds of a fight and I'm not appreciating it.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
            Somebody doesn't want to go to sleep at bedtime, I've switched off this hour with daddy trying to get the little one down, but she doesn't want to go to bed.
            We used to hold our babies and dance around to Patti Smith's High on Rebellion, or Harry Belafonti's version of the Banana Boat Song until they got exhausted and fell asleep.

Also, if my wife and I sang Shine On Harvest Moon in harmony, with K'Roe singing into one ear and me singing into the other, we could put them into a trance.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Yeh B.De,and also Thal,the wheels have begun to turn,,here is to smooth sailing and calm seas...
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm kind of sad. Or mad. Nop. I'm disappointed. Our wedding is a month and some days away. We invited 43 people to dinner. 19 are coming, 10 haven't answered yet... that leaves 14 people who aren't coming. 5 of those are because of health issues, which I completely understand. But the rest are people who have all gone "can I bring *insert partner whom we've never met.*?" We've got a budget, and the restaurant is small, but we've said they're welcome in church... so they're not coming at all... I'm offended. And a bit sad. All of our invited friends are coming even though they can't bring their partners, but our family can't be bothered to...
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                  I'm kind of sad. Or mad. Nop. I'm disappointed. Our wedding is a month and some days away. We invited 43 people to dinner. 19 are coming, 10 haven't answered yet... that leaves 14 people who aren't coming. 5 of those are because of health issues, which I completely understand. But the rest are people who have all gone "can I bring *insert partner whom we've never met.*?" We've got a budget, and the restaurant is small, but we've said they're welcome in church... so they're not coming at all... I'm offended. And a bit sad. All of our invited friends are coming even though they can't bring their partners, but our family can't be bothered to...
                  Something I learned from organising events, is that you have to be persistent with your answers. So in this case, for instance you have to push the people you invited to give you their answer so you will know for sure how many of them are about to come. Sort of - to "sit on their head", metaphorically speaking. It's not easy and sometimes inconvenient or unpleasant but necessary. And also pays off.

- - - Updated - - -

I know you want all of them to come, but remember that those who won't be there, won't share your happiness. They are the ones in loss, not you.
                  "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I know of people who have refused to go to a friend's wedding reception because it was "dry" (no alcohol). It makes me question what "friendship" is to them...
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Oh I'm pushing Gleb spending the day calling and texting people... I'm just annoyed. A tad hurt that it's not important enough if they can't bring someone.

Ah B.de we may have forgotten to mentio that the reception is alcohol free ^^ we're serving non alcoholic cider. Not interestedin people being drunk before dinner. There will be wine and beer at dinner though.
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Comment

It's hard to plan events with any kinds of rules. Stick to your guns - you'll have a better time with a smaller group anyway!
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Oh I'm pushing Gleb spending the day calling and texting people... I'm just annoyed. A tad hurt that it's not important enough if they can't bring someone.

Ah B.de we may have forgotten to mentio that the reception is alcohol free ^^ we're serving non alcoholic cider. Not interestedin people being drunk before dinner. There will be wine and beer at dinner though.
                          Whatever happens, they lose. Not you. Non alcoholic cider? That's new.
                          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I have officially given my unoffical notice to the boss and his boss.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                              Whatever happens, they lose. Not you. Non alcoholic cider? That's new.
                              It's good. I always drank it as a kid ok... it has an alcohol percent of 0.05 or something like that. You get sick from too much fluid way before you get drunk. But it still tastes like cider
                              What babe?
                              The babe with the power
                              What power?
                              The Power of voodoo
                              Who do?
                              You do!
                              Do what?
                              Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                                I have officially given my unoffical notice to the boss and his boss.

So does that make it an offi...???

Never mind. It'll prolly just confuse me...

- - - Updated - - -

It's good. I always drank it as a kid ok... it has an alcohol percent of 0.05 or something like that. You get sick from too much fluid way before you get drunk. But it still tastes like cider
                                In the US, cider was just squeezed apple juice, with no fermentation (unless you left it out too long - a common trick amongst us bad kids), and is just recently been rediscovered as an alcoholic beverage... which it was, before prohibition...

I was just at Uncle John's Cider Mill last weekend, enjoying samples (I ended up buying two bottles, but of wine, not cider).

Comment

Working...
                                X