X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
    Oh. Well, dammit, Corbin, why you gotta go around being all white and male? Don't you know better?!! Etsy knows better. Sheesh.
    I know, I know! I just can't help myself!

I need an intervention.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
      Well - full disclosure - they told me I can't use it 'cause I'm a white guy. They said it more PC, though.

Oh yeah. I'm not supposed to tell anyone they said this...

P.S. Funny thing is that I bought the box of ivory pieces off Etsy in the first place.

We live in an odd world.
      You should post the email.... Seriously, so we can send some crazy ones to etsy too, ya know cause were nuts like that...
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I'm with Hawkfeathers, on research and writing. I'm also interested in joining the Save The Mammoth movement. I wonder if there's a local chapter.

Plus, I'm thinking that writing papers for kids would have been highly lucrative for me, if I could have just minimized my writing style and language use. Ah well. As it is, D's and F's all around are probably better than what I would have put to paper. I don't much recall teachers and writing instructors ever being at all impressed with my "unique" butchering and reassembly of the English language.

And I totally forgot what I was thinking about when I opened the thread. It might have had something to do with nekkid dancing and bonfires. But it didn't.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

You guys crack me up.

The progression of the last three pages is gold. lol

(And personally, I earned cred in high school forging sick notes for my classmates. In hindsight I should have thought to charge for it...)

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
            You should post the email.... Seriously, so we can send some crazy ones to etsy too, ya know cause were nuts like that...
            I was specifically told not to mention the email, so I'm already bad. I have to stay in their good graces, though, because I make money through Etsy.

BUT here is their prohibited items list:

What animal products are prohibited?

Mammoths seem to fall into the endangered species category.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
              You guys crack me up.

The progression of the last three pages is gold. lol

(And personally, I earned cred in high school forging sick notes for my classmates. In hindsight I should have thought to charge for it...)
              I'm pretty good at copying signatures and stuff. Of course I never used that talent for anything remotely improper.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

SSH Tunnels are great. VNC will work for what I'm looking for and hillariously small details f things up.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm pretty sure that this is my one thousandth post!!!! :bounce:
                  Glad to still be around, everybody

- - - Updated - - -

Well, at least it should be. I was on 997 and then I made 3 more posts. Maybe the counter hasn't caught up yet. *Shrugs*
                  Still excited.

Comment

Were two posts in either Intros or Lols? Nothing posted in those sections will add to your official post count.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

It's my last day off for about 2 weeks. I think I'm going to take a walk and then laze about the house in my pj's playing the game console or ESO or reading or working on my tattoo.. basically anything that keeps me from thinking about my upcoming challenge.

Also, I learned how to cut my own hair yesterday so now I can cut that expense out of the budget.

Comment

A completely undefended modem. Why?!?!? I know who set the thing up, he should know better.

Comment

I received a rejection letter regarding my application for a rather large scholarship. I was fairly sure I at least had a shot at it but I guess not. It's too bad since it would've covered the last bit I needed.
                          Circe

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                            Were two posts in either Intros or Lols? Nothing posted in those sections will add to your official post count.
                            Oh, well that explains that.

Comment

Well, here's to the start of a beautiful (I mean agonizing) 500km. Or as I like to think of it as "The journey of "shut up, legs"".

So I guess I should say my goodbyes. lol

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                                Well, here's to the start of a beautiful (I mean agonizing) 500km. Or as I like to think of it as "The journey of "shut up, legs"".

So I guess I should say my goodbyes. lol
                                Ouch, I'm in pain thinking of that distance. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X