X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by iris View Post
    I still understand German I got sick of the Danish news so I found ZDF. I haven't used German for about 4 years, but I still understand yay
    What's your secret? I've forgotten almost everything, which sucks because the year of night classes I took when I came back from Germany, weren't exactly cheap. I was a long way off from fluent though, so maybe that's why I forgot everything so readily??
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Jem, I think it's because Dutch is a bit similar to German.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
        Jem, I think it's because Dutch is a bit similar to German.
        I guess that would help! A colleage and I were talking about German a few nights ago. He used to study the language too, and has also forgotten almost everything. Ever since that conversation, I've had a German song stuck in my head, but I don't remamber the lyrics. It's driving me mad!!
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

That happens. I listened to a song of Nightwish as a kid and I still remember the melody. -a few years later- I found the song.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Kiesha'ra
            Going in for spinal surgery Monday after slipping and falling down the stairs. I have a lovely spinal compression fracture on the same vertebrae I fractured last year. So I get a vertebroplasty surgery. At least the recovery is quick but I get several months of yoga and physical therapy. So. Much. Pain right now. I'm to young for this shit.

Ouch. Sounds painful. I hope it goes smoothly.

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
            Ever since that conversation, I've had a German song stuck in my head, but I don't remamber the lyrics. It's driving me mad!!
            Now I have 99 Luftballons stuck in my head.

When it comes to languages, I just realised some time ago that I still understand some Russian. I started studying it when I was 11 and quit when I was 16 or something like that (the last three years I didn't learn a thing, I was a stupid teenager) but still I can read and understand some basic things. I wish I had continued with it...
            And a couple of days ago I watched a video of a live performance by a Chinese artist and could actually understand some words the hosts of the show were saying! Yay! I was proud of myself. For a second. (I'm the kind of person who doesn't speak any language well but knows bits and pieces of a couple of them.)
            baah.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
              What's your secret? I've forgotten almost everything, which sucks because the year of night classes I took when I came back from Germany, weren't exactly cheap. I was a long way off from fluent though, so maybe that's why I forgot everything so readily??
              I started learning it when I was 13^^ so I had it in school for 5 years, I liked German teen magazines better than Danish ones so I read a lot og German. And spent a lot of time in Germany when I was a kid. I also just have a weird memory and a gift for learning languages.

And Gleb, yea I think Dutch might sound a bit like German at times but I don't speak Dutch. I speak Danish not the same thing.
              You remind me of the babe
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I'm heartbroken, and at a loss for words towards one of my coworkers, who works the overnight shift.

Last night in the middle of the night, a man broke into her home she shares with her partner and child while they were sleeping. Her boyfriend was shot in his sleep, the baby unharmed. By law she was required to wait for staff to relieve her, or face neglect charges. She waited for two hours. By the time she got to the hospital he was gone.

Send positive thoughts out into the world today my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
                  I'm heartbroken, and at a loss for words towards one of my coworkers, who works the overnight shift.

Last night in the middle of the night, a man broke into her home she shares with her partner and child while they were sleeping. Her boyfriend was shot in his sleep, the baby unharmed. By law she was required to wait for staff to relieve her, or face neglect charges. She waited for two hours. By the time she got to the hospital he was gone.

That's horrifying. I'm so sorry for your coworker. Definitely sending positive and healing thoughts to her and the baby.
                  She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

^^ same here. How awful.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

My brother and sister in law are ruining their kids lives and it just breaks my heart, but there is nothing I can do.
                      ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

You can try to take part in the kids' education as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                          You can try to take part in the kids' education as well.
                          Not an option, considering these people think I'm a horrible parent and that my kids are awful, and they avoid me like the plague. Otherwise I would in a heartbeat.
                          ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

It becomes tricky Gleb,here in the States a parent can stop even a close relative from seeing or interacting with their child. Child abuse laws are strict as to what defines it. It would have to be proven that the parents were abusing the child,children. It has happened where grandparents got custody,but even then it would take time in court. Also one must define abuse,some religious practice "Might" for some seem abusive..Look at the whole Dugger's thing.
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

This has really struck me deeply. It is actually one of the things I'd imagine over and over when my anxiety was at it's worst. I too work nights, and have been in the position of being unable to leave right away, and see JP after he'd been mugged and was in hospital with a broken leg. The anxiety probably started around then. For a while, I'd feel absolute terror as I put the key in the door, in case I came in and found him butchered in his bed. I would imagine seeing my cat walk up the hall through the glass door, and noticing she's covered in blood.

So please believe me when I say I've been deeply, deeply shocked by this and my deepest most heartfelt prayers go out to her and her poor innocent baby. I've another prayer for you too, as I imagine this will have affected you as well. I know I would take it very badly if something like that happened to a colleage. I'm so, so sorry.

Comment

I am sooooooo very sorry..
                                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Working...
                                X