This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Fleas!!!! It seems we have an infestation of damn fleas. I have bombed the house twice flea bathed the boys, vacuumed, rubbed the boys down with apple cider vinegar and put bowls with soapy water and a candle on the floor to catch them. Yet they still live. Ugh someone save me.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
      Fleas!!!! It seems we have an infestation of damn fleas. I have bombed the house twice flea bathed the boys, vacuumed, rubbed the boys down with apple cider vinegar and put bowls with soapy water and a candle on the floor to catch them. Yet they still live. Ugh someone save me.
      get them each 3 months of Vectra (topical flea and tick, kills ALL stages of fleas) a bit pricey but so worth it. All bedding and clothing should be washed then put in bags as well as stuffed toys if you have any. Vacuum and Then bomb again or call a professional service.

Comment

This is the first year in a loooong time that my girls haven't gotten fleas. In the past I've gone with diatomaceous earth (got it at the hardware store) and cedar chips.

Comment

Oh and get them tested and treated for tape worms. Flea bites cause intestinal worms.

Comment

I started to not feel well last night before bed. I woke up still not feeling great. Not sick exactly, but suuuuuper burnt out. After an hour in bed, made the executive decision that maybe I should stay home, because one day off is better than 4 once I get sick.

Called boss, told him I'm not feeling well, but if there was a pressing deadline, I'd make an effort to come in today to finish it. Tells me...he'll call me back.

...so....am I getting ready for work? If he calls back and decides I need to come in, I'll be late for work if I don't get ready now.

Mostly art.

Comment

Get ready for my flea lecture... lol

The eggs and pupae are in your carpet, bedding and under your couch cushions... badically any sheltered fabric fibres where your pets have come in contact. And those suckers can lay dormant for up to 6 months... and worse, 95% of products will NOT kill eggs or pupae. Eggs and pupae are stimulated to hatch by heat and vibration, which is why you see more in spring and summer or in humid climates.

So... crank the heaters in your house for a few hours THEN vacuum, including the couches etc. Vacuuming doesn't actually suck them up, it just provides the vibrations to stimulate the hatch. Then wash ALL bedding and cushion covers in HOT water. Temps of 60-90C should 'kill' eggs and pupae.

Flea bombs usually only kill adults, so it's best to stimulate a hatch first. Flea baths only kill whats on the pet at the time and have no lasting affect (and are usually older class drugs which some populations are resistant to). 'Natural remedies' are generally deterrants at best and are unfortunately not much help when you have an infestation. A good quality spot on product is best, preferrably on that treats all stages of the life cycle. But you'll still need to treat for at least 3 months in a row. You may also see a population boom at around 4-6 weeks... this is common and relates to the number of male vs female fleas. It doesn't necessarily mean your product isn't working so don't give up too quickly.

Fleas can take a long time to get rid of (sorry!) and can be really frustrating. Some people get lucky and boot them steaight away. Others can fight for months. But try the above to speed up the process. Good luck!

Comment

It's raining! FINALLY!! We never get rain here :-D
                She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

I had a really good confession earlier and now (that I have time to document it) I can't remember it.
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Too the woman at the occult shop giving me B.S. about my path.

FB_IMG_1434462299291.jpg

Oh and this for good meaure....

34f0530513668be5b69bd996f10e797c2944b9292f5e05f70c24db33a4bbf1e6.jpg

Comment

Should I go to bed (relatively) early tonight, or should I stay up and work?
                      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I think I miss my libido... I think my boyfriend misses it too...
                        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Ah the smell of fresh coffee after a morning cycle.

Comment

Just picked up my wedding dress 17 days to go.
                            You remind me of the babe
                            What babe?
                            The babe with the power
                            What power?
                            The Power of voodoo
                            Who do?
                            You do!
                            Do what?
                            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Day three of my 'help Mum to get the flat market-ready' is over, and I feel like I could sleep for a week already. There's so much yet to do. My head is spinning just thinking about it. We're thinning out her possessions too so it doesn't look cluttered, and where do all those extra boxes go? Why, my place of course... Good job we have tall ceilings here, and don't already keep stuff on top of the wardrobes..

Will be all worth it if she gets a quick sale and a decent price.
                              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Why is grad school so expensive?

Comment

Working...
                                X