This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

I too watch her channel. It is a great help for my depression and stress. Sometimes I just put it on full screen and watch them play!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I need to find someone to take care of my hedgehog for a week. We'll be gone for 7 weeks, I have someone for 6 of those weeks. Fingers crossed my coworker will be interested or the vet will be able to offer some kind of short-term boarding and care for exotics.

Comment

I caved in, I'm on a diet! (a_a)

Went clothes shopping late yesterday afternoon. I knew I'd gained more weight than I'd have liked, but it wasn't until I was in the changing rooms with those 360 degree mirrors that I realised how bad I looked. I'm a healthy weight, but I have a very thick skeleton which doesn't carry extra padding very well (I had flab rolls on my back where my bra was too tight, and my ass was pouring out of my knickers at every seam).

This isn't a return to my old ways by any stretch, I know at the end of this I won't look like those stick thin teenagers I've been trying to look like ever since I wasn't a stick thin teenager, but I've decided to shake off a few pounds before it turns back into my old pattern of thinking and behaving. I really do think I just got carried away and overindulged once I'd stopped restricting food, and if you include the alcohol I drink, I most certainly went over 2000 cals some days (and as I'm short and my job fairly sedentary, I should really be eating no more than 1800 cals).

So as of this morning, I'll follow the cabbage soup diet for a week for damage control, then just go back to eating as I was but with far less alcohol after that. This seemed like the healthiest diet for me, as you don't restrict your food intake, only the variety. As everything you eat is so fresh, healthy and easy on the stomach (not so sure about the banana and milk day though), I guess it's a lot like a detox, only without restrictions on quantity!
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Good luck Jembru! As long as you are healthy (And it sounds like you are planning on staying that way!) it sounds like you have a good plan in mind. ^^

Today is the first time in about two weeks I'm going to spend an extended amount of time with my mom, after she royally pushed every button I have. And believe me, it's extremely hard to make me say "I'm done" with someone. So I have to walk a fine line with her if I want to have a relationship. *sigh*
          ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Today's starting off as one of those no good deed goes unpunished days. I'm clocking out for four hours, then back in for 16. I need to stay positive.

Comment

I'm still thinking about Cassidy, that little bi-pawdal kitten. If that tiny guy, his leg stumps so infected, probably in constant pain, with fleas, outside with just his brother for help, has such an amazing will to live that he made it through all that for 9 weeks, I don't understand how some humans simply give up just because their boyfriend or girlfriend broke up with them. I bet that he's going to make such a huge difference in someone's life <3

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                I'm still thinking about Cassidy, that little bi-pawdal kitten. If that tiny guy, his leg stumps so infected, probably in constant pain, with fleas, outside with just his brother for help, has such an amazing will to live that he made it through all that for 9 weeks, I don't understand how some humans simply give up just because their boyfriend or girlfriend broke up with them. I bet that he's going to make such a huge difference in someone's life <3
                Oh damn. My tired brain is turning to the emotional side after reading this. That kitten must be a tough one. <3

This train is not moving.
                ..oh wait. IT IS.
                Yay!
                (I checked the website of the national railway company and found an encouraging statistic "0/1 trains on schedule". How promising is that?)
                baah.

Comment

Looks like MysticWicks is coming back :-D

I admit, I do miss all the friends I had there.
                  She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

Originally posted by October View Post
                    Looks like MysticWicks is coming back :-D

I admit, I do miss all the friends I had there.
                    I know they tried 3 or 4 times already but to many issues from what I understand. Perhaps they've got them all worked out. Definitely will be a new group of individuals as I don't think to many stayed with the various migrations that went down
                    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                      I know they tried 3 or 4 times already but to many issues from what I understand. Perhaps they've got them all worked out. Definitely will be a new group of individuals as I don't think to many stayed with the various migrations that went down

Apparently, things have changed. But I hope there are others who have kept a weather eye on progress. I know we all scattered, but I live in hope that a lot of us will come back.

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

Would be nice but I think were also seeing the demise of a lot of forum based boards all over so will be difficult to get it back to its past glory and participation.

Comment

It's really sad, actually :-( I really don't like tumblr, and the Facebook groups creep me out :/

Comment

Originally posted by October View Post
                            It's really sad, actually :-( I really don't like tumblr, and the Facebook groups creep me out :/
                            Not big on facebook groups myself and the other formats I don't even mess with to be truthful. In many ways reminds me of the 80's when my elders always spoke about how paganism will go back underground as the faddiness of it wears off. I sort of see that in the aspect that tumblr and other social media groups come and go while many of the groups have sort of vanished.

Comment

It's really too bad. I like the forum format. I like that it is easy to talk to individuals or address everyone at a time. You can draw attention to yourself, or be part of a larger conversation. All the other formats feel very 'Me'-centred and I'm not that kind :/

Comment

I find a lot of them also have problems with conversation flow and following them a lot of times.

Comment

Working...
                                X