This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Shit. I'm in pain just thinking of one one-hundredth of that distance.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

V is a total masochist. Who knew? *shrug*
      May the wind be at your back, V.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

That awkward moment when someone writes Glen instead of Gleb... XD
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
          Well, here's to the start of a beautiful (I mean agonizing) 500km. Or as I like to think of it as "The journey of "shut up, legs"".

So I guess I should say my goodbyes. lol
          Fare thee well, Vol.

Comment

Well, here's to the start of a beautiful (I mean agonizing) 500km. Or as I like to think of it as "The journey of "shut up, legs"".

I'm jealous.
            "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

see you on the other side of piles of pain!
              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

My #2 daughter.

She is vegan, so I learned to cook for her, and check labels before I bought them.

I couldn't help noticing a trend toward manufacturing synthetic meats and cheeses, milks and eggs, using not farming, but chemical processing, at the same time as it is becoming fashionable and trendy to do it. Seems like society is switching to a synthetic diet...

The more radical people treat it like they are selling salvation*, while also condemning synthetic foods as if it where to be the end of humanity.

* though I know this doesn't apply to most vegetarians, vegans, or people who who experiment with different eating styles. Just the radicals. Don't get yer knickers in a bunch...
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I think our two obsessed cyclists should get together for a nice long* bike ride.

*Long: defined by the distance appreciated by said cyclists as "long", as opposed to, say, MY idea of a long bike ride.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I'm tired of everything being labeled 'gluten free'. Look at this water! Gluten free. More then half the poeple who are on these gluten free diets don't actually know what it is. Which sucks for those who really need not be eating it or they get very sick. Sadly it just makes me want to punch you. Like how when I see the word Vegan I wanna punch you.

Maybe I should put myself to bed now. K.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The Maracaibo Lighthouse.

Comment

So I woke up today just burnt like toast. Slept on both buses to work. Had oj for breakfast. I could NOT wake up. 4 days straight of this craptastic event. So I did the unthinkable. I took one of those 5 Hour Energy drink vials. I took half at first. And on an empty stomach. I was like a crack addict. Didn't eat lunch till 3:30pm. I literally walked off the sales floor. Told my boss if I don't eat right now, you are going to have to pick me up off the floor. I was dizzy with low blood sugar. I ate. Took the last of the vial. And I'm actually not dead.

I won't take it again because I know it's not good for my heart. But it was a friggin emergency! I'm going to sleep all day tomorrow. Because then I have to do the same shift for another 3 days in a row.

It's not in the rant section because I'm too popped to rant.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                          That awkward moment when someone writes Glen instead of Gleb... XD
                          Oi!! Haha that was auto correct!
                          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                          Seen the desert and the birds
                          You cut your hair short
                          Like a shush to an insult
                          The world had been yelling
                          Since the day you were born
                          Revolting with anger
                          While it smiled like it was cute
                          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                            I think our two obsessed cyclists should get together for a nice long* bike ride.

*Long: defined by the distance appreciated by said cyclists as "long", as opposed to, say, MY idea of a long bike ride.
                            How much actual bike riding do you think would occur?
                            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                            Seen the desert and the birds
                            You cut your hair short
                            Like a shush to an insult
                            The world had been yelling
                            Since the day you were born
                            Revolting with anger
                            While it smiled like it was cute
                            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                              How much actual bike riding do you think would occur?
                              Oh, I don't know. Cycling enthusiasts, to the core, I could pretty easily imagine the two of them taking part in a 500 mile run. In fact, my thoughts at the time of that previous post were like 3 times that, at the bare minimum. I just think it's an awful shame that our two biggest fans, both having participated in lengthy distance events, can't ever bike in the same event.

There was a time when I was depending on bicycles for all travel, 2 miles or 20 didn't matter. I loved cycling.

Comment

I like the way we refer to the governor general.

"His Excellency The Right Honourable David Johnston"

This is why I'm a monarchist, it shows Canadas heritage perfectly.

God save the Queen.
                                White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                                sigpic
                                In Days of yore,
                                From Britain's shore
                                Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                                And planted firm Britannia's flag
                                On Canada's fair domain.
                                Here may it wave,
                                Our boast, our pride
                                And joined in love together,
                                The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,