This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

You know there's a social convention that if there are plenty of free seats on the train you don't sit down next to someone. So why do I have 3 loud, burping, teen boys surrounding me? Go away... you're noisy.

Also. I'm getting married in 4 days. Yikes it's getting close.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Having a great day. Had a lie-in, got my washing on the line, did a wee bit of studying, discovered Simon is back (Yogcast), sat around online for an hour, and even managed to get my friends to agree on a plan for tonight. We're going for a few drinks and then a movie!

Well, better start getting myself sorted.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
        Also. I'm getting married in 4 days. Yikes it's getting close.
        Congrats, Iris! That's awesome

I've been using Evernote as my Book of Shadows for a while now, but I've been kind of missing having a physical book... I came across one of my old B.O.S. from when I was younger and it made me really want to have a current real world one.

A lot of my stuff is still in storage in my parents' basement in Upstate New York, so whenever they come to visit they bring some of my things down with them so I don't have to pay for a moving truck or something. In the last load, I got both that old B.O.S. and a blank journal that I had thought about turning into a B.O.S. eventually.

I think that has to be more than chance since my parents just grab random stuff... I'll keep using Evernote as the main B.O.S. just because it's so good at organizing information and I like being able to copy and paste stuff that I find online so easily without having to hand write everything, but I think I may start putting my favorite stuff down in the real world B.O.S. just because it feels nice to be holding a real book

Comment

I didn't get out of bed for 36 hours. Mostly sleeping, some reading. I just really don't feel like doing anything anymore.

So it's tea and movies today. Work tomorrow.

Comment

SleepingCompass, how can you use EverNote without it lagging and eating all the notes? (Okay, it was my macbook and it was about three years ago...)

I kind of want to have a BoS too. But one does need a religion for that. So perhaps I'll just write a book, longhand, on real paper, no editing. Like NaNoWriMo but hardcore.
            Speaking of NaNo, anyone participating?

And Iris, happy Bridezilla time!!
            baah.

Comment

I kind of want to have a BoS too. But one does need a religion for that. So perhaps I'll just write a book, longhand, on real paper, no editing. Like NaNoWriMo but hardcore.
              No you don't!!

Just call it your Commonplace Book. (a BoS, grimoire, whatever you have, is just a Commonplace Book with a Pagan theme)

(I'm totally bringing this back with a vengance, and if I ever write a Pagan book, I'm gonna call it A Pagan Commonplace Book)
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

SleepingCompass, how can you use EverNote without it lagging and eating all the notes? (Okay, it was my macbook and it was about three years ago...)

Speaking of NaNo, anyone participating?

And Iris, happy Bridezilla time!!

Comment

An interesting fact: Trevor Noah of the daily Show had 6 channels(part of CC and parent company) show is premier that made me think they were a bit unsure about his success.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I kinda like Larry Wilmore of the "nightly show" more...just my take,I like his style of political comedy.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingCompass View Post
                    A B.O.S, the way I understand it, is just a record of spiritual insights, thoughts and research... It's kind of whatever you want it to be! I don't think you have to have a particular religion to have one... I can't get Thalassa's link to load for some reason, but her alternate name sounds good
                    It didn't load for me this time either...I broke the internet.

Here's other info about the Commonplace Book (which also was called a Common Place-Book and a Common-Place-Book):

pics from a blog post

A Bit'o'History

Starting a Commonplace Book as a project

More stuff about Commonplace Books

A blog post or net article with some good pics
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Have never heard of a Commonplace Book before,interesting name and wondering how I missed such a thing.
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                        No you don't!!

Just call it your Commonplace Book. (a BoS, grimoire, whatever you have, is just a Commonplace Book with a Pagan theme)

(I'm totally bringing this back with a vengance, and if I ever write a Pagan book, I'm gonna call it A Pagan Commonplace Book)
                        Thanks! So there's a name for it! I have seen the light! (Which makes me think: why would most (?) people need a name or some kind of validation for an idea before they can do it?) Lol.

No problem, it was kind of an experiment anyway. I like to try new tech stuff but when it comes to notes I still prefer pen and paper and I like to keep my devices separate, although that instant access to my notes would be really convenient in some situations. (Pulling out a black notebook, not always so convenient. I've heard it looks quite shady.)

I've never finished NaNoWriMo either. The closest I got was 31 000 words, then I decided to quit. I'm an extremely slow writer and never written anything novel-length ever. But you can always try, you can't lose the game, you can only..... win or not. :P
                        And doesn't have to be a ready-to-publish novel quality either. I'm pretty sure they'd lock me up somewhere nice and quiet if I ever tried to publish it. (It doesn't even exist anymore. I don't store my writings very long...)
                        baah.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                          I'd never heard of a Commonplace Book before either; interesting stuff

I sort of do this with EverNote; I have a stack of notebooks from various sources of quotes I like. I have another stack of notebooks on various artists that I like. I make a new notebook or stack depending on how many levels I want to brake the notes down into of a bunch of different random projects. In the real world, I have a book filled with handwritten sheet music that I like to play on my various woodwinds.

It kind of makes me think of Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade with the father's grail journal...

Comment

I was taught, and I recommend to my students, to keep a "Book of Growth". It is simply a three ring binder (or any kind of book) in which you record lessons learned, goals achieved, and feelings about your studies and the affects they have upon you. Over the last 44+ years I have accumulated a few Books of Growth and I occasionally go back to see what I went through with lessons in my younger Pagan days.
                            The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                            I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Thalassa, I wanted to say that your commonplace book pictures were very pretty; I especially liked the first page of the tea book one with the little clock and teapot

(thread was locked so I couldn't post there; I figured this thread was generic enough that it wouldn't matter, plus, we were talking about them here earlier)

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingCompass View Post
                                Thalassa, I wanted to say that your commonplace book pictures were very pretty; I especially liked the first page of the tea book one with the little clock and teapot

(thread was locked so I couldn't post there; I figured this thread was generic enough that it wouldn't matter, plus, we were talking about them here earlier)
                                Thanks! I thought I had unlocked it, but modding by kindle is a pain in the rear and often prone to error
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X