This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Had my anal probe today, and a nice nap.

The Dr found no monster growths, so I'm good for the next 10 years.

After drinking a jug of laxative on Thursday, I had the only day of my life that I wasn't full of shit.

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

It's nice to know that the aliens decided to return you, B. de.

Comment

Quoting my hunny: "all farts are funny so they should all make funny sounds."
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
          It's nice to know that the aliens decided to return you, B. de.
          They didn't return me. They cloned me. The me you talk to today is not the me you spoke to last week.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I knew it,I knew it,its those reptilians,they are everywhere.... Trump is an alien frog creature ,right?...Opens the shelter and checks for enough food to last through the coming Lizard war against the greys......
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              I knew it,I knew it,its those reptilians,they are everywhere.... Trump is an alien frog creature ,right?...Opens the shelter and checks for enough food to last through the coming Lizard war against the greys......
              Nope - Trump is the shed mucus membrane of an alien frog creature...

Comment

Well,ok then......but still I thought that hair was kinda alien....

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  Well,ok then......but still I thought that hair was kinda alien....
                  That's just a disguise.

He's trying to look like a wart.

- - - Updated - - -

Remmie the Beagle had to go to the Dr today, because of a bad cough.

He got a mostly clean bill of health, but has a slightly enlarged heart - not bad enough to start heart meds.

So now he's on Benadril... and zomboid from it...

Comment

Thinking good thoughts for Thal down in I think NC or around where those floods are happening...Maybe SC. OK,Virginia,hoping it did not flood to bad.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Today was supposed to be my local Pagan festival, though the rain prevented it from happening. I was disappointed as I was supposed to meet up with some fellow Northern Tradition folks and have some lunch. As fate would have it rather then get rained on we decided to attend an October fest held by my old church.

Somehow the mixture of my old community and new spiritual kindred made me feel connected with humanity on a different level. I can't quite explain it, but it was nice.

Comment

encrypted online backup? awesome

upload times in a residential network? really not awesome
                        Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                          Remmie the Beagle had to go to the Dr today, because of a bad cough.

He got a mostly clean bill of health, but has a slightly enlarged heart - not bad enough to start heart meds.

So now he's on Benadril... and zomboid from it...
                          Did the vet ask you to do a resting respiration rate at home? That's where you count how many breaths they do in a minute (count for 15 seconds and multiply by 4 is perfectly acceptable... it's what we do!) when they're ASLEEP. It should be less than 20. If it's over 20, then you need to tell the vet as heart meds may be warranted (depending on the cause). It specifically needs to be done while they're asleep, because resp rate is naturally higher when awake, even if 'resting' (10-30 is 'normal' for a resting awake dog).

There are some really compelling studies out at the moment regarding diagnostic factors for chronic heart enlargement cases. This is fairly recent (in the last 12 months), so it may not have filtered through to some smaller vets with no new-grads.

The resting resp rate is now considered to be more useful than an x-ray alone when determining when to start dogs on meds. There are a few other factors that we look at, but the studies about resting resp rate have made the entire process much more cut and dry than it used to be. We now have a benchmark to use in those early cases where it's hard to know whether to start meds or not (x-ray shows enlargement +/- high grade murmur but no clinical signs of heart failure). An increased resting respiration rate is considered the first clinical sign and will usually show up before you get lung congestion, coughing and exercise intolerance.

This is a handy website with a link to an app that we recommend the owners of all our cardiology patients use.

Comment

Another thing to consider for your beagle is a cardiac ultrasound with a board certified animal cardiologist ( usually on referral to a specialty clinic). We did that with our last shepherd who had a grade 4 murmer rather than X-rays.

Comment

I believe there is a conspiracy about. Every time paganism is published in mainstream media it is treated as a taboo/unhealthy thing, and I think it's done on purpose because if you make the public think a religion or faith is a childish phase or a mental illness related issue, then nobody will view it as a legitimate alternative to mainstream religions/atheism, or even look into it at all. Not that mainstream religions or atheism are bad, but I've noticed when people talk about religion outside of the pagan community, people almost always mean Christianity. Religion is used hand in hand with Christianity. I've heard people say "I'm not religious, I never really read the bible." It's like, thats literally one religion.

And then whenever paganism makes it to the news, its usually some mentally deranged individual who killed his children for some terrible offshoot non legitimate satanism ritual, or some poor misled kids who act really strange and use paganism as an outlet for rebellion. Very rarely will you see "Joe Schmoe the carpenter with two kids who happens to be a pagan." Cause nooooo, no way a pagan could be a tax paying citizen without murder fantasies. Therefore why would Sally the ex-christian ever look into paganism, she's not a criminal, there is nothing in it for her.

Conspiracies abound.
                              White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                              sigpic
                              In Days of yore,
                              From Britain's shore
                              Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                              And planted firm Britannia's flag
                              On Canada's fair domain.
                              Here may it wave,
                              Our boast, our pride
                              And joined in love together,
                              The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                              The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                                Did the vet ask you to do a resting respiration rate at home? That's where you count how many breaths they do in a minute (count for 15 seconds and multiply by 4 is perfectly acceptable... it's what we do!) when they're ASLEEP. It should be less than 20. If it's over 20, then you need to tell the vet as heart meds may be warranted (depending on the cause). It specifically needs to be done while they're asleep, because resp rate is naturally higher when awake, even if 'resting' (10-30 is 'normal' for a resting awake dog).
                                No - but thanks! I'll do that.

In every other way he seems perfectly fine...

Comment

Working...
                                X