X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
    Unfortunately, that doesn't really mean anything to me. Or at least, it didn't until I looked it up, since I was unfamiliar with it. Now, though, it does make sense.

"Alu" is a combination of Ansuz, Laguz, and Uruz, and can be basically translated into the word "ale", though that is it's mundane usage. While the word itself is "ale", the meaning behind the three runes together is rather quite different. Knowledge, balance, and strength creates a rather nice general bit of protection sort of bindrune, and the usage of the word when spoken is galdr, an incantation for such. In the mundane, ale is used for celebration, offerings, and toasts.

"LaukaR" itself can be translated to mean "leek" or "garlic". Again, it's a blending of the runes used and tapping into the vibrations of each of them. In addition to the three above, you've got Kenaz and Raido, which could be "cleansing fire" or "inspiration" and "a journey", respectively. In the mundane, leeks and garlic have been used for cleansing, flavour, and in healing.

So, throwing it all together, it could be looked at as "protection and guidance upon your new path", which is pretty appropriate for a wedding. Of course, this is how I look at it, and as with most things of an esoteric nature, pretty much everything anyone says is widely up for debate.
    Thank you I googled it, but I came up with mostly song lyrics... wasn't much help. My curiousity has been sparked by it. I thought I recognized the symbols, but the way they are written I couldn't quite make them out. Anyway thanks.

And thank you everyone. I promise I'll put up a few pictures when I get the time to look through them
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Feeling super stressed about volunteer stuff.

Mostly art.

Comment

Congrats, iris, on the wedding! Any pics?

I kind of agree. The same with Paulo Coelho.
        Neither authors really appealed to me, or any new age/rah-rah inspirational author for that matter. Colossal waste of paper and time.

Comment

^true that. For some people those writers could provide some temporary insight or comfort but usually that's all it is, unless you spend your money to workshops to deepen your experience (and buy their next book, with the same insights in it).

Talking about writing, does anyone have this kind of problem: you'd like to write but it seems to take so much effort/it is exhausting/it's hard to get a proper "hold of the story". I've had this for a few years now. (It's also a bit difficult for me to write English but that's anotheer thing.)
          I sort of envy those fan ficcers and the like who write like machines...
          baah.

Comment

Talking about writing, does anyone have this kind of problem: you'd like to write but it seems to take so much effort/it is exhausting/it's hard to get a proper "hold of the story". I've had this for a few years now. (It's also a bit difficult for me to write English but that's anotheer thing.)
            I sort of envy those fan ficcers and the like who write like machines...
            Yes! I have the same issue...

Writing fanfiction is easier in that you already know and love the characters and have a starting off place plot wise. Fan fiction writers love the characters so much they don't want to leave them so they generate new stories so they can keep staying with them longer; it's an addiction.

Starting from scratch, creating characters and knowing them well enough to love them and to want to share their stories is a lot harder...

Comment

Thinking about the flu shot I just got. My first one since as long as I can remember. If I got one as a kid, I don't recall.
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I stay away from flu shots. They pick the shot based on a prediction of which strain is likely to be active and it is a crap shoot whether they are right or not. I have not had the flu since I was 21. I am not likely to get it unless a new strain comes out that is extremely virulent and hits my area. Living in the country as I do I am not exposed to as many people as I was when living in a major city.
                The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingCompass View Post
                  Yes! I have the same issue...

Writing fanfiction is easier in that you already know and love the characters and have a starting off place plot wise. Fan fiction writers love the characters so much they don't want to leave them so they generate new stories so they can keep staying with them longer; it's an addiction.

Starting from scratch, creating characters and knowing them well enough to love them and to want to share their stories is a lot harder...
                  That makes sense then! I don't really love things I write, characters or not. Perhaps that is also why I'm not really excited about fiction in general, Idon't really love the characters. Or anything. :P Sounds a bit crude but that's how it is. But hey, at least I'm spared from the emotional damage people hype about on various writing websites.
                  baah.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                    I stay away from flu shots. They pick the shot based on a prediction of which strain is likely to be active and it is a crap shoot whether they are right or not. I have not had the flu since I was 21. I am not likely to get it unless a new strain comes out that is extremely virulent and hits my area. Living in the country as I do I am not exposed to as many people as I was when living in a major city.
                    I chock it up to personal preference. I usually don't bother with it because I have a pretty good immune system but I also have my personal reasons for getting it this year.
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                      I chock it up to personal preference. I usually don't bother with it because I have a pretty good immune system but I also have my personal reasons for getting it this year.
                      I got mine in the hospital. This flu shot this year is particularly strong (the nurse and I were chatting about it).
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Have to admit at times I am curious about the so called flu shot as I've seen it also listed as the pneumonia shot. I've gotten the pneumonia shot a few times but tend not to get the flu shot as each time I've gotten one I've gotten extremely sick though i'm always told it wasn't the shot. Yet those years I didn't get never got sick once. The doctor's then tell me it wasn't the shot it must have been the solution they created in that gets me.
                        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

The pneumonia shot is a five year vaccine. The flu is yearly. The pneumonia one is for mostly the elderly or people like me who got it so bad I had to have my lungs drained with a needle in the hospital. I will take that little needle over the needle tracing through my side to pierce my lung any day of the week! No bueno.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I haven't been able to sleep lately. I've been up for a solid hour before my alarm now, and I didn't go to bed until midnight.

Mostly art.

Comment

I am thinking about how I have gained weight and what the heck I am going to do about it. I feel so darned depressed.
                              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                                I am thinking about how I have gained weight and what the heck I am going to do about it. I feel so darned depressed.
                                Don't feel bad-you aren't the only one. I'm working to lose it too. I joined up with fitocracy and got a 30 day challenge app on my tablet and set 5lb goals/mini rewards for myself as motivation
                                Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                                Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X