This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

My t eacher. Another conversation we had. Just makes what I'm doing all the more fun.
    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I got a new tarot deck today. I had it on my lap and shuffled it around to get used to me. I've pulled two cards. Both were dead on accurate for me. I think this deck and I are going to get along.
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

One more day of a 6 day work week then 2 glorious days off!
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          One more day of a 6 day work week then 2 glorious days off!
          Days off are great. I just started my three day not-weekend today.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I have two exams today... and a belt test on Saturday. Yikes.
            baah.

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
              Thanks but it takes some days to get it to denmark, and customs take up to 2 weeks to let it through.
              This is when you say "I swear, I left enough time for it to come through customs..." and give him an awesome card with an IOU one fabu gift that I had to send to America for...
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Apparently some physical thing on my pc isn't working so it won't access wifi. The 2nd network it created is mine only through ethernet and the cable attached from the pc to the router. So it's not a security issue, etc., and the wifi still works for mobile devices, so it's all pretty much the same as it was before. I'm not gonna take it into the shop unless this other (wired) connection fails at some point. I spoke to my internet provider and it's def. not on their end. While messing with it, it spontaneously changed its name to my network's name followed by a 2.

Walks away muttering "These new-fangled contraptions......."
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

A number of laptops have a switch somewhere on the laptop casing. If it's flipped one way, you have wifi, the other your wifi adapter is disabled. Might be worthwhile to see if you have one toggled to off.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                    Apparently some physical thing on my pc isn't working so it won't access wifi.
                    My laptop has "flight mode" which disables wi-fi. It's at the top of the network menu and you can also toggle with a key on the keyboard.
                    Once a man, like the sea I raged;
                    Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
                    And there is in fact more earth than sea.
                    Genesis lyric

Comment

Thanks, guys! It is a desktop pc. When I go into "network connections" from the control panel, I can disable/enable the ethernet and/or wifi. No combination of juggling gets the wifi to connect & get an internet connection. (My tablet & phone are still able to connect & use the wifi, though.)
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

And on the 6th day she rested! And thus began my two days off!

Comment

I wanted to post a thread on ASPD and hear people's opinion on it but not sure where to post it at.
                          "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
                            I wanted to post a thread on ASPD and hear people's opinion on it but not sure where to post it at.
                            Maybe health and home, since it falls under mental health? Or just general?

No staying up all night. I wanna go to the shelter tomorrow.
                            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                              Maybe health and home, since it falls under mental health? Or just general?

No staying up all night. I wanna go to the shelter tomorrow.
                              I might just mention it in my thread that I made on other peoples struggles and that type of stuff.

Comment

Woah. Found an online police scanner for the country. So I picked LA and am now listening to the LAPD. Very cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X