This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Going to Port Dover tomorrow for Friday the 13th biker rally, going to be fun.
    White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
    sigpic
    In Days of yore,
    From Britain's shore
    Wolfe the dauntless hero came
    And planted firm Britannia's flag
    On Canada's fair domain.
    Here may it wave,
    Our boast, our pride
    And joined in love together,
    The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
    The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Just got about 5+ outfits from local second hand stores. If I had gone to a department store, I probably could've gotten about 1 or 2 items of clothing for the amount of money I spent.
      Yay for thrift stores!

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
        Just got about 5+ outfits from local second hand stores. If I had gone to a department store, I probably could've gotten about 1 or 2 items of clothing for the amount of money I spent.
        Yay for thrift stores!
        I love thrift stores but I can't ever find any pants that fits me. I always wear really odd pant sizes and I'm not willing to hem my jeans. Ugh.
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
          I love thrift stores but I can't ever find any pants that fits me. I always wear really odd pant sizes and I'm not willing to hem my jeans. Ugh.
          Awe, I'm sorry to hear that. We've got hordes of thrift stores where I live. Guess I'm lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
            There always seems to be a catch.
            Perhaps that it's winter for me and Rae'ya???
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
              Perhaps that it's winter for me and Rae'ya???
              "Winter". Haha. I just checked your weather. You're one degree warmer than me.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                Miss volcaniclastic... I feel as though your perspective on winter may be uniquely skewed..... You should go someplace warm and lie naked on the beach.... That'll loosen you up
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Bedtime. I can't wait, I'm so tired.

Comment

This may be long. Sowwy.

I was on the bus coming home from getting groceries. The ride was about 5 minutes long. I sat at the front so I could get off right away. Sat next to a nice little old lady yapping on and on...about Jesus...to the 2 poor young people across from her. They were at this point all glassy eyed. I don't think I ever heard her breathe. She was nice. Happy. Joyful in how Jesus forgives and all that 'loving Christian talk'. I'm sitting right next to her and so I just start looking over at her to listen. She's happy. She starts looking to me as well. Smiling that wonderful granny smile that makes you think she's gonna give you some candy from her purse.

She is talking and talking and looks to me for approval of what she is saying *since the poor couple across from her are about to teeter off into a Jesus induced coma* and I say blankly 'I'm an atheist'. As in to say don't look to me! I'm just listening. In a blink of an eye she turns from me and keeps right on gabbing away. Not a blip in the radar as far as anyone is concerned.

But I saw it. In that blink of her turning away from me, her mask of love slipped and I saw the true face. I wasn't human. I was nothing. Worse then that it was that look in her eye. I was a bug and she wanted to look away. She had disgust on her face. Only I caught it. But I did catch it

And that is how I continue to stay an atheist 28 years later.

Thanks religious peeps. Keep up the good work.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      This may be long. Sowwy.

I was on the bus coming home from getting groceries. The ride was about 5 minutes long. I sat at the front so I could get off right away. Sat next to a nice little old lady yapping on and on...about Jesus...to the 2 poor young people across from her. They were at this point all glassy eyed. I don't think I ever heard her breathe. She was nice. Happy. Joyful in how Jesus forgives and all that 'loving Christian talk'. I'm sitting right next to her and so I just start looking over at her to listen. She's happy. She starts looking to me as well. Smiling that wonderful granny smile that makes you think she's gonna give you some candy from her purse.

She is talking and talking and looks to me for approval of what she is saying *since the poor couple across from her are about to teeter off into a Jesus induced coma* and I say blankly 'I'm an atheist'. As in to say don't look to me! I'm just listening. In a blink of an eye she turns from me and keeps right on gabbing away. Not a blip in the radar as far as anyone is concerned.

But I saw it. In that blink of her turning away from me, her mask of love slipped and I saw the true face. I wasn't human. I was nothing. Worse then that it was that look in her eye. I was a bug and she wanted to look away. She had disgust on her face. Only I caught it. But I did catch it

And that is how I continue to stay an atheist 28 years later.

Thanks religious peeps. Keep up the good work.
                      People are messed up.

Mostly art.

Comment

Friday the 13th, and a full moon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                          Friday the 13th, and a full moon.
                          I just worked 10 hours and it's raining... I didn't notice any of those things.... My goodness it's damp here in bed.... I think I left the windows open, so I guess there it is...
                          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

Yeah no doubt our winter is pathetic. We get frosts occasionally. Dont usually drop to less than 2 below, and thats at 4am. Its been a slow start to winter too, late May was still in the mid 20's.

Problem is though, that we don't do winter here. Its not a thing people take seriously. Houses are not built properly. My house is also a metre off the ground, so the floor is always cold. I have one dodgy little electic heater in my loungeroom, that does nothing. We also don't learn how to dress properly here either. Im still putting on tshirts, and its nearly yule.

Id prefer our summer, with your winter, and a house thats built properly.

Well maybe not your winter V, but a real winter.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I have an Aussie mate who loves winter there but hates summer with a vengeance.
                              Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzal View Post
                                I have an Aussie mate who loves winter there but hates summer with a vengeance.
                                Nah, I like it hot!!! I like sleeping/being naked. Summer is for me.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                                Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment