This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

I have the 9 of swords Thoth Tarot card tatted on my forearm. Under it reads 'cruelty' just like the card implies. That of depression/desperation of the mind. It's all in red ink like the card. I got it when I was going through my very tough time of out of control bi polar. One of the darkest times of my mental stability full of fear. Full of...desperation.

It's been fading over the years. My body has been absorbing the red ink. The tops of the swords are there. But the actual swords are disintegrating. And the cruelty word has all fallen apart. Only I know what word was there. I've never been disappointed in the fact this tattoo didn't stick. Nor am I regretful of it.

Desperation is timed. It's finite. It had a beginning and now it's had its end. It's quite fitting that I watch it disappear.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Had to get another tooth pulled today.

I'm starting to feel like a pumpkin head.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

My granny is so annoying when she drinks.
        "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I can relate to what you said about German. (Sorry to hijack the discussion between you and Jembru! I just want to talk about languages now that there's an excuse!)
          I have had so many opportunities to learn German properly but well, I guess I will always be on the basic broken German level. (I'm not a big fan of learning things systematically, especially when it concerns German which has been in my life since I was 6.)
          But well, everything can't be perfect...

Feel free to join the discussion!
          Why don't you try learning German by your own? There are a lot of self learning material around. I improved my English way more on my own than with teachers. Maybe you should find your own method! But don't give up. German is an incredible language.

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
          I'm sorry about your experience with kanji. I hated them too. Although if you ever decide to give Japanese another go, I highly recommend using Heising's Remembering the Kanji. It teaches in a logical order where each new character builds on previous knowledge, and you also use mnemonics to help you remember. It's far easier than the method used in Japanese schools.
          Maybe one day I'll get back to Japanese and if I do so I'll try to remember your advice! Thanks a lot!

Foreign students have little way of knowing which words we read are common in conversation, so we tend to memorise everything. So we'll say odd things and not be understood at times. This means that in a strange irony, those who sound the most 'fluent' when speaking, are actually those who stick to the most basic words and phrases!
          This explanation would help me a lot back then! I never realised that, but it makes lots of sense. Do you know if it happens with other languages as well? I wonder if Russian has something similar (Gleb could help here, I guess) or if it's only present in a few asian languages.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say I believe knowledge is only 1 third of what makes a proficient language user. The other 2 thirds being motor skills/muscle memory and the ability to infer meaning even when you don't know every word in a sentence, using what you DO know, and non-verbal cues (and this goes for native speakers too)

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
            Also, I legit can't choose a card for this deck box. Anyone wanna help me pick? I've got the choices here
            I like the Hierophant best.
            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              Had to get another tooth pulled today.

I'm starting to feel like a pumpkin head.

Trust me when I say,I was never happier than when I got them ALL yanked out(at the time they were really bad,and I got help from a non profit place to pay for that and dentures)
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Eofor View Post
                Why don't you try learning German by your own? There are a lot of self learning material around. I improved my English way more on my own than with teachers. Maybe you should find your own method! But don't give up. German is an incredible language.
                Yeah, I used "Deutsch – warum nicht?" that was produced in collaboration with the Goethe-Institut and Deutsche Welle. It's dated now because it used the old writing conventions, but the course itself is great fun, and handy for those who need to use the language verbally because it's audio based.

Actually, we've kinda got ya covered already!

The linguistic pagan

Linguistics and the craft

And

What language would you want to learn

You can bet I'm all over such threads like a leech when they're active!

We don't really have a generic language thread as far as I remember, so I guess you couldn't start one to keep us out of this thread. We had threads for German, Japanese and Arabic at some time or another, but I imagine they're all locked now.
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

We had a Russian thread somewhere. But it's dead. And I don't have the energy to start an Ask the Russian thread.
                  "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Just read my post from the linguistic pagan thread. That was 3 years ago and I was complaining at not knowing enough kanji to pass JLPT N2 (second highest level out of a total of 5). I sat a past paper a few days ago and got 88% on the reading and 91% on the grammar (the two sections I failed on back then). It's been painfully slow, but it's nice to be reminded that I really have progressed!
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I need to put the mahjong down and go to bed.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Eofor
                        Perhaps I should! I'm quite lazy when it comes to the process of learning a language. My weakest point is definitely grammar which I'm not very motivated to learn.
                        However, I do watch German TV (when I visit my parents), read stuff in German and try to discuss in German with people who can speak it. (I refuse to speak English in public anyway.) It's still there!

I remember the linguistic pagan thread! I did some whining extraordinaire there... :P
                        baah.

Comment

Nothing is so creepy as getting out of the shower, looking over to the window, and suddenly seeing the shadowy outline of someone rising up to look through it...Had a mild panic of "Oh gods, what is that" before I remembered that oh yeah, gutter people.......did they have to start by the shower though right as I was getting out of it -__-
                          Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                          Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                          sigpic

Comment

Remembering my issues with owning animals. Also, had an interesting discussion with my teacher today.
                            "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Ultrasound on a pregnant mare today that my stallion sired... looking good! Can't wait to meet the little cutie when it comes.

Comment

Doing the whole no sugar thing again. Now that the holidays are done, this should be easier. Why do I have to love chocolate so much?
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X